F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Its here.....EBII 330d M Sport!
GetBMWParts

11-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #45
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

That extract lists Immingham port which I thought was the BMW shipping port, not Southampton. Immingham is only 40 miles from Thorne, so makes sense. Maybe they ship 'Southern cars' to Southampton now, direct to dealer groups?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #46
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
That extract lists Immingham port which I thought was the BMW shipping port, not Southampton. Immingham is only 40 miles from Thorne, so makes sense. Maybe they ship 'Southern cars' to Southampton now, direct to dealer groups?
Yep they do as of Jan 2012
      11-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #47
matx1982
M Performance
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 + F90 M5 + G80 M3

Garage List
2021 X5  [0.00]
2021 M5 Competition  [9.17]
2022 M4 CSL  [10.00]
2022 M3 Xdrive Comp ...  [10.00]
I know for a fact my 335d came into Immingham about 3yrs ago as it had it on a sticker in the window prior to the dealer touching it. At that time I thought it strange as the word was Soton was the UK dock for BMW imports.

So who knows, but I still think logically, you either have a prep center or you don't... that place would have cost millions and millions, not to mention all the staff... so if you don't need it for southern cars, why do you need it for northern ones.

Mat

Instagram - @matfireworks
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #48
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
From my dealers mouth: BMW UK ask for the money for the car "when it lands in the UK"
I am confused by this but I am getting old
So am I to believe Listers keep the total moneys in their accounts till delivery to the UK is confirmed?.
Sounds like a f***ing nightmare I feel for you guys.

Last time I checked we were not living in the dark ages and tracking a car isn't rocket science!! Talk about the blind leading the blind..do they have a book filled with lame excuses or what...

You spend over £45K on a car and as a customer you have to do all the chasing and especially in this current economical climate its beyond belief.

As soon as you've paid the deposit its like adios muchachos.. see ya wouldn't wanna be ya....!! What's this world coming to..

Its time they sorted out an official customer portal tracking system similar to the US one for the UK, or at the least issue an automated weekly update to a customer nominated email account with progress and location of your Vehicle/VIN, that is in no way a big feat.

RANT OVER..

Its fair to assume the franchise dealerships don't fully pay for the vehicles until they are physically here in the UK, I suppose from the dealers point of view it makes more financial sense.

Things have gone quiet this end also, I will be making a phone call Monday morning just to make sure my BW/car hasn't fallen off the planet for some lame reason and when it does arrive I will be meticulously checking the paint work...

Hang in there buddy.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108

Last edited by F30FAN; 11-10-2012 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #49
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

I'll be on the phone tomorrow too
      11-11-2012, 02:13 PM   #50
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
Sounds like a f***ing nightmare I feel for you guys.

Last time I checked we were not living in the dark ages and tracking a car isn't rocket science!! Talk about the blind leading the blind..do they have a book filled with lame excuses or what...

You spend over £45K on a car and as a customer you have to do all the chasing and especially in this current economical climate its beyond belief.

As soon as you've paid the deposit its like adios muchachos.. see ya wouldn't wanna be ya....!! What's this world coming to..

Its time they sorted out an official customer portal tracking system similar to the US one for the UK, or at the least issue an automated weekly update to a customer nominated email account with progress and location of your Vehicle/VIN, that is in no way a big feat.

RANT OVER..
Whilst I agree it could be improved, I can also appreciate the logistical nightmare that is moving hundreds of cars to hundreds of dealers every day.

I could only imagine the outrage on the following feedback of status:

*Car in BMW distribution center UK (Thorne or whatever), waiting for transport to local dealer, estimated time sitting here waiting....2 weeks because it is uneconomically viable to send a 10 car wagon with 2 cars on it*

I have got to say, my dealer has been as good as the system will allow at keeping me updated, but understand that some dealers are rubbish.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

BW44 awaiting shipping from Germania.
Still loving the GTI so no rush ....... yet.
      11-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #52
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
BW44 awaiting shipping from Germania.
Crikey. Mine was BW43 and was supposed to arrive at the dealer today. I emailed the lease company first thing this morning and at close of play but have had no response other than "we'll ask the dealer" I do hope mine's not still in Germany or someone's gonna die. My MPS has been SORNed since the end of August so I'm sharing the wife's Mazda 5 and it's crap. What's even worse is that the MPS has now been repaired and is sitting on my driving mocking me.
      11-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #53
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Crikey. Mine was BW43 and was supposed to arrive at the dealer today. I emailed the lease company first thing this morning and at close of play but have had no response other than "we'll ask the dealer" I do hope mine's not still in Germany or someone's gonna die. My MPS has been SORNed since the end of August so I'm sharing the wife's Mazda 5 and it's crap. What's even worse is that the MPS has now been repaired and is sitting on my driving mocking me.
Think how fast your 330d will feel when you finally get it.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #54
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Yours is probably on the boat, a very, very slow boat and could be here by Friday, I hope to gord. Don't want you to be in HM Prison for murrrrderrr (Scottish!) before sitting in your Superman.

.... that did not sound too good ....
      11-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #55
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I'm kinda hoping mine's being PDId by some Kosovans as we speak I worked in the motor trade for nearly 6 years and remember PDI taking only a couple of hours. Add to that a good valet and prep and it's half a day's work. Tops. And also, I've nagged and nagged at the lease company and every time they have said my car is still on time and due in at the dealer today
      11-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #56
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Whilst I agree it could be improved, I can also appreciate the logistical nightmare that is moving hundreds of cars to hundreds of dealers every day.

I could only imagine the outrage on the following feedback of status:

*Car in BMW distribution center UK (Thorne or whatever), waiting for transport to local dealer, estimated time sitting here waiting....2 weeks because it is uneconomically viable to send a 10 car wagon with 2 cars on it*

I have got to say, my dealer has been as good as the system will allow at keeping me updated, but understand that some dealers are rubbish.
Now this is what I call a tracking system..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680467

Spoke to the dealer today Build Week 47 still good, 2 weeks in Production...arrival in the UK around week 50...fingers crossed!!

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #57
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
Now this is what I call a tracking system..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680467

Spoke to the dealer today Build Week 47 still good, 2 weeks in Production...arrival in the UK around week 50...fingers crossed!!
Wouldn't work for whinging poms
Appreciate 0