F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Spare tire or tire reparation kit?
GetBMWParts

04-18-2016, 06:20 AM   #1
joq3
Second Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i F30 M/T -13

Spare tire or tire reparation kit?

Hi,

Just got my new wheels, and I bought non-RFT tires because I don't like the feeling of the RFT.
But from what I can tell there is no way to put a spare tire in the trunk, under the cover? I don't want a spare tire laying just open in the trunk.

So the other alternative I found is that BMW offers a tire reparation kit, included in this is a compressor that's connected to the 12V output and a can of tire reparation fluid.

I have hears some stories about these, that you destroy your wheel, because the glue goes all over the wheel.

This is the kit:
http://www.amazon.com/BMW-Genuine-Fa.../dp/B000P5JO5M

I don't want to destroy my brand new wheels with this, if that is the case. But I also don't want a big spare tire laying in the trunk.

So what's the best way to go?
Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
pjkbrit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i 6MT ZHP

I have a tire plug kit, (professional one with GOOD tools), a compressor and a mini trolley jack in the underfloor space of my 328. So no spare at the mo....not entirely comfortable but I can fix most punctures roadside. having said that my Saab 900 suffered a large nail thru the sidewall of one of my tires the other year...no way that was being mended...huge hole! So much crap on the roads!!! Probably going to add a donut when I can find one for reasonable money
Appreciate 0