F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > How to remove oil-based paint on black leather interior for F32?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-19-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
vuiihs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 911 C4

How to remove oil-based paint on black leather interior for F32?

It's not big but annoying. It's been a week since dropped.

Please help me which chemical to use, and where to get it.

Thank you very much guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #2
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuiihs View Post
It's not big but annoying. It's been a week since dropped.

Please help me which chemical to use, and where to get it.

Thank you very much guys!
Be very careful with this...

You'll likely get a number of suggestions, but be smart about what you choose to try. Some mistakes can't be undone.

First, you want to only use products that are approved for dyed automotive leather. However, regular leather cleaner isn't meant to remove paint droppings, so you'll need something a little stronger, but likely not at full strength, so dilution is your friend here.

I would try a high quality Auto all purpose cleaner. The best will likely need to be ordered online. I like Adams, but Chemical Guys makes a decent one, Griot's , think Sonax has one, CarPro, etc. Doesn't matter which, just get one, then dilute in a spray bottle with distilled or filtered water, spray, then wipe, not rub with a microfiber towel until clean.

You can also try a Magic Eraser which you can get at the drug store. Finish the process with a quality leather cleaner then conditioner.

If this doesn't work, take it to a pro leather shop.

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2015, 11:12 PM   #3
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

If someone suggests hairspray, DO NOT DO IT!

Chemical guys, Griot's, Sonar are good choices. You'll probably have to order through the internet though.

I use Lexol leather shampoo (orange bottle) and Lexol leather conditioner (brown bottle). You can find it at pretty much any auto parts store and it works really well. Spray on the shampoo directly onto the spot and use a soft/media toothbrush with some water to agitate it. Build some foam, then wipe off. If there is some paint left, hit it again just don't apply too much force. Once the stains gone, take the conditioner and a cloth, and massage a light amount into the seat.
Appreciate 0