F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Maybach Fahrzeuge Museum...
TAG Motorsports
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
jayb289
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: horse and carriage
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: london

Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I have spoken to people who worked on Maybach in marketing and are kind of disappointed that the car has now become a patische instead of being taken seriously against Rolls-Royce and Bentley. The car had the potential to be a new approach to modern luxury but did not take the brand to its potential.
One Phantom customer told me that when he required about purchasing a Maybach he was told which entertainment customers had one. To which he came and bought a Phantom instead. Because aristocratic Europeans are not familiar and some even wholly despise that whole image.

RR has that image that appeals there is a legacy to RR and when the covers come off the new RR Wraith at Geneva in just over a weeks time the Maybachs failure will be complete because they done nothing , no investment whilst RR brought the Ghost to the market aswell as the additional Phantom models.
Maybachs crowning achievement was endorsements by pillars of society such as Bernie Madoff who had four Maybachs to ass clowns like Chris Brown and Kanye West.
Not to say RR does not have their fair share of popular unlikeable customers.

Although I did once see a Dubai registered Landaulet outside a hotel in Monte Carlo with a sumptuous black leather interior with contrast piping ..... After the seagulls visited. Which is a reminder of that old lightbulb joke.
To wipe seagull shit it took four people.

So now Mercedes are leveraging on the S-Klasse brand to rejuvenate the Maybach in that segment , which industry rumours point out that the upcoming S-Klasse is effectively the abandoned "small" Maybach the Maybach 53.

But at around the same time the super S-Klasse is revealed, 2016.
Rolls-Royce will roll out the next Phantom which is a sleeker , more raked back but just as large as today's model with ultra modern looks and an all new V16 engine to position the Phantom above the Ghost.
The design is not simply a larger Ghost.
Along with the standard Coupe , Drop-Head and EWB there will also be a V16 powered intimate 2 seater Roadster.
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>


your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
jayb289 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
silentassasin
You wont see me coming....
 
silentassasin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 535 M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,302
iTrader: (0)

Thank you for sharing. For sone reason half the photos didn't load but the ones that did are nice
__________________


White on Black F10 M Sport
silentassasin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #25
Rolitto
Second Lieutenant
 
Rolitto's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Beirut and Canada

Posts: 255
iTrader: (0)

If there's an ugly car, it's the Maybach.
Rolitto is offline   Lebanon
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #26
makdeniss
Lord Vader
 
makdeniss's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW X6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Estonia

Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb289 View Post
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>


your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
nice music... about nothing.
__________________
My ugly illusions are such a beauty!
makdeniss is offline   Estonia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 02:40 AM   #27
Desert_Fox
Drop-Top Turbo
 
Desert_Fox's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is E93
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 378
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Desert_Fox Send a message via Skype™ to Desert_Fox
That's interesting to see the 62S landaulet, I suppose they couldn't sell all of them so they just gave one to the museum!
__________________
Current 2013 BMW 335is E93 [Mineral White] [Coral Red] DCT, Premium Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Nav, Heated Seats, HK, BMW Apps
Retired 2007 BMW 335i E93 [Sparking Graphite][Coral Red] Steptronic, Premium Pkg, Sport Pkg, Navigation, Active Steering, Logic 7, Comfort Access, CF Trim
Desert_Fox is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #28
Dante
Major
 
Dante's Avatar
 
Drives: F31 330d / E89 Z4 30i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bavaria

Posts: 1,436
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for the pics!

I know the museum well, as its only about 10kms away from where I live.
You can also rent it for events. I know, because my dad celebrated his 70th birthday there!

An interesting fact: This is not an official Maybach Museum.
The owner is an enthusiast and collector and built it all by himself.
When he told Mercedes-Benz about his plans and asked for help, they turned him down.
When Mercedes-Benz had visited it after it was opened, they were blown away by the quality and effort and donated some exhibits.
Dante is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 08:04 AM   #29
EmMHoLLa
Private
 
Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb289 View Post
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>


your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
+1
EmMHoLLa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 11:03 AM   #30
Frosty
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frosty's Avatar
 
Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 1,907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb289 View Post
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.
>>>


your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
+ a leviathan 1

I was a bit surprised to read this type of commentary buy SCOTT whom I respect.
__________________
.................................................. ....................
335i Coupe (6MT) (2007: 9/06 build, pre ordered, only owner): Space Grey / Black Leatherette / Grey Poplar trim / ZCW / ZSP / BMW assist w/ bluetooth / power rear shade / navi with iDrive / comfort access keyless entry /+homelink mirror/ 154,885+miles (Nov-12-2013)
.................................................. ......................
Frosty is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #31
Matski
Lieutenant
 
Matski's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 328i Sport E46 320d Tourer
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England

Posts: 576
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
... and an all new V16 engine to position the Phantom above the Ghost ....
V16

Freakin' Sweet.
__________________
3/15 to i8, and everything in between (yep, even including the F26 and F45)
Matski is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #32
Matski
Lieutenant
 
Matski's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 328i Sport E46 320d Tourer
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England

Posts: 576
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb289 View Post
not buying it, every rapper from kanye to rick ross hypes about the rr so if this customer your referring to didnt buy the maybach for that reason then he certainly wouldnt buy the rr.

your posts stinks of elitism and your clearly out of touch. i have seen the rolls royce dealership in berkley square deliver pink rr to customers, matter of fact take a trip to london and you will see all sorts of rr creations running around. what does european aristocrats have to do with anything? their days are numbered, if your as clued up on bmw and rr as you claim then you will know which set of people are now the main target market for these type of cars.
I think you're missing the point SCOTT was trying to make. No manufacturer can really control who is seen driving their cars... but for a sales person representing a brand such as Maybach, to mis-judge a client by way of endorsing the brands quality using an inappropriate example, is piss poor salesmanship, frankly.

.. also, if Rolls-Royce can't be elitist... who can?
__________________
3/15 to i8, and everything in between (yep, even including the F26 and F45)
Matski is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #33
EmMHoLLa
Private
 
Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski

I think you're missing the point SCOTT was trying to make. No manufacturer can really control who is seen driving their cars... but for a sales person representing a brand such as Maybach, to mis-judge a client by way of endorsing the brands quality using an inappropriate example, is piss poor salesmanship, frankly.

.. also, if Rolls-Royce can't be elitist... who can?
That's fair... But is that not a reflection of the particular sales person. Not of the Brand itself or the Parent Company Mercedes Benz.

At the end of the day Companies are in business to make money. The way the world works there is a lot of new money out there and it isn't made by just entertainers. The beauty of the world today is just about anybody can make it. Especially in America. It tells me a lot about a person if their buying decision is based on who else bought the particular item..
EmMHoLLa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
Dackelone
Moderator
 
Dackelone's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i Silber mit/Rot 6MT N54
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

Posts: 15,798
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Fox View Post
That's interesting to see the 62S landaulet, I suppose they couldn't sell all of them so they just gave one to the museum!
That white S62 was owned by MB. just look at the personalized tags. lol
Dackelone is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #35
Matski
Lieutenant
 
Matski's Avatar
 
Drives: E36 328i Sport E46 320d Tourer
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: England

Posts: 576
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa View Post
That's fair... But is that not a reflection of the particular sales person. Not of the Brand itself or the Parent Company Mercedes Benz.
Absolutely, but at this level there's not really an excuse. People would naturally expect more from a tiny dealer network with hand-picked professional sales people, than they do if they go and buy a Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMHoLLa View Post
At the end of the day Companies are in business to make money. The way the world works there is a lot of new money out there and it isn't made by just entertainers. The beauty of the world today is just about anybody can make it. Especially in America. It tells me a lot about a person if their buying decision is based on who else bought the particular item..
I agree, but if I were in the market for a Rolls-Royce, and the chap at the dealer said "Yes sir, Kanye has one just like it..." I would think he (the sales person) was a massive pillock, and that would bother me more than whether or not Kanye actually did have one just like it... because I don't care about that, yet the sales chap has made the assumption that I would. In my case I would still buy the car, because I would still very much like a Royce, however it would have tarnished the experience somewhat, and like I say, at this level, that's not really acceptable - even though it really is a minor point.
__________________
3/15 to i8, and everything in between (yep, even including the F26 and F45)
Matski is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #36
PyratOne
Lieutenant
 
PyratOne's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MA

Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
to ass clowns like Chris Brown and Kanye West..
Is that BMW's official position? Lol. Needless to say I agree with that statement.
Ha!!! I love it

I think Scott26 had a few biers prior to post. Great stuff
__________________
“Balancing this thing on the steering and throttle is pretty much the crack cocaine of the car world.”

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
PyratOne is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 11:19 PM   #37
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
 
CPWINCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i m-sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,476
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
It doesn't take much these days.

It's old money that shows the test of time. Anybody can rent a car and use it in a music video. To bad the young ones now are mostly superficial.

Values have gone out the window with the newer generation.
birdman is worth 130 million... owns a maybach and a buggati veyron. Doesnt rent them. New money is much more respectable than old money IMO
__________________
Follow my BMW instagram @BmodificationW!! Let me know you are from bimmerpost and i'll follow back
CPWINCH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
EmMHoLLa
Private
 
Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matski

Absolutely, but at this level there's not really an excuse. People would naturally expect more from a tiny dealer network with hand-picked professional sales people, than they do if they go and buy a Ford.



I agree, but if I were in the market for a Rolls-Royce, and the chap at the dealer said "Yes sir, Kanye has one just like it..." I would think he (the sales person) was a massive pillock, and that would bother me more than whether or not Kanye actually did have one just like it... because I don't care about that, yet the sales chap has made the assumption that I would. In my case I would still buy the car, because I would still very much like a Royce, however it would have tarnished the experience somewhat, and like I say, at this level, that's not really acceptable - even though it really is a minor point.
I am with you. There is a certain level of professionalism to be expected making such a purchase. I totally agree.
EmMHoLLa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #39
EmMHoLLa
Private
 
Drives: BMW 650i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH

birdman is worth 130 million... owns a maybach and a buggati veyron. Doesnt rent them. New money is much more respectable than old money IMO
It's almost as if the 1% does not want to let any new members join their club. It's ridiculous... Claiming people who enjoy the same toys that you enjoy are superficial. Unbelievable..
EmMHoLLa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #40
Ash83
Major
 
Ash83's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' 135i (sold)/14' Audi RS5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,168
iTrader: (1)

WOW
__________________
Alpine White, Coral RED , Glacier Silver Aluminum trim, M sport, 6MT, NAV, HiFi, USB-iPod, Bluetooth

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Ash83 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:04 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST