F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > [Eagle Eye headlights] CREE vs Philips LED headlight test
GetBMWParts

06-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #45
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakk View Post
Hi did any of you that fitted these get any random flashes of the led drl projector i think, now and then seems random ?
Thanks if any one can help me please?
You'll need to code out all cold and warm checks for anything LED, otherwise it'll flash every so often. This goes for any aftermarket LED or HID headlights or bulbs.
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2016, 04:40 AM   #46
jakk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F34 335

Thanks I may have sorted it but wanted to be 100% sure ?
Do you know the coding needed, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
You'll need to code out all cold and warm checks for anything LED, otherwise it'll flash every so often. This goes for any aftermarket LED or HID headlights or bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 01:19 PM   #47
asics
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh2laba View Post
I installed the eagle headlights with the jdm aster 7th generation and coded the cold /warm check for high and low beam , and below my comments:
-definitely the car looks 100 times better than halogen headlight.
- not totally satisfied about the led low beam lighting , yes cars in front of me can see 1000 suns coming out of my headlight , but its not illuminating the road as before , maybe because the led is directive .
-led high beam is not as expected , maybe 6th generation is better .
-low/high beam is shaking (not stable) after 2hrs of driving (maybe a decoder is required ) , i switched iff/on the light and its ok .
-DRL led chip ready installed in the head light is flickering , needs to be coded .

Maybe the 6th generation is better as the 7th generation comes with a ready fitted film (additional layer ) to give 6500 temp while 6th generation comes without this film.

Other than the headlights i replaced the osram h8 35w fog light with h8 philips diamond vision 35w but i noticed that when putting high beam the fog light is switched off till i release the high beam , so any idea is this a coding issue or because of bulbs ( noticed original osram bulbs are 2 different length ) so is there left and right ?
Hey sh2laba, did you ever sort out the shaking issue? I'm just about to grab 7th gen Cree lights for a lack of an option to get the 6th gen but this is the one thing keeping me from going for it...well that and the potential clearance issue. Did you notice a lack of space for either the high or low positions?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #48
sh2laba
Rep
Drives: 328i 2012

Hi
After the coding the shaking stopped , but it happens when you drive for more than 2hours then i have to switch off the light then turn it on to stop the shaking ( i can live with that )

The bulbs fits inside the head lights properly but make sure to adjust the light alignment/direction
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 12:00 AM   #49
asics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey sh2laba,
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 09:32 AM   #50
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Make sure both low and high beam are coded out. These headlights use the same bulb for both. I drive 4 hours straight every week to visit family, and I've never had flashing lights or shaking issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #51
asics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hey is anyone in the Portland, OR area able to easily code out the warm/cold checks on an f30? It looks like the "one-stop shop" that I went to (and otherwise did a completely kickass job) does not and it's driving me crazy D:

Other than that the install works perfectly.
There's potentially a bit of money/booze/my everlasting appreciation in it for you if can help me out here
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #52
asics
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
The rings don't flash, the inner projector does since it has a LED light inside as well. I had my guy code the DRL out as well, and they stopped blinking.
Hey RarScaryFrosty, do you happen remember how exactly he coded out the DRL? I really don't like the super weak inner lights and can do without them TBH.

If you have you exact coding list that would be even more of a help! To the best of my understanding this is what I need to do for my HID setup:
FEM Body > 3061 > AL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > AL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > AL_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > AL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > FL_L_KALTUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > FL_L_WARMUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > FL_R_KALTUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
FEM Body > 3061 > FL_R_WARMUEBERWACHUNG > Nicht_aktiv
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 02:38 PM   #53
Steven9194
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

So I bought some Anzo U Bar headlights which appear to be the same as Eagle Eye, are supposed to be a direct plug and play. They look amazing on the car but my only concern is that the outer project is supposed to be the low beam and the inner projector is supposed to be the high beam (LED). The outer projector is doing both and the inner projector doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I had them professionally installed, and the installer said there was only the one factory plug to use so he wasn't sure why they aren't working. Any ideas? Company said they would send more and I could return them but I'm wondering if I'll just run into the same issue with the new ones? The part number is 121504.
Appreciate 0