F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Going to Try Resonator Delete
Studio RSR

04-06-2015, 04:24 AM   #1
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i Sportline AW

Going to Try Resonator Delete

I have a 2013 F30 335i sportline with MPE and just a basic aFe oiled drop in filter. I've taken out my JB4 stage 2 after it fried my DME costing me 1.2 months of no vehicle anger beyond belief at those idiots at BMS who apparently even though have test F cars for their JB4 still have not done enough R&D into their product.

I'm done tuning period. What's the point in pushing a luxury sports compact to the limit when the M4 is already out? The more aftermarket crap you the more you have to part it out or it will depreciate your resale we all know this.

Lesson learned I shouldn't have skimped out and should have went M3! But by now I'd want the M4 haha.

Well back to the topic:

So I hear mixed mesages about Akrapovic Evolution exhausts versus the Meisterschaft GT Haus. I love the sound of both but I had how theres that obnoxious split in between the tailpipe on the Mesiterschaft!

Which would you F30 N55 owners go with if money was not an issue?

I'm going to straight pipe my rear resonator hopefully waken up my MPE a tad...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Buckeyes
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

You should Email and see what Terry at BMS recommends on the exhaust.

Last edited by Buckeyes; 04-06-2015 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #3
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: M2C

He he, that was a good one!!

Do you like drone?!?

I went with Akra, and Will do so Again. Maybe consider Capristo AS well.

Last edited by Krelle; 04-06-2015 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trcb777 View Post
You should Email and see what Terry at BMS recommends on the exhaust.
Hmm maybe that's why so many people dislike BMW drivers....maybe because of remarkably smart ass people such as yourself are somehow allowed to procreate on God's wonderful planet.

It was a simple question I don't see why you would need to bring up a past incident that was for a fact caused by BMS's product.

Since then Terry has stepped in and helped ease my burden a bit. If it was your vehicle with only at 18k miles with my issues that happened due to the JB4 short circuiting the DME I would not be so quick to blurt out such a moronic remark.

I thought BMW or any automotive forums are basically where people help each other out or give advice/instructions/how tos not place where your comment does no one any good Terry or myself.

Ever hear that saying "if you don't have anything good to say don't say it at all?" All I said about BMS was my own personal experience with his product and after 3 BMW dealership visits having to be towed to each one separately and also visiting two aftermarket BMW tuner shops including one that carries the JB4 they all said the same thing:

my wiring was done perfectly they did not see any fraying or stripped wires....it must have been something more towards the DME that caused the short whether it be a fluke 1 in a million chance or a bad connection who knows? But when a BMW dealer gives you a loaner to drive for an entire month while they troubleshoot that says a lot about the damage or the cause of the damage don't you think?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 03:55 PM   #5
preppy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx - Ionic Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchen86 View Post
Hmm maybe that's why so many people dislike BMW drivers....maybe because of remarkably smart ass people such as yourself are somehow allowed to procreate on God's wonderful planet.

It was a simple question I don't see why you would need to bring up a past incident that was for a fact caused by BMS's product.
What? Dude was just being cheeky and facetious.

Besides...you brought up the BMS stuff your original post, OP. You're the one who went off on a tangent and ranted on something that had nothing to do with your thread title. Hell, I'm waiting for you to spout off on me now for this response.
      04-06-2015, 06:10 PM   #6
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

Quote:
I have a 2013 F30 335i sportline with MPE and just a basic aFe oiled drop in filter. I've taken out my JB4 stage 2 after it fried my DME costing me 1.2 months of no vehicle anger beyond belief at those idiots at BMS who apparently even though have test F cars for their JB4 still have not done enough R&D into their product.

I'm done tuning period. What's the point in pushing a luxury sports compact to the limit when the M4 is already out? The more aftermarket crap you the more you have to part it out or it will depreciate your resale we all know this.

Lesson learned I shouldn't have skimped out and should have went M3! But by now I'd want the M4 haha.

Well back to the topic:

So I hear mixed mesages about Akrapovic Evolution exhausts versus the Meisterschaft GT Haus. I love the sound of both but I had how theres that obnoxious split in between the tailpipe on the Mesiterschaft!

Which would you F30 N55 owners go with if money was not an issue?

I'm going to straight pipe my rear resonator hopefully waken up my MPE a tad...
Pay to play, quit your bitching about BMS, you knew full well that putting an aftermarket chip or tune on your car that things could have gone wrong.
Owning a fast car, stock or otherwise there is no guarantee. You shouldn't badmouth BMS unless they made no efforts to help you.
You're the perfect candidate for Dinan or MPPK.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #7
TPA335
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport 6MT

I'd like to know how your resonator delete goes. I'm contemplating this myself but don't know how this will affect warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

OP, I don't think you have any business modifying a car. Please leave it stock.
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2015, 06:34 PM   #9
BimmerF32_430i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

I did a res delete on my stock exhaust and love the sound. It burbles on downshifts and just sounds amazing. Best $80 I spent.

I've heard res delete with MPE sounds even better so I would personally try it out before shelling out thousands for one of those exhaust systems
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #10
romanonj
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudhrysn View Post
I did a res delete on my stock exhaust and love the sound. It burbles on downshifts and just sounds amazing. Best $80 I spent.

I've heard res delete with MPE sounds even better so I would personally try it out before shelling out thousands for one of those exhaust systems
Absolutely worth it. I did mine and it sounds great. Quite when cruising and screams when in sport mode. No drone with res delete, unlike muffler deletes.
2011 e92 335is 2007 X3 122k miles 2006 e90 330i 132k miles
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2015, 10:12 PM   #11
Buckeyes
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Quote:

Since then Terry has stepped in and helped ease my burden a bit. If it was your vehicle with only at 18k miles with my issues that happened due to the JB4 short circuiting the DME I would not be so quick to blurt out such a moronic remark.

I thought BMW or any automotive forums are basically where people help each other out or give advice/instructions/how tos not place where your comment does no one any good Terry or myself.

Ever hear that saying "if you don't have anything good to say don't say it at all?" All I said about BMS was my own personal experience with his product and after 3 BMW dealership visits having to be towed to each one separately and also visiting two aftermarket BMW tuner shops including one that carries the JB4 they all said the same thing:

my wiring was done perfectly they did not see any fraying or stripped wires....it must have been something more towards the DME that caused the short whether it be a fluke 1 in a million chance or a bad connection who knows? But when a BMW dealer gives you a loaner to drive for an entire month while they troubleshoot that says a lot about the damage or the cause of the damage don't you think?
Haha. Sensitive
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 03:19 AM   #12
alexchen86
Too Many Hobbies!
United_States
Rep

If half of you are so quick to jump on the BMS team be my guest. I'm sure Terry is an excellent tuner seeing how many units he has pushed out without problems. Yes I pay to play and I did didn't i? I was alerting other enthusiasts that happen to have a 2013 F30 N55 to be wary because even 2 SA's mentioned the jb4 as the culprit affecting the 335i and 535i.

Can you people just take heed from someone else's suffering so that you guys or newer members like myself know what potential dangers and prices will cost to repair certain items by running a tune?

Truth of the matter is yes his product damaged my DME. Many people don't believe me...do you want me to scan the bill from Advantage BMW? Or the loaner from Woodlands BMW I had for a month because they were trying their best to not replace the DME.

This is not my first vehicle I've modded. In fact this is the only vehicle I've had with just a couple of mods...jeez I try to warn people of what may happen and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy.

Shows how arrogant and heartless some of you are. Who are you to say I have no business modifying whatever I own? It's ny car my money my life my enjoyment, but I do feel the public responsibility to alert others of what occurred to my vehicle.

And all I did was ask a basic resonator question...you guys sure know how to welcome new comers. I would never treat another BMW driver the way you assholes just mouth off behind your computer...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 07:33 AM   #13
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
Absolutely worth it. I did mine and it sounds great. Quite when cruising and screams when in sport mode. No drone with res delete, unlike muffler deletes.
Even in EcoPro mode on low revs?
Good to know, I've got the MPE #340 and thinking about removing resonator...
      04-07-2015, 09:01 AM   #14
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

LOL this guy, this is like the 3rd of 4th thread of him complaining about the same problem.... Apparently he EFFED up his own DME by touching the battery rail with the USB and didn't reground the car as stated in the install instructions. He also tried to lie to the dealership about the JB4 install lol. What a joker why do people still pay attention to him.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #15
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
And all I did was ask a basic resonator question...you guys sure know how to welcome new comers.
While dropping in mention about your "anger beyond belief at those idiots at BMS who apparently even though have test F cars for their JB4 still have not done enough R&D into their product" and how the JB4 fried your DME?

It is literally impossible for a piggyback tune to "fry" a DME given they do not have their own independent power source. It's like saying a cat-back exhaust caused your windows to malfunction.

You either completely botched the install or the DME was going to need replacement due to malfunction regardless of mods. These are BMWs, not Hondas. Bone stock ones break down and get lemoned left and right. It's just that yours was modded so it was a scapegoat.

Now back away from your car...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #16
RJCrew
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M4 ZCP SO/SO

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #17
preppy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i3 REx - Ionic Silver

...heh, this thread has one star...
      04-08-2015, 08:30 AM   #18
romanonj
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
Even in EcoPro mode on low revs?
Good to know, I've got the MPE #340 and thinking about removing resonator...
Ignoring all the noise.. In sport mode when accelerating aggressively there is a tad of low frequency rubmle, but only if you are gunning it and it is only in low RPM (1500-2200)
2011 e92 335is 2007 X3 122k miles 2006 e90 330i 132k miles
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #19
Xanderdbs
Private
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3

This is better comedy than going on 4chan LMAOOOOO
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2015, 07:24 PM   #20
obriennathaniel
@obriennathaniel_f30 on Instagram
United_States
Rep
Drives: 582whp/596wtq '13 335i

I have the CG precision catless downpipe and VS-1 catback exhaust and it sounds wicked! Everybody whos heard it has fallen in love with it. Im not too far from you in Baytown if you ever want to hear it.

Sidenote: I accidentally fried my DME too....because I didn't undo the battery, but I removed everything before I took it to an undisclosed BMW dealership near you and they warrantied it for me. Rigging a new ground to the TMAP will "fix" the issue but I wanted to give it a shot to try and get a new DME.

CG Precision VS-1 Exhaust\DR-1 DownPipe | PS2 Turbo\Inlet | PDU PI w/Fuel-it platinum kit & E sensor | GFB DV+ Diverter Valve | BM3 w/AIC2-V|Tune CaryTheLabelGuy | Full E85 | ATM FMIC | ER Chargepipe Inlet/Outlet | AFE Intake | BC Coilovers | PSS 255/40-275/35 Velos Designwerks S3 two piece 19x9/19x10 | Osram Xenarc | LED retro | AWRON digital AC gauge|
Appreciate 0