F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Issues, gripes and (hopefully) fixes?
ARMA SPEED

01-26-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M, EBII, mit alles

Issues, gripes and (hopefully) fixes?

I have less than 4000 km on my 335i Msport and I've noticed a couple of things so far. First, when I was driving back from a ski trip in Austria, I stopped at a gas station and couldn't open my door... First pull unlocked the door, as usual, and then nothing. My wife couldn't even open it from the outside. Then, after a minute or two of trying, miraculously it engaged and I got out. No problems with it since...

Second, as I was scoping out the car for a DIY grill change today, I noticed that the hood seems a bit crooked. I'm not sure, but I may have simply not noticed it when I picked the car up, but who knows... It's noticeable when you pay close attention to where the hood hangs over the headlights. On the passenger side there's about 50% more gap than on the driver's side.

Anyone else have these, or other issues? If so, what have you done to fix/ have you been able to resolve them? I plan on taking my car in for a wash and a look in the next week or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

The hood issue I've seen and heard of....I think ur dealer needs to align the hood bump stops.

The door thing is odd, maybe line the hinges?

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
..I think ur dealer needs to align the hood bump stops.
You can do that yourself as well if you'd like while you're doing the DIY grill install.

My only complaint so far is slight rattles in the upper-passenger (right) side headliner during higher-volume music on the HK system.

That and my 335i pulls to the right... but every BMW i've ever driven has pulled to the right so I'm not sure if that counts.

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
Messer-schmitt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

I'm at 8,000 miles (4 mths old) and my iDrive system has forgotten who I am about 10 times. Ie: pre-programmed keys don't work, settings aren't remembered, etc. Kinda annoying. Usually remembers within a start or two though. My spare key is located about 20 ft from my car. Guess I could try moving it before complaining...

Originally Posted by JBasham
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Elk
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
That and my 335i pulls to the right... but every BMW i've ever driven has pulled to the right so I'm not sure if that counts.
This may well be the alignment.

Typically if there is alignment offset, the car would pull a little to the left to offset the effect of road crown (which causes a car to drift a little to the right).
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #6
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer-schmitt View Post
I'm at 8,000 miles (4 mths old) and my iDrive system has forgotten who I am about 10 times. Ie: pre-programmed keys don't work, settings aren't remembered, etc. Kinda annoying. Usually remembers within a start or two though. My spare key is located about 20 ft from my car. Guess I could try moving it before complaining...
Have you setup and sync'ed driver profiles to your key's?
That's key...though sometimes still is a hit or miss for me and my wife.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messer-schmitt View Post
Yeah, my spare key is in the house and the garage is 100m away. My ipod will randomly forget that it's on random (unintentional pun). I can go into options and turn the random on and off a few times before it realizes it again... Sometimes the wheel in the steering wheel will only bring up the current song on the HUD instead of the whole playlist until I restart the random search and re-do the aforementioned random dance... Not sure if it's the ipod or the car...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You can do that yourself as well if you'd like while you're doing the DIY grill install.

My only complaint so far is slight rattles in the upper-passenger (right) side headliner during higher-volume music on the HK system.

Thanks for that tip. I only looked at the latch catches. There's one on each side of the hood and a simple plastic casing that pinches off. The loops will screw in and out. I tightened the passenger side one in all the way, but it didn't help much. I'll have to look at the bumpers all the way around again. They didn't seem to move too easy today so I didn't mess with 'em much.

Oh, and for the DIY grill install, I don't think the instructions I found on the forum factored in parking sensors in the front. I took the torx screws out and the front barely came out enough for me to get a finger down in to touch one clip. Maybe my girl's just tighter than anyone else's, but I doubt that's all of the problem. lol. I'm gonna just have the dealer swap em. I refuse to break/scratch/bend anything on this car!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:

You know the funny thing I noticed when I was driving from SB to LA was that it pulled to the right as well. Not a whole lot, but it definitely does pull. I didn't know if they messed it up when they lubed up the breaks or not. Good to know mine isn't the only one.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #10
KellerKiller
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
You know the funny thing I noticed when I was driving from SB to LA was that it pulled to the right as well. Not a whole lot, but it definitely does pull. I didn't know if they messed it up when they lubed up the breaks or not. Good to know mine isn't the only one.
may just be the slope of the roads. I haven't noticed any pull at all, even at 140mph on the autobahn. But, if you really want perfect, you have to tune your car to your specific situation, right?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
bnekic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

My hood was lower on the right side, took it to our collision center to have it aligned.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #12
Romerore
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

My 3 month old 328i xDrive left me on the side of the road yesterday. Towed to the dealer, service dept says bad coil but replacement coil doesn't fix problem. They opened a TC with BMW and waiting to hear back. To add insult to injury had to rent a Kia since they don't have any loaners available.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

I had a problem with the rear passenger's side inside door handle a few months ago. Would stick in the "open" position when trying to open the door. Took it in and they fixed it. Apparently the cable had come loose inside the door. Might be what happened to you.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romerore View Post
My 3 month old 328i xDrive left me on the side of the road yesterday. Towed to the dealer, service dept says bad coil but replacement coil doesn't fix problem. They opened a TC with BMW and waiting to hear back. To add insult to injury had to rent a Kia since they don't have any loaners available.
Outch! That sucks. Hope you get it back soon.
Appreciate 0