F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Svc Dept Damage
GetBMWParts

01-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #45
DitDah
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 153Z 335xi

17jan18
• Advised that the wheel is replaced
• Advised that the damaged paint on the car (hood) to be sanded down…resprayed and cleared.
• Advised only the hood will be done…NOT the driver side A pillar or roof. Svc Rep says Svc Manager isn’t agreeing to fix other than the hood because it was never highlighted previously.
o I have stopped work until I can have a word with the Svc Manager as to why they won’t accept responsibility for damage that occurred while under their care.

23jan18
• Paint chip on the A pillar and roof line was not noticed until the car was returned on 16dec17. Much like all the damage corrected thus far…damage wasn’t noticed until the car was returned on EACH visit. The Svc Managers logic is hollow.
o I firmly believe this damage occurred while under the care of BMW...much like some of the chip damage to the front bumper. I have waved trying to push this any further in the interest of just getting it done.
• Svc Rep requested to proceed with the currently scheduled repair to the paint on the hood.
• I have requested a date on when the work is expected to be done.
o Further, I have requested an answer to the question of “ceramic clear”...and if my car was finished in this or not.

Comment:
• BMW refuses to accept full responsibility for all the damage that occurred under their care.
o I would think that everything possible should and would be done to attempt to repair their heavily damaged reputation and complete loss of confidence...instead of only providing the bare minimum of what is owed.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2018, 11:05 PM   #46
DitDah
Private
United_States
Rep

Got a text that the hood is done...that was quick. Is it possible to sand down, re spray and clear a hood in one day?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 12:21 AM   #47
bacardi198
Yolo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i EBII

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitDah View Post
Got a text that the hood is done...that was quick. Is it possible to sand down, re spray and clear a hood in one day?
Definitely possible, that's for sure -- let's just hope they did it with care and not meaninglessly just to "get it done" for the customer.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 01:41 PM   #48
DitDah
Private
United_States
Rep

Got the car back. Can't tell how good or bad it is yet...nothing but rain here. I'll try to wash it in the next few days...but I hope for no further issues. The new rim is "bright"...guess the original ones have developed a "patina" over the past 3 years...they aren't as bright.

So...the mileage markup...shows the car has aged by 8 miles on this visit. So, I look up the place they sent it to...1.7 miles from BMWNW to Paramount Centre. Round trip ...my math shows 3.4... I know it might be nitpicky...but this sort of thing really bothers me. WHY? I imagine a Ferris Buller kinda thing going on. hahaha... What do you all think? Same thing on the original turn in of the vehicle...it had over 30 miles put on it...and I mentioned it...but they just replaced the rear diff . I still call BS...but they don't seem to give a shit when I mention it.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #49
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitDah View Post
So...the mileage markup...shows the car has aged by 8 miles on this visit. So, I look up the place they sent it to...1.7 miles from BMWNW to Paramount Centre. Round trip ...my math shows 3.4... I know it might be nitpicky...but this sort of thing really bothers me. WHY? I imagine a Ferris Buller kinda thing going on. hahaha... What do you all think? Same thing on the original turn in of the vehicle...it had over 30 miles put on it...and I mentioned it...but they just replaced the rear diff . I still call BS...but they don't seem to give a shit when I mention it.
Forget it, move on, and never return to that dealer.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0