F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My loaner 😣
GetBMWParts

08-16-2023, 07:36 PM   #1
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
My loaner 😣

My car is at the dealer for a seat motor issue that should be covered by the CPO warranty. There’s just a little bit of CPO warranty left and props to the customer service rep at BMWNA who comp’d my warranty transfer. He called right after they received my $200 check to transfer the warranty to tell me since there was just a month left on it he wasn’t going to charge me and would shred my check!

Anyway, the point of this tangentially relevant F30 thread. The dealer was out of BMW loaners, so I’m driving this. It bounces like crazy!! I am thankful to have a vehicle, but man, this will make you yearn to get back in your BMW!!
Attached Images

member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

08-16-2023, 07:46 PM   #2
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I could have chosen a Nissan Versa, but I had the first one in my mind when they said that and not the second one.
Attached Images

08-17-2023, 03:03 PM   #3
charlie fairmont
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: His & hers, GC & X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
My car is at the dealer for a seat motor issue that should be covered by the CPO warranty. There’s just a little bit of CPO warranty left and props to the customer service rep at BMWNA who comp’d my warranty transfer. He called right after they received my $200 check to transfer the warranty to tell me since there was just a month left on it he wasn’t going to charge me and would shred my check!

Anyway, the point of this tangentially relevant F30 thread. The dealer was out of BMW loaners, so I’m driving this. It bounces like crazy!! I am thankful to have a vehicle, but man, this will make you yearn to get back in your BMW!!
It's never gonna ride like your car, but 100lbs in the bed will help the ride. (Sand bags, bags of concrete, cases of water, etc.)
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2023, 03:09 PM   #4
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Loaners are hilarious.

In 2005 I bought a new Corvette. After a few months the seat belt broke and the part was on back order for three months. Because it was a safety sensitive part they could not release the car to me so, for three months I paid $600/mo to drive a 2003 Chevy Impala. It smelled like cigarette smoke and vaseline.

.... and there was nothing I could do about it
Attached Images

08-17-2023, 04:07 PM   #5
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonphoenix View Post
Loaners are hilarious.

In 2005 I bought a new Corvette. After a few months the seat belt broke and the part was on back order for three months. Because it was a safety sensitive part they could not release the car to me so, for three months I paid $600/mo to drive a 2003 Chevy Impala. It smelled like cigarette smoke and vaseline.

.... and there was nothing I could do about it
Wow!! Was there any talk of comping you for your payments? One nice thing about BMW is they would have helped you out.

08-18-2023, 04:29 PM   #6
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Had to take a 2015-ish Versa sedan on a 400+ mile round trip in Nevada on two stupid windy days. My traveling companion described traveling each leg as four hours in a tumble drier. The CVT calibration for the US market was "interesting" and it felt like all the dampers were shot. I also think the track is so narrow that the car wanted to fall down the ruts in the highway left by the heavy trucks.

By contrast, a Mexican market Versa 4-door rode much better with a nicer transmission. A Versa Note hatchback I rented on Maui was a perfect vehicle for the narrow roads, and also drove better than that rental. Go figure.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2023, 04:59 PM   #7
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Wow!! Was there any talk of comping you for your payments? One nice thing about BMW is they would have helped you out.
Really? I had no idea. Didn't even think to ask at the time. Maybe if it was a lease I might have asked.