F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Introduction and Progress Thread
proTUNING Freaks

09-27-2015, 05:26 AM   #1
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 430d Coupe

Introduction and Progress Thread

Hi guys,

I've been a follower of the forum for a little while now but I haven't really been in a position to get a BMW so didn't really bother signing up. I am however ready to get myself into something now so I thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.

I'm in love with the 4 Series Coupe and have been since I first saw one in person (as I guess many others were), and now the time has come where I'm able to get myself into one

Well I went down to my local dealer (Sytner Sutton Coldfield) yesterday and spoke to Adam there. Since I've been a follower of the forum I've pretty much had my spec ready, or so I thought. I was initially looking at a 430d M Sport with a few bits however I'll only be doing approximately 10,000 miles a year so Adam did mention that the 420i/428i would be a better option at that sort of mileage. To be honest I did have this in the back of my head as I've seen it mentioned a few times however I've sat in some half decent diesels and I quite liked them. What I haven't driven is a decent petrol so a test drive in both a 428i and 430d is now booked for next Saturday. I'm pretty certain the 428i will be more than adequate however I know there's a difference in power delivery so we shall see which of the two I take more of a liking towards.

I am also looking for another car for the misses. We were at an Audi dealership before we went to Sytner as she quite likes the new TT. Went out in a test drive and she loved it, although she did initially want an auto gearbox and the diesels only come in manual. The salesmen at the dealership we went to weren't the most helpful and to be honest after visiting Sytner and speaking to Adam we realised how the guys at Audi did just seem to want to get rid of a vehicle they had there without really being the too helpful and specific to our situation. She's taken a liking to the 3 Series GT now so there potentially two new cars being bought at the same time now, which is always exciting haha.

I have heard quite a lot about Riaz from Spire BMW in Watford and I did send him an email on Thursday however I haven't heard anything back as yet. I'm not sure whether it takes a little while for him to get back or whether the email may have gone into his junk folder? If anybody could put me in touch with him somehow that'd be appreciated.

I'll be updating this thread as time goes on and hopefully some time in the near future there'll be a lovely F32 sitting on the driveway

Regards, Asif.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:01 AM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Hi and welcome!

10k pa is probably worth getting petrol, but the 28i engine is almost obsolete now, but no idea when the 30i will be put on the 4 series.

If you pm me your email addrss i'll email Riaz and make sure it hasn't gone to his spam. He is very busy atm though.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:21 AM   #3
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Hi and welcome!

10k pa is probably worth getting petrol, but the 28i engine is almost obsolete now, but no idea when the 30i will be put on the 4 series.

If you pm me your email addrss i'll email Riaz and make sure it hasn't gone to his spam. He is very busy atm though.
Hi mate,

Yeah I did notice they've updated the 28i with the 30i in the 3 Series however I thought that since the LCI 4 Series won't be out until 2017 (maybe?) they wouldn't just swap engines around mid way through? Do you or anybody else know what the differences between the new 30i and the older 28i engines are? Any major changes or is it minor updates with regards to emissions laws?

Will send you a PM now mate, thank you.

Regards, Asif.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:24 AM   #4
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif03 View Post
Hi mate,

Yeah I did notice they've updated the 28i with the 30i in the 3 Series however I thought that since the LCI 4 Series won't be out until 2017 (maybe?) they wouldn't just swap engines around mid way through? Do you or anybody else know what the differences between the new 30i and the older 28i engines are? Any major changes or is it minor updates with regards to emissions laws?

Will send you a PM now mate, thank you.

Regards, Asif.
4 coupe LCI comes out next summer (MY17) it's the 4 GC LCI that comes out 2017 (MY18) but it seems strange that they'd sell the more expensive 4 series with the older engine for all that time!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #5
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
4 coupe LCI comes out next summer (MY17) it's the 4 GC LCI that comes out 2017 (MY18) but it seems strange that they'd sell the more expensive 4 series with the older engine for all that time!
That's definitely strange. Shame really as I'd love the LCI but waiting a year longer isn't something I'd like to do. I'll see how I feel after the test drives next week though. I may just prefer the way the diesel drives and go with that. Will definitely update this thread as and when anything new happens.

Thanks for sending Riaz a message for me also.

Regards, Asif.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:45 AM   #6
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Quote:
Hi and welcome!

+1 for Riaz.

He's looked after a number of us here. Would recommend you get in touch with him.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1175912

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 06:57 AM   #7
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post
+1 for Riaz.

He's looked after a number of us here. Would recommend you get in touch with him.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1175912

Hi Nick,

I sent him an email on the 24th I believe and did receive an autoresponder reply and so I guessed he was off for the religious holiday then. I'm not in any rush to be honest but it'd probably be nice to get some sort of figures back by next Saturday before I go for the test drive at my local dealer here.

I did in fact mention your name in the email as I'd seen a few of your posts mentioning him and how good the deals are so I'm most definitely looking forward to seeing what he can do for me. Especially since there'll most likely be two cars being purchased.

I'll update the thread when new info comes in. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 07:23 AM   #8
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

Good choices for the new one mate, will be following this to see what you think after the drives.
Before you do anything regarding the TT, if you fancy going down that route then give me a shout as I am right in the middle of rejecting a TT for numerous faults, hence being on here:-)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #9
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
Good choices for the new one mate, will be following this to see what you think after the drives.
Before you do anything regarding the TT, if you fancy going down that route then give me a shout as I am right in the middle of rejecting a TT for numerous faults, hence being on here:-)
Cheers Danny. To be honest she was put off the TT, initially due to the dealership but then after seeing the 3 Series GT she felt it'd be safer and just a bit better suited compared to the TT so I don't think we'll be visiting an Audi dealership again.

What issues was your TT having?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #10
Drisser
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d/Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
And if you do go for a Tt push for mega discount. They aren't selling. My local dealer we bought our A1 from said so, when I test drove the S3 and RS3 he admitted they had to pre register 3 TT's in August due to low sales.. Their price point has been too aggressive that is well known. I would be pushing for 15-20pc discount on a TT if I was afte one..
      09-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #11
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

asif03, if you do go down the BMW route and purchase from Sytner on finance please please double check the figures before signing. I learnt the hard way.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 01:25 PM   #12
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep

When entering the title to a thread, please desist from using capital letters anywhere but at the beginning of a sentence.

This is not babybmw.net and we have standards to maintain.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #13
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Nick,

I sent him an email on the 24th I believe and did receive an autoresponder reply and so I guessed he was off for the religious holiday then. I'm not in any rush to be honest but it'd probably be nice to get some sort of figures back by next Saturday before I go for the test drive at my local dealer here.

I did in fact mention your name in the email as I'd seen a few of your posts mentioning him and how good the deals are so I'm most definitely looking forward to seeing what he can do for me. Especially since there'll most likely be two cars being purchased.

That's why he didn't reply .. You mention Nicks name and he's probably gone into traumatic shock again !!! Poor sods had to deal with him in person !!!

09-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #14
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep

Quote:
Hi Nick,

If you've not heard from him by close of play Monday, send me a PM
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #15
AlfaM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M340d

Quote:
When entering the title to a thread, please desist from using capital letters anywhere but at the beginning of a sentence.

Titles should be written in title case.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:31 PM   #16
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drisser View Post
And if you do go for a Tt push for mega discount. They aren't selling. My local dealer we bought our A1 from said so, when I test drove the S3 and RS3 he admitted they had to pre register 3 TT's in August due to low sales.. Their price point has been too aggressive that is well known. I would be pushing for 15-20pc discount on a TT if I was afte one..
Oh wow! I didn't realise it was that bad. Probably why they tried to shift the one they had sitting in the showroom. What's crazy is one of the managers came down and said as it's coming up to the end of September they need to hit certain targets and so he'd be able to do a really good deal, which of course is understandable. Not sure if I'm allowed to post exact figures but it seemed rather high for a TT, and when I tried to get more of a dealer contribution he budged only £7 a month cheaper! After reading about some of the discounts on here and other forums I pretty much knew what they were trying.

Personally I'm just glad the other half prefers the 3 Series GT, being a diehard BMW fan Haha
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:33 PM   #17
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k44ENT View Post
asif03, if you do go down the BMW route and purchase from Sytner on finance please please double check the figures before signing. I learnt the hard way.
Thank you for the heads up. Would you mind saying what wasn't as agreed with yours?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #18
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Nick, as KennedyUK just said, I thought titles should be written in capitals? :P

Oh and Riaz actually sent me an email just after I sent teaston a PM so I'm guessing him contacting Riaz for me worked. Thank you both for your help. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what Riaz can do for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:41 PM   #19
k44ENT
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI DCT

Quote:
Thank you for the heads up. Would you mind saying what wasn't as agreed with yours?
All explained here....

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1164812

I'm not saying all Sytner dealers are like this but it went to the financial head of Sytner and he ruled it as fair, the dealer principal came good in the end but it was a long hard battle. We have since bought a new Mini from a different dealer as we weren't prepared to spend another penny with Sytner.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #20
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by k44ENT View Post
All explained here....

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1164812

I'm not saying all Sytner dealers are like this but it went to the financial head of Sytner and he ruled it as fair, the dealer principal came good in the end but it was a long hard battle. We have since bought a new Mini from a different dealer as we weren't prepared to spend another penny with Sytner.
Oh yes, I remember reading that thread a couple of weeks back. Cannot believe that was done! Will definitely make sure I check things over with whoever I go with. Definitely appreciate you bringing that to my attention.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #21
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

I love that your other half has gone from a TT to a 3 GT! Two very different types of car. Sounds like me, one minute I'm looking at Audi S1s then the next I'm thinking of 5 Tourings!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #22
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

Quote:
Cheers Danny. To be honest she was put off the TT, initially due to the dealership but then after seeing the 3 Series GT she felt it'd be safer and just a bit better suited compared to the TT so I don't think we'll be visiting an Audi dealership again.

What issues was your TT having?
There were a few, squeaky seat, rattling trim, seat back coming off and exposing the air bag, seat air bag failing, trim falling off, pretty much a friday car unfortunately.
The dealership refused my rejection under the SoGA but the finance company have got involved and the dealer have admitted the car has been faulty since delivery, so that means I have a case for rejection.

Just have to wait for the finance company to sort out the finances (no pun intended) then I can place an order
Appreciate 0