F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Removing f32 tweeter
proTUNING Freaks

02-09-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
Nomana
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

How to remove F32 tweeter without removing door panel?

I really don't need to unplug wires since i just want to access bolts behind it for side mirror retrofit.
Cheers (image not belong to me)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 03:58 AM   #2
Chrome Dome
Rep
Drives: F32

Hooking your fingers behind the edge of the plastic and carefully pulling away from the door will unclip the 2 plastic legs from their sockets.
Then gently ease the panel away from the door and upwards as a lip of about 5mm is behind the door panel.
Replacement starts with feeding the lip behind the door panel then easing the legs through the foam insulation, as the panel goes back into place use your fingertips to keep the rubber weatherstrip on top of the tweeter panel.
Easy job with a bit of patience, no tools required.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2016, 04:03 AM   #3
Nomana
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Dome
Hooking your fingers behind the edge of the plastic and carefully pulling away from the door will unclip the 2 plastic legs from their sockets.
Then gently ease the panel away from the door and upwards as a lip of about 5mm is behind the door panel.
Replacement starts with feeding the lip behind the door panel then easing the legs through the foam insulation, as the panel goes back into place use your fingertips to keep the rubber weatherstrip on top of the tweeter panel.
Thank you mate. Very good description. Appreciated
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
Nomana
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Dome
I saw youtube about speaker retrofit on f32 and i saw the cable from tweeter was very short. So i'm not sure if i move the tweeter upward to access the bolts behind it, i might unplug it by accident (the plug is on the door speaker).

Please advice.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0