F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Extreme Powerhouse

05-29-2012, 10:24 PM   #45
utnuc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 A4

Turn signals on the HUD would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #46
neilk
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i Sport

Do you see any way to enable enhanced Bluetooth or is it actually a separate module that needs to be installed?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #47
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilk View Post
Do you see any way to enable enhanced Bluetooth or is it actually a separate module that needs to be installed?

Thanks!
Its a couple pieces of extra hardware
      05-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #48
newBMWfan
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury Line 8AT Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
Me Too!

Any domestic sources?

I would like the entire cable since I'm not making one. E-Sys software downloading now!!!!!
Just an info for everyone. I ordered from Lithuanian site (via regular airmail option) and the cable arrived after 4 days (to Serbia, Europe).

Cable looks factory like, not the home made type.
Didn't have time to download all files yet, so I will probably try it during this weekend.

Just wanted you to know this is not some scam site, they really send things
Even package it very nicely
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #49
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by utnuc View Post
Turn signals on the HUD would be nice.
Haha I know, right? I did find the function and such but haven't gotten it to work yet, it's possibly there's another setting for it elsewhere in the code. Sadly enough I didn't have much time to do some coding lately either (we just bought a new home which consumes a lot of my time lately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilk View Post

Thanks!
Its a couple pieces of extra hardware
Yeah this is a bit the problem with many things. You can unlock a lot, but without the correct hardware you're pretty much unable to do anything. You can unlock DVD in Motion but without a DVD player it's pretty much useless lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by newBMWfan View Post
Just an info for everyone. I ordered from Lithuanian site (via regular airmail option) and the cable arrived after 4 days (to Serbia, Europe).

Cable looks factory like, not the home made type.
Didn't have time to download all files yet, so I will probably try it during this weekend.

Just wanted you to know this is not some scam site, they really send things
Even package it very nicely
Thanks for the confirmation. Any chance you could upload a picture so others can see it's indeed the real thing?

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #50
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

[QUOTE=newBMWfan;12061958]Just an info for everyone. I ordered from Lithuanian site (via regular airmail option) and the cable arrived after 4 days (to Serbia, Europe).

[QUOTE]

Good to know thanks. Based on your info I was going to order but the site seems to be down
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #51
alienranch
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Disclaimer disapears automatically

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxander View Post
Been lurking here for last couple months since I first ordered my 328i back in March, what an awesome post and mod. Had my f30 for a week now and the most irritating thing on startup is the disclaimer on idrive and having to push accept.
You actually don't have to push 'accept'. My disclaimer goes away by itself after about 10 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #52
Kronk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Little heads up guys, I have got the rear-view and top-view camera's working at all speeds, I only need to find the time-out of them (like in normal use, after a while they shut down through a time-out).

Something else I did is adding a few possible settings for the Sports Display. The display can now show other values.. KW, HP, LB_ft, Kg/M etc.

Other than this I didn't have much time to do much more...Tomorrow is memorial day so I doubt I'll be doing much, will add more when I have more
I noticed on my recent ED that the sport display defaulted to HP and ft/lbs when I changed my speed/distance settings to kph and kms. Not sure if this is a new feature or available since earlier production models.

Any chance on enabling the speed limit info for cars equipped with the driver's assistance package (and thus all the necessary hardware)?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjohal View Post
I noticed on my recent ED that the sport display defaulted to HP and ft/lbs when I changed my speed/distance settings to kph and kms. Not sure if this is a new feature or available since earlier production models.

Any chance on enabling the speed limit info for cars equipped with the driver's assistance package (and thus all the necessary hardware)?
Thanks, I never checked this before so I have no idea if the sports display does this automatically when the speed/distance settings are changed.

Anyone else can try this out for me to see if this works?

So far I was only able to do this by adding this possibility to the settings menu

As for SLI, they're working on it for the F10 to crack this. They do have figured out how to get the white square, and even get readings from time to time, but it's not consistent up until now.

Unfortunately I cannot test the SLI out myself on my F30 as mine came with SLI enabled so we need to find someone willing to code and test this on the F30 to see if we can crack this too. Thankfully lots of the F10 is very similar as to the F30 so it shouldn't be too hard to pick it up from where they are now with the F10.

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #54
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by airweasel View Post
You actually don't have to push 'accept'. My disclaimer goes away by itself after about 10 seconds.
It was like that with my X5 but with the new F30 it never went away until after pushing 'accept'. Now I don't see any disclaimers at all anymore

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #55
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
Can anyone tell me if these programs will work on a Mac?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #56
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
Can anyone tell me if these programs will work on a Mac?
I can't be 100% sure but this is what I read about it:

Quote:
Last note for you Apple folks. I ran E-Sys in a Virtual Machine today on a MacBook with a friend of mine. Made the connection to the car and was able to get up to the point that we were ready to open the FDL. Then I got an error because I was running the wrong psdzdata. It's going to take a while to live that one down. So you can either Bootcamp, Parallels or VM it.
Most likely you will be able to use it that way, it's worth a shot.. from the sound of it, the program ran just fine but if they indeed used the wrong psdzdata, then I can imagine they received a few errors

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #57
YMB-M3-J2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M3

Garage List
yeah I'm sure that can cause some problems. I will give it a shot and see what happens. Just to be curious what version of Windows are you running? i have a laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit that i could use but its my work PC and prefer not to.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #58
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
I should add that the actual required resistor is 511 ohms 0.6 watts, but people have been using 510 ohms 0.25 watts due to the ease of finding the latter.

However, I think I may actually have found the required resistor. Don't want to dash any hopes so I'll update some time this week.
What have we here? Why, it looks like a strip of 511 ohm 0.6 watt resistors! They actually do exist!

DISCLAIMER: I haven't built a cable with these yet, so I can't actually say that they work but stay tuned.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #59
utnuc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 A4

svache, any progress with the F30 SLI? I'm curious to know if it could work with the 2013 ZDA package only + coding.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #60
bananachipz
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
What have we here? Why, it looks like a strip of 511 ohm 0.6 watt resistors! They actually do exist!

DISCLAIMER: I haven't built a cable with these yet, so I can't actually say that they work but stay tuned.
...tuned.. And since you're local, do expect a knock from yours truly wanting to buy a homemade cable
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #61
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

I'm in Windsor and you're in Toronto so you can expect me to be looking to buy a home made cable as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #62
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

i have the cord from car into a USB. Is there any variation in this setup?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:53 AM   #63
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
yeah I'm sure that can cause some problems. I will give it a shot and see what happens. Just to be curious what version of Windows are you running? i have a laptop running Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit that i could use but its my work PC and prefer not to.
I'm running the software on both a laptop and desktop pc with Windows 7 64bit installed on them. I do my coding on the laptop and browsing through the code mostly on my desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by utnuc View Post
svache, any progress with the F30 SLI? I'm curious to know if it could work with the 2013 ZDA package only + coding.
I have honestly no idea, my hands are pretty much tied as I have this option installed from the beginning so I cannot test this. In order to test it for the F30, we need people with F30's who don't have it installed and are willing to try things out. The F10 guys are a bit stuck at the moment, they are trying to compare their code to that of the F10's that had it installed from factory, to see if they can find out what they need to do in order to get it running. From what I understand, you need to have at least the high beam assistant and driver assist package (like lane assist and blind spot warning), I am unsure if there was more that they need. You can check here how far they are with the F10: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=623841 (and there's a lot more in that other topic but this is the latest since they split the two topics so they could have one that concentrates on SLI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
i have the cord from car into a USB. Is there any variation in this setup?
From what I read, you can only read error codes with that, it will be non-functional for e-sys to actually code with. Again, this is just what I read elsewhere, not from my own experience. You can, of course, try it out but chances are likely that it wont work.

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 06:55 AM   #64
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newBMWfan View Post
Good to know thanks. Based on your info I was going to order but the site seems to be down
Website up again so I took the chance and ordered, paying with paypal and shipping to the US of A. Will update with results.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #65
newBMWfan
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury Line 8AT Xen

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
Haha I know, right? I did find the function and such but haven't gotten it to work yet, it's possibly there's another setting for it elsewhere in the code. Sadly enough I didn't have much time to do some coding lately either (we just bought a new home which consumes a lot of my time lately).

Yeah this is a bit the problem with many things. You can unlock a lot, but without the correct hardware you're pretty much unable to do anything. You can unlock DVD in Motion but without a DVD player it's pretty much useless lol

Thanks for the confirmation. Any chance you could upload a picture so others can see it's indeed the real thing?
Sure. It's still in my office (ordered on that address, since I am there most of the day . It's evening over here now, so first thing in the morning, when I am in the office.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #66
shoptb
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 G01 X3 m40i

Looked over your cheat sheet; it appears to me that they've changed some of the module names from what I'm used to on the E92. The only one that seems to have carried over in your sheet is ACSM. Most everything that I've messed with on E92 is under modules CAPPL, CAS, IHK, KOMBI, and NFRM.