F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ordering 335i. Advice on options
Studio RSR

03-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #1
crazydiamond
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Question Ordering 335i. Advice on options

Hi,

The lease on my 2011 328i is about to end. I am getting fairly decent lease quotes from the local dealers for a 2013 F30 335i.

Here is what I'm currently thinking on top of Base (no-line) 335i
i. Dynamic Handling Pkg
ii. HK Premium Sound
iii. Increased top speed limiter w/Performance Tires

For (i), seems like DHP will give me most useful aspects (VSS, Adaptive suspension) of a sports experience while leaving out the Sports Line cosmetic updates and the sports seats.

Any experience with DHP on a base 335i would be appreciated. This will be the 8-spd auto (wife don't let me get manual again)

For (iii), the BMWNA Build Your Own BMW shows nicer rims with possibly larger tires. Can anyone here confirm what RIM/Tire package this entails on a Base 335i?Is it worth it to change?

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #2
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

DHP is a must have and for the relatively cheap price I'd add the sport transmission (gives you paddle shifters).

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Tech package but I felt like the stand alone Navigation is a must as that is the only way you get the extended display in the instrument cluster. I think the standard instrument cluster, w/o the MUCH larger LCD screen feels a little low rent. Keep in mind, I'm not referring to the actual LCD screen above the radio, I'm talking about the LCD screen found by the speedo/tach.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
DHP is a must have and for the relatively cheap price I'd add the sport transmission (gives you paddle shifters).

Also, I'm not a big fan of the Tech package but I felt like the stand alone Navigation is a must as that is the only way you get the extended display in the instrument cluster. I think the standard instrument cluster, w/o the MUCH larger LCD screen feels a little low rent. Keep in mind, I'm not referring to the actual LCD screen above the radio, I'm talking about the LCD screen found by the speedo/tach.
I think that comes with the "Instrument cluster with extended contents" that is in the tech pkg not the navigation.

True, tech pkg is very expensive, and I don't think navigation is really necessary...(a $100 garmin does the same job probably even better). But there's a couple things that make tech pkg a must-have for 335:
1. Head-up display. Only in tech pkg for us spec 3s
2. Larger iDrive screen - 335 comes with a really ugly (and small) iDrive screen...I don't think you can delete it, the only thing you can do is to buy the tech pkg or the navigation to make it look much nicer.
3. enhanced Bluetooth and USB. If you have a smartphone, you will love it.
4. much better instrument cluster screen.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

If you build a 3 series and go to options and select Navigation as the only option by default you get:

Instrument cluster with extended contents $0
Navigation system $2,150
Real Time Traffic Information $0
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB $0
Online Information Services $0

The only thing that you would get additional by adding Tech Package is the HUD, Music Interface (smartphone) and BMW Apps. I liked the HUD but not for an additional $1k and I can get music loaded onto the onboard HD pretty easily and don't use online streaming music services.

I've confirmed this with my VIN. By adding only Nav I got the following options:

S6WAA - Extended cluster
S6UHA - Traffic Info
S6NLA - BT
S6AAA - Tele Services

With all that being said I'll probably cry if I don't end up with the expanded cluster!!

Last edited by n55x3; 03-21-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
pallymore
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
If you build a 3 series and go to options and select Navigation as the only option by default you get:

Instrument cluster with extended contents $0
Navigation system $2,150
Real Time Traffic Information $0
BMW Assist with enhanced Bluetooth and USB $0
Online Information Services $0

The only thing that you would get additional by adding Tech Package is the HUD, Music Interface (smartphone) and BMW Apps. I liked the HUD but not for an additional $1k and I can get music loaded onto the onboard HD pretty easily and don't use online streaming music services.

I've confirmed this with my VIN. By adding only Nav I got the following options:

S6WAA - Extended cluster
S6UHA - Traffic Info
S6NLA - BT
S6AAA - Tele Services

With all that being said I'll probably cry if I don't end up with the expanded cluster!!
hm..just checked. you are correct!

so you are really getting HUD + BMW Apps for about $1k with tech pkg

I think it's worth it. HUD can be added $1300 option on some other models.
BMW Apps doesn't worth $250 though.

Appreciate 0