F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > :: BMR Autowerkes :: F30 Performance Parts
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #155
AussieF30
New Member
 
AussieF30's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M SPORT
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Melbourne Australia

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerad View Post
damn, i wish there is someone in Melbounre that sells and do installation, why do people in Sydney get all the best of everything (


Southern BM are the place to go in Melbourne!

They have supplied and installed the upgrades to my 335i M Performance.

They know Stuart and worked with BMR to get my parts to Melbourne.

My mods - Challenge HFC downpipe, AFE Pro dry s intake, Hartge tune and M Performance exhaust (supplied by Stuart @ BMR).

They know thier BMW's and are exceptionally helpful.
AussieF30 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #156
Dabaitu
Colonel
 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

Posts: 2,950
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieF30 View Post
Southern BM are the place to go in Melbourne!

They have supplied and installed the upgrades to my 335i M Performance.

They know Stuart and worked with BMR to get my parts to Melbourne.

My mods - Challenge HFC downpipe, AFE Pro dry s intake, Hartge tune and M Performance exhaust (supplied by Stuart @ BMR).

They know thier BMW's and are exceptionally helpful.
+1

SouthernBM are one of the best garage's in the country.
Dabaitu is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #157
bimmerad
Private
 
Drives: 320i MW Luxury
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melb

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
+1

SouthernBM are one of the best garage's in the country.
Thanks for the info guys.

One question: do you guys usually order your parts yourself from overseas and have them ship straight to the bmw garage and bring the car there for fitment?

I am interested in a few parts from 3D designs and wondering if anyone has order from them and how long it usually take for the part to get here.
bimmerad is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2013, 07:44 AM   #158
Archangel335
Private First Class
 
Archangel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Don't agree about SouthernBM being one of the best garages in the country. Most arrogant & overpriced maybe.

2 years ago I went over and spoke to Andrew about getting parts on my car through them. Mentioned brands like AR dp, Helix intercoolers, Afe filters & JB4. Their response to me was "If you are talking about those ebay parts, I would not even waste my time talking to you about this. They might not fit properly and might even have issues. We only do Dinan cos they are the best." Gave me a few quotes on their Dinan stuff.

I was like wtf....of course I never went back & would never ask any of my friends to.

Last edited by Archangel335; 09-10-2013 at 08:21 AM.
Archangel335 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #159
Dabaitu
Colonel
 
Drives: anything given a chance
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: .au

Posts: 2,950
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel335 View Post
Don't agree about SouthernBM being one of the best garages in the country. Most arrogant & overpriced maybe.

2 years ago I went over and spoke to Andrew about getting parts on my car through them. Mentioned brands like AR dp, Helix intercoolers, Afe filters & JB4. Their response to me was "If you are talking about those ebay parts, I would not even waste my time talking to you about this. They might not fit properly and might even have issues. We only do Dinan cos they are the best." Gave me a few quotes on their Dinan stuff.

I was like wtf....of course I never went back & would never ask any of my friends to.
Bollocks.
Dabaitu is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #160
Archangel335
Private First Class
 
Archangel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Bollocks.
No reason to smear them if it ain't TRUE.
Archangel335 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #161
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Brigadier General
 
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

Posts: 4,817
iTrader: (3)

IMO SouthernBM is one of the best garages in the country.

Julius it's unfortunate you had a bad experience with them. If Southern didn't want to install those parts that's their prerogative. Two years ago I guess those brands may have been unknown. However these days a lot of those parts are seen as quality as they are tried and tested. From a workshop point of view I too am hesistant about touching noname stuff as it's my liability to do a professional install and the customer expects that, something that could prove tricky, expensive and time wasting if dealing with inferior parts.
These days I am sure if you went to Southern with some AR Design downpipes they would gladly book you in and provide you with a competitive quote for install.
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #162
Archangel335
Private First Class
 
Archangel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Melbourne

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart@BMRAutowerkes View Post
IMO SouthernBM is one of the best garages in the country.

Julius it's unfortunate you had a bad experience with them. If Southern didn't want to install those parts that's their prerogative. Two years ago I guess those brands may have been unknown. However these days a lot of those parts are seen as quality as they are tried and tested. From a workshop point of view I too am hesistant about touching noname stuff as it's my liability to do a professional install and the customer expects that, something that could prove tricky, expensive and time wasting if dealing with inferior parts.
These days I am sure if you went to Southern with some AR Design downpipes they would gladly book you in and provide you with a competitive quote for install.
Agree Stu. It's just his arrogant reply that irks me till today. All good. Said my peace.
Archangel335 is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      09-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #163
G8tor
New Member
 
Drives: 328i Sports Sparkling Bronze
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Has anyone had any experience with high gloss carbon fibre wrap? I liked the black gloss finish in my 328i at first but now I'd like the look of the carbon fibre trim pieces - so was thinking about wrapping instead of replacing the entire pieces. Also, I had a quick read of this thread but may have missed the information about replacing the sport line steering wheel with the flat bottomed alcantara model - is this wheel available in Australia and is it compatible with paddle shifters? Any idea of cost of the wheel? First post- looking forward to many more.
G8tor is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #164
HFW003
Major
 
HFW003's Avatar
 
Drives: Havana 328 Modern Line
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Newcastle, Australia

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (0)

How are those pedals coming along Stu?

H
__________________
2013 Havana 328 Modern Line with Xenons,HK stereo, Sports seats, Sunroof, Pro Nav, VSS, adaptive suspension, 19" 401's and other bits and pieces.
HFW003 is online now   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bmw performance, f30, m performance, n20, n55

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST