F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > AU F30 Pricing
proTUNING Freaks

02-07-2013, 12:01 AM   #221
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

I do a mixture of highway/stop start traffic (my average speed is something like 30km/h according to the trip computer). With my previous car which was an X1 s20d I was averaging 12km/litre (roughly comparable to the 320d though the F30 has a slightly new tune and 8 speed gearbox). The 328i has been mired in the high 9s. If you do mainly country then the difference could be less.

To be honest the 2 engines are completely different beasts. I think you may need to test drive both to see which one you like best, apart from fuel consumption.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #222
Id
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW Golf R

My average speed is 89

I'm coming from a Golf R and before that an Audi S3 (but before that an e36 318is) so I'm quite used to turbo 4s.

A damn. A test drive down the old pacific highway may just have to be in order to test them out. What a hardship
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #223
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctg View Post
Does the M-Sport package come with lowered suspension?
Yes. It's 10mm lowered compared to stock
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #224
jctg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport BSM

One more option to consider:

Variable Sport Steering. I have it and I love it.

Edit: You already optioned it. NVM.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 04:06 AM   #225
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

well I went to a few dealers today as well as phoned, and ended getting
a white 320i touring after seeing one in the showroom today.
All up was 72000 Drive away, with M Sport, Nav, Bt Audio, Blinds and Panoramic Sunroof.
Same car i got quoted for, but found one on same boat with Sunroof.

As the touring attracts a 4k premium at list over the sedan i was pretty happy with it.
May not be the best deal but i reckon not to shabby.

Only 30 Days now till i will be driving it. Can't wait !!!

Thanks all for your help
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #226
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Grats mate load up some photos when u get her. I believe it will be one of the first few to hit the Au forums
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #227
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-sport

Smile

Hi all, new to the forum....have been lurking for a while, doing loads of research and have found it incredibly valuable....this pricing post particularly (and ones on paint protection), so many thanks indeed from a neewbie!

Was both exhilarated and mortified at the same time when I settled on a BS MSport 328i......mortified that I'd potentially have to wait ages (couldn't bear 7 months of torture!!!) was amazed when the dealer said they had 7 Msport BS's in stock!....Decided then I definitely couldn't wait for a 328i build with the dream spec and was very happy to see this Oct 2012 build with 27k's on the odo;

F30 328i
Msport
BS
Dakota black leather
Black gloss highlight trim
Aluminium trim
Adaptive M running gear
Variable sport steering
Sunroof
NavPro
Internet
Music interface for smartphone
Ext Connectivity
Bi-Xenon

(Only "oh bugger" item missing for me really was HUD....loved it in the demo I tested but reckon I can live without it (i hope!)

Originally quoted $$72,590 + taxes and DD ($4101) with LCT at $2695, so all up $90,163.

Took advantage of the corporate program via the Mrs (you can use spouses company as long as the car is registered in both names) so very happy with the 4 yr servicing....asked to get another years warranty (I'd seen someone else had managed that) but was a no go , so just the 3 yrs as normal.

After a bit of juggling back n forth and applying the Corporate Program discount (DD was reduced to $1850 or so) managed to get the price down to $82,000....which I'm fairly pleased with (was trading in and got about the right $$ I was after)

All in all, a great experience so far...terrific dealer service and a straight-up sales chap (I'm in sales and really appreciate a decent salesman!)

Pick up Thu/Fri!!!!! ....it's going to be an exciting lead up!!

Opting for Opti-coat and 3M tint from a detailer but have to wait 4 weeks or so before he can squeeze me in.
(off topic....anyone had 2 coats applied?...I hear you can layer, is it worth it?
and has anyone had their wheels done as well?)

Agin....thanks guys for all the posts and knowledge....it has given me a lot of insight and peace of mind!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #228
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemed View Post
Hi all, new to the forum....have been lurking for a while, doing loads of research and have found it incredibly valuable....this pricing post particularly (and ones on paint protection), so many thanks indeed from a neewbie!

Was both exhilarated and mortified at the same time when I settled on a BS MSport 328i......mortified that I'd potentially have to wait ages (couldn't bear 7 months of torture!!!) was amazed when the dealer said they had 7 Msport BS's in stock!....Decided then I definitely couldn't wait for a 328i build with the dream spec and was very happy to see this Oct 2012 build with 27k's on the odo;

F30 328i
Msport
BS
Dakota black leather
Aluminium trim
Adaptive M running gear
Variable sport steering
Sunroof
NavPro
Internet
Ext Connectivity
Bi-Xenon

(Only "oh bugger" item missing for me really was HUD....loved it in the demo I tested but reckon I can live without it (i hope!)

Originally quoted $$72,590 + taxes and DD ($4101) with LCT at $2695, so all up $90,163.

Took advantage of the corporate program via the Mrs (you can use spouses company as long as the car is registered in both names) so very happy with the 4 yr servicing....asked to get another years warranty (I'd seen someone else had managed that) but was a no go , so just the 3 yrs as normal.

After a bit of juggling back n forth and applying the Corporate Program discount (DD was reduced to $1850 or so) managed to get the price down to $82,000....which I'm fairly pleased with (was trading in and got about the right $$ I was after)

All in all, a great experience so far...terrific dealer service and a straight-up sales chap (I'm in sales and really appreciate a decent salesman!)

Opting for Opti-coat and 3M tint from a detailer but have to wait 4 weeks or so before he can squeeze me in.
(off topic....anyone had 2 coats applied?...I hear you can layer, is it worth it?

Agin....thanks guys for all the posts and knowledge....it has given me a lot of insight and peace of mind!
congratulations, nice build.

two coats of opticoat minimum. standard application covers this.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:11 AM   #229
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep

OK, thanks mate!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #230
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemed

F30 328i
Msport
BS
Dakota black leather
Aluminium trim
Adaptive M running gear
Variable sport steering
Sunroof
NavPro
Internet
Ext Connectivity
Bi-Xenon

Congrats mate. Share some pics when ur ready =)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #231
Blackfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Anybody buy a diesel in January? I don't think I was given the 4k summer deal discount. Prob too late now to apply for this?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 01:00 AM   #232
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfan View Post
Anybody buy a diesel in January? I don't think I was given the 4k summer deal discount. Prob too late now to apply for this?
Has your car been delivered? No harm in asking.. sames goes for the 4 year free servicing if you haven't got that package yet. Depends on your relationship with the dealer they can push it through.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #233
mackie777
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320i M

i dont think any dealer would give additionals after a deal has been done
when did the 4 year free deal finish
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #234
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackie777 View Post
i dont think any dealer would give additionals after a deal has been done
when did the 4 year free deal finish
It nvr does =) Corp programs get it all the time, if you have a good relationship with your dealer or have dealt with them previously they're usually ok to throw that in.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #235
Blackfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Car was purchased under corporate program so 4yr servicing was included. Deal has been closed and car delivered but nice to get an answer anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:58 AM   #236
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Got my 328i M-Sport on Friday afternoon and have barely slept since!....keep finding excuses for a drive, took 1.5 hrs to go to the shops for some milk yesterday....it's 300m away!

All in good nick (a tiny bit of rust in passenger seat, a light coating on a small hinge bracket, nothing major)

Promised myself I'd keep it smooth and under 4000rpm for the first 1000k.....broke that promise at the 38k mark!

Getting Tinted and Opticoat in 3 weeks (detailer said he applies 3 coats), getting the wheels done as well (i.e. removed and treated fully), adds to the expense of course but should help with the brake dust.

Apologies for the rubbish iphone pics;
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #237
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Hey hey nice black m sport. You must be overjoyed and the sleep depravation is a good sign. Mine is probably 5-6 weeks away. I'm counting down.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 04:46 AM   #238
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Ta screenshot.....it'll be worth the wait mate!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 05:22 AM   #239
bimmer-A
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D msport

black looks great! did you get brushed aluminium or hex alum interior?
      02-26-2013, 05:47 AM   #240
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer-A View Post
black looks great! did you get brushed aluminium or hex alum interior?
04AD-Brushed Aluminium with accent trim in black gloss......saw the hex in a demo but thought it a bit overstated

Briefly considered the 04AB Burled Walnut but knocked that on the head quickly
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #241
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Hey Beemed, I'm obsessing over the whereabouts of my car as i can't seem to find it on the WW website even the car was completed on 6th Feb so it's almost 3 weeks!

Did your car come in via another logistics company that's not Wallenius Wilhelmsen? I read somewhere that there's another carrier called K Line that also operates out of SA.

It's mighty unusual that a car can sit idle in dock/parking lot wherever for 3 weeks and still not be loaded onto a ship.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #242
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemed View Post
04AD-Brushed Aluminium with accent trim in black gloss......saw the hex in a demo but thought it a bit overstated

Briefly considered the 04AB Burled Walnut but knocked that on the head quickly
Congrats.. looks identical to mine lol !
Appreciate 0