F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Lamborghini Tour Voted OUT!
ARMA SPEED

03-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Michael5155
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 30i

Lamborghini Tour Voted OUT!

Before I start the post, just want to say there was no "travel" section in the Off-Topic category. So don't go all ballistic on me!

Anyways, My family (wife, son, and two step-kids) are traveling to Italy this June. After talking with a member who visited the Lamborghini plant and gone on a tour, I thought that would be a wonderful and exciting event to add to our itinerary. But then we started to work out the schedule and realized our eyes were bigger than our stomaches. So we decided one of these four had to go.

A visit to Cinque Terre, Pisa, Venice, or the Lamborghini tour. Naturally I fought for Lambo tour... but I lost! I was outvoted. Lambo is now off the itinerary

Apparently when looking at train schedules, hotels, arrival and departure flights the Lambo tour was a hassle. Guess I have to just find my way back to Italy some other time.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael5155 View Post
...A visit to Cinque Terre, Pisa, Venice, or the Lamborghini tour. Naturally I fought for Lambo tour... but I lost! I was outvoted. Lambo is now off the itinerary

Are you doing everything by train? Why not rent a car? Then you COULD do the Lambo tour.

I've been to Cinque Terre & Pisa - all very nice. I would also say stop by Luca (where Pinochio) was made famous. Venice is nice... but kind of far from there. IF you go to Venice I would suggest to stay in "Lido di Jesolo", and then take a water bus into Plazzo San Marco. Thats the only way to enter Venice!

Near Modena is the car culture mecca. Ferrari, Lambo, Panoz, Bugatti.

car musuems in Italy...
http://www.initaly.com/regions/museums/vintage.htm

Panni Musuem...
http://www.maserati.de/maserati/de/d...ni-museum.html

Dackel's European Delivery Museum Guide

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494657

Ferrari Museum, Maranello, Italy...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492605
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
askjeeves
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3/spece30

in my opinion, Pisa is a waste of time. definitely don't skip Cinque Terre, and Venice is just one of those must see places.
      04-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Put Lambo back on your itinerary. I spent 9 days in Italy a few weeks ago and stayed in Bologna (wife was there on business). I had M-F to myself and had a rented car so I was in a new city every day. I also went to Ferrari (waste of time IMHO), Ducati (nice but not too much to see, it's also inexpensive), and lastly Lambo. I can not say enough great things about the factory tour. I won't spoil it for you but if you want to see my pics I can send you a link, although they are only of the museum as the factory is obviously no-pics-allowed. Had no idea but every single Lambo that comes off the line is road tested on the streets around the factory. They are roaring loudly all over that tiny little town!

You could realistically do the Ferrari museum and Lambo tour in a single day. Ferrari is like 13euro but I would rather go to the dealership in Greenwich, 10 minutes away from here... they have more and rarer cars. Lambo charges like 40ish Euro but it's worth every penny. Pagani is also nearby but I don't believe they offer any type of tour.

FWIW - Bugatti is in France, not Italy and Panoz is in Georgia - the good ole USA.

If you're interested in any info on travel around Italy, I can certainly give my $0.02. I rented a car and visited Florence (go), Milan (skip), Bologna (go), Venice (go on a weekday - super busy), Siena (GO), and Sirmione (GO). It's really easy to get around with a car and you can see much more than you can when using mass transit so I would highly suggest it.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
Michael5155
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 30i

Thanks for all the wonderful information and advice. In some respects it pains me to hear so many nice things about going to the Lambo plant... cuz I'm going to miss it!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

See, this is why you don't give your family a vote....
Appreciate 0