F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > ecopro coasting
GetBMWParts

09-05-2017, 07:40 AM   #67
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallP View Post
All good and worked fine. I found very very marginal difference in MPG so coded it back to normal. Worked fine though and no overheating.
Thanks you so are we taking minuscule Mpg e.g less than 0.5?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #68
TallP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330D M Sport XDrive

Yeah. I tested it on different days on my identical commute over 12 miles and got less than 1 mpg in general. I think on one of the days the coasting was worse mpg.
Appreciate 1
brh18921.00
      09-06-2017, 07:13 AM   #69
Ajs_435d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 435d m sport m performance

Thank you I won't bother then!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #70
Fonzy31
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Hi everyone.
I'm a new BMW owner.
I've just bought a used 2012 ActiveHybrid 3, i received it 3 days ago, so i'm still discovering it everyday.
I watched every youtube video possible, and read every review i could find on the internet.
And it always said that the electric engine could run up to 75km/h (sorry i don't use Miles or Mpg, but km/h and L/100km, I'm french) and up to 4km of autonomy.
And it always talked about this amazing coasting mode, which can turn the petrol engine off at stabilized speeds. Which was very interesting IMHO to gain more MPGs, and to fight traffic jams.
I had a lot of expectations about it...
But unfortunately, i realized that i don't have the coasting option in my eco pro menu, so i started to search a way to add it, and i find this thread.

So... here is my question
Could someone tell me if i can code the Coasting option by myself or is there any danger (some hardware missing maybe?) doing it?
How could i do that, i'm a pure newbie, and all these modifications are new to me.
Thanks for your help

PS: Sorry for the bad english... But at least I try
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 03:37 PM   #71
tjlees
Major
England
Rep
Drives: F30 Chav Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzy31 View Post
Hi everyone.
I'm a new BMW owner.
I've just bought a used 2012 ActiveHybrid 3, i received it 3 days ago, so i'm still discovering it everyday.
I watched every youtube video possible, and read every review i could find on the internet.
And it always said that the electric engine could run up to 75km/h (sorry i don't use Miles or Mpg, but km/h and L/100km, I'm french) and up to 4km of autonomy.
And it always talked about this amazing coasting mode, which can turn the petrol engine off at stabilized speeds. Which was very interesting IMHO to gain more MPGs, and to fight traffic jams.
I had a lot of expectations about it...
But unfortunately, i realized that i don't have the coasting option in my eco pro menu, so i started to search a way to add it, and i find this thread.

So... here is my question
Could someone tell me if i can code the Coasting option by myself or is there any danger (some hardware missing maybe?) doing it?
How could i do that, i'm a pure newbie, and all these modifications are new to me.
Thanks for your help

PS: Sorry for the bad english... But at least I try
It’s likely that the transmission isn’t cooled properly for a 2012 so not recommended

See http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1110845
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 10:53 AM   #72
TheoneLT83
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i and e92 330d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
To answer your question, yes it would be default on at all times. I actually have a retrofitted HU_NBT and the option to turn on/off Eco Pro coasting does show up but when I uncheck it, the coasting option remains active unless I disable it via coding.

I have a feeling that I need to VO code the 07/13 build date to another ECU before this works but it's not worth trying since my car has stalled a number of times with this feature on.
Did you find how to fix On/Off coasting?
Appreciate 0