F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > New member, new 340i
Studio RSR

02-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #1
michedlp
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i XDrive (on order!)

New member, new 340i

So, grew-up in a VW/Audi household, back when the 3 series was the middle-management go-to car, the Audi was, well, not, and the Mondeo was king...

But, i was in the market for a new car, sat in a bunch at the auto show, and was struck by the 3 series, it was what i was looking for!

Tested the Audi, if i was a 60-year old man, nice car. After finding out only the 340 comes in manual(manual gearbox comes before make/model - A4 drops MT for the 2017MY), tested it, and well, yeah, here i am

Placed an order on Monday for 340i Xdrive, 6MT, melbourne red with black leather/oyster trim w/silver trim...

Waiting on my sodding dealer to give me an update, he told me delivery in late april/early may while the quote says March 20th...

Anyways, semi-joined the club, can't wait for the bugger to arrive so i can really be a part of it!
Appreciate 3
      02-04-2016, 11:51 PM   #2
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

save the manuals
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

funny how manual transmission is rare over there and common over here

I ordered an automatic transmission for the first time in my life now I'll use the flippers on the steering wheel when I want to shift myself I suppose, curious to see what it's like. I never really disliked manual shifting, it's just that I'm in traffic jams a lot so it's less work really and more relaxing that I won't have to shift, especially annoying if you cannot get any speed going, going back & forth constantly

Congratz on the order, sounds like a good combo!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
michedlp
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i XDrive (on order!)

It's getting annoying to tell the truth, i grew up and learned to drive in England, so started out with manual like everyone else, and i love it.

Since moving to Canada, everytime i have to look for a car it's getting harder and harder to find models that i want with a damn manual gearbox. Especially at the luxury level...

Audi dropped it entirely from the A4
BMW only the 340
Mercedes only the SLK (and i'm not a girl!)

Not interested in Japanese cars, so never looked at the infiniti/lexus/acuras though, but i think they're probably the same..

My salesman said it's only 3% of their business... It's becoming a good anti-theft device though
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 03:32 AM   #5
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by michedlp View Post
My salesman said it's only 3% of their business... It's becoming a good anti-theft device though
Lol! Guess that's an upside!

Just like apocalysebe I do not understand why you get so little MT it's so much fun in the 28i can't imagine what it's like in the 40! I'm eager to test that auto-rev matching feature sounds cool

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the MT club! I really like the MT in the F3x right now you're gonna have a blast OP!

P.S.: Prepare for the modding bug while you still have time, it may hit hard
Appreciate 0