F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > DC Metro Area - Dealer
ARMA SPEED

06-06-2016, 08:48 AM   #23
CanadianGatorBacon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i (holy crap!)

It's out of the way, but I go to Annapolis on the weekends. It's where I bought my car and my wife's car and may CA often comes out to see if everything is good when we are in for service. I like that they are a smaller service department. They seem to pay closer attention to the details.

I went to Fairfax to get winter tires mounted on new wheels, balanced, and put on the car last winter. First trip the wheels were improperly balanced and the tires improperly inflated, and they broke a clip on the seat back trim loading the summer tires into the car buy pushing the seat too far back. I had to go back anyway because I forgot to bring the TPMS. Next trip, they replaced the seat back trim, installed the TPMS, aligned the wheels, and said they didn't need to balance the wheels again even though they installed the TPMS. I didn't have time to argue, so I called later and told them I was having issues with the balancing (which I was). Third trip, they acknowledged that the wheels were out of balance and balanced them right, but still improperly inflated the tires. Improper inflation may seem like a minor issues, but repeated offenses show the lack of care and attention.

Not to mention, I went with a random SA the first time, and the second time I tried yo make an appointment with her first thing in the morning, but she said just show up. I was there super early and the line formed behind me. When the place opened there was a rush of SAa all over and one of them just came up to talk to me. I didn't see the SA I had dealt with before but I figured it was not big deal, I had her contact info and I could reach out to her then next time I needed to come in. As I mentioned above the next time was not long after, and when I contacted her she pawned me off on the guy I had dealt with on my second trip. That was a little annoying, but not enough to drive me away, there could have been reasons for the one time indiscretion. Then I contacted her a few weeks later for a 1,200 mi oil change, and again when I got there I had been pawned off on the other SA. That was my last trip to Fairfax.
      07-11-2016, 02:20 PM   #24
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianGatorBacon View Post
It's out of the way, but I go to Annapolis on the weekends. It's where I bought my car and my wife's car and may CA often comes out to see if everything is good when we are in for service. I like that they are a smaller service department. They seem to pay closer attention to the details.

I went to Fairfax to get winter tires mounted on new wheels, balanced, and put on the car last winter. First trip the wheels were improperly balanced and the tires improperly inflated, and they broke a clip on the seat back trim loading the summer tires into the car buy pushing the seat too far back. I had to go back anyway because I forgot to bring the TPMS. Next trip, they replaced the seat back trim, installed the TPMS, aligned the wheels, and said they didn't need to balance the wheels again even though they installed the TPMS. I didn't have time to argue, so I called later and told them I was having issues with the balancing (which I was). Third trip, they acknowledged that the wheels were out of balance and balanced them right, but still improperly inflated the tires. Improper inflation may seem like a minor issues, but repeated offenses show the lack of care and attention.

Not to mention, I went with a random SA the first time, and the second time I tried yo make an appointment with her first thing in the morning, but she said just show up. I was there super early and the line formed behind me. When the place opened there was a rush of SAa all over and one of them just came up to talk to me. I didn't see the SA I had dealt with before but I figured it was not big deal, I had her contact info and I could reach out to her then next time I needed to come in. As I mentioned above the next time was not long after, and when I contacted her she pawned me off on the guy I had dealt with on my second trip. That was a little annoying, but not enough to drive me away, there could have been reasons for the one time indiscretion. Then I contacted her a few weeks later for a 1,200 mi oil change, and again when I got there I had been pawned off on the other SA. That was my last trip to Fairfax.
Wow! Sorry to hear about your mishap! Please let me know next time and I would love to make sure that you're taken care of!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #25
BlueCrabMafia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sport Line

BMW of Annapolis. Never had a problem dealing with them in any form.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 03:52 AM   #26
JP1906
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 328i and '12 640i

I can vouch for BMW of Annapolis too. Ask for Tommy Tate. They are a smaller dealership but take care of their customers however, it's a little far for me now to take it to them

Now I go to Passport BMW in MD. Ask for Pentelus. They have a VIP service.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 07:15 PM   #27
Broadsword
Sustinendum Victoriam
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 335i

Just had my F30 serviced at BMW of Annapolis today. Very impressed with their customer service.
Appreciate 1
RMNB365.00
      09-14-2016, 08:17 AM   #28
helocast63
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sportline

Stop bashing Alexandria

I believe there are poor-to-bad service advisors in every dealership. we all get "the experience" at some point.

I am in the middle of a very professional experience at Alexandria BMW. My 2012 is in for non-warranty work. I was given a loaner car. Service advisor is Giorgio Hernandez direct # 703 647-1838
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #29
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
Just had my F30 serviced at BMW of Annapolis today. Very impressed with their customer service.
Bought 2013 328i last weekend. Mike Mills and Dan Bailey were fantastic! Going to wet sand my ride for free since it wasn't exactly CPO spec. Threw in both types of floor mats and paying for my first monthly payment. Dropping off loaner tomorrow, taking my car to work on and getting it back this Friday.

Service at it's best!!! For life...
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 07:33 PM   #30
Revelator
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i 6MT BSM MPPSK

Does anyone know how the service is at BMW of Catonsville, MD? I just ordered a 340 from there and barring any unforeseen circumstances at the point of sale, I've enjoyed my experience thus far. So much so that I would go all the way back to them for service even though I live in the northern part of the state.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #31
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by helocast63 View Post
Stop bashing Alexandria

I believe there are poor-to-bad service advisors in every dealership. we all get "the experience" at some point.

I am in the middle of a very professional experience at Alexandria BMW. My 2012 is in for non-warranty work. I was given a loaner car. Service advisor is Giorgio Hernandez direct # 703 647-1838
March 2, 2017 - BMW of North America, LLC is announcing its annual Center of Excellence honors. We are pleased to award these 33 dealers as 2017 Center of Excellence winners. Excellent business performance and intense focus on customer service are what keep BMW of North America one of the most successful automotive companies in the U.S.

The dealers are measured against their peers on 12 Key Performance Indicators which include, Customer Orientation, Aftersales and Sales data. The data is then calculated to award the top 33 of the 342 BMW dealers based on their 2016 performance.

2017 Center of Excellence Award Recipients (listed in alphabetical order)

A & L BMW, Monroeville, PA
BMW Concord, Concord, CA
BMW Northwest, Tacoma, WA
BMW of Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
BMW of Cape Cod, Hyannis, MA
BMW of Freehold, Freehold, NJ
BMW of Manhattan, New York, NY
BMW of Morristown, Morristown, NJ
BMW of Mt. Laurel, Mount Laurel, NJ
BMW of Murray, Murray, UT
BMW of Murrieta, Murrieta, CA
BMW of Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, SC
BMW of Nashville, Nashville, TN
BMW of Rochester, Rochester, NY
BMW of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
BMW of San Diego, San Diego, CA
BMW of San Rafael, San Rafael, CA
BMW of Schererville, Schererville, IN
BMW of Spokane, Spokane, WA
BMW of Springfield, Springfield, NJ
BMW of the Hudson Valley, Poughkeepsie, NY
BMW of Warwick, Warwick, RI
BMW Portland, Portland, OR
Center BMW, Sherman Oaks, CA
Irvine BMW, Irvine, CA
Kuni BMW, Beaverton, OR
Passport BMW, Suitland, MD
Rick Hendrick BMW Charleston, Charleston, SC
Rusnak BMW, Thousand Oaks, CA
South Bay BMW, Torrance, CA
Tomkinson Automotive, Fort Wayne, IN
Tulley BMW, Nashua, NH
West German BMW, Fort Washington, PA
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 1
      03-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #32
theEZV
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i; Looking for F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
Does anyone know how the service is at BMW of Catonsville, MD? I just ordered a 340 from there and barring any unforeseen circumstances at the point of sale, I've enjoyed my experience thus far. So much so that I would go all the way back to them for service even though I live in the northern part of the state.
I bought my car there. Only been in for service once so far, but no complaints. Will be going in for the fuel pump recall soon. To be honest for routine things I would just go to the closest dealer. The dealership is pretty close to my job so that's why I will keep going there.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:37 PM   #33
Muwiee
Muwiee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i '12 335i

Garage List
2012 BMW/335i  [0.00]
I haven't had issue with Alexandria service or parts department. Not the best service I've received but just okay. Passport BMW has by far been the worse in not only parts, sales, and also service department. I take my older BMW to Fairfax or Alexandria and my new BMW goes to I.G Burton in DE. They come all way to Maryland to pick up my car and drop loaner at my house. I bought the car from them, but still speaks highly of their program. If anyone is near I.G Burton recommend them by far, and I've lived all over the country and had service/sales at different BMW dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #34
Golo2016
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

I brought my car to BMW of Fairfax and the experience was pleasant, even though I had a small issue with the loaner a manager name "Rich" was very helpful. I live close to the one in Rockville, but from now on I will be bringing m car to Fairfax. My advisor was Mrs Adebo, I recommended her.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 09:58 AM   #35
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Arrived at BMW of Sterling earlier today for a scheduled service with loaner car appointment. I get to the desk and the SA says yes I see you have a loaner car reserved, but we don't have any available. They're on a first come first serve basis and they're all gone now. She then says the they always tell people loaner cars are available on the phone, but it's never reserved. Thanks for wasting my time! I told her I'll be taking my business elsewhere and she didn't seem to mind.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 11:17 AM   #36
Golo2016
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Arrived at BMW of Sterling earlier today for a scheduled service with loaner car appointment. I get to the desk and the SA says yes I see you have a loaner car reserved, but we don't have any available. They're on a first come first serve basis and they're all gone now. She then says the they always tell people loaner cars are available on the phone, but it's never reserved. Thanks for wasting my time! I told her I'll be taking my business elsewhere and she didn't seem to mind.
Damn, what a bummer, thank you for sharing, I will avoid that dealer like the plague.
Appreciate 0