F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Sport + vs traction off
proTUNING Freaks

11-30-2012, 02:33 AM   #23
Sephanite
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

so... which mode turns on the eLSD?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #24
ilhan1103
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 318 2012

Garage List
2012 318D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephanite View Post
so... which mode turns on the eLSD?
easy, its ecopro coded to have the sport+ steering
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #25
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Sounds logical to me, although the "traction mode" theory also seems plausible as the manual specifically refers to manually turning off DSC when trying to get moving in snowy conditions etc. Either way, a linear and realistic throttle response is wanted both when you're in mood for power slides or trying to get moving on ice.

BTW, has anyone had any sideways fun in their 328 yet? Is it powerful enough to do it? Merely curious...
Then we can agree on that point as for the manual and snowy conditions, I think u mean turning DTC ON, that allows some slippage

Regarding sideways fun, I did it in my old e90 320i with the powerful 170 HP so I think it shouldnt hard with this one

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
Then we can agree on that point as for the manual and snowy conditions, I think u mean turning DTC ON, that allows some slippage

Regarding sideways fun, I did it in my old e90 320i with the powerful 170 HP so I think it shouldnt hard with this one
V, have you been into the "sport configuration" settings in iDrive?
When you get the adaptive suspension option you also get an additional settings screen for how "sport" mode should set things up for you.
You can set it to "drive train" only, which affects only the throttle response and trans shift mode, not the suspension which will remain in "comfort" along with the steering effort.

"Chassis only" affects only the suspension, and steering effort by putting it in it's sport mode.
In this mode, throttle response is left in "comfort" and trans shift mode is also in "comfort" mode.

"Both drive train and chassis" will put sport mode into full sport for all items; steering effort, throttle response, trans shift mode, and suspension.

I hope I got those right.
I'll test my 335i with DH later to see what happens to my throttle response when I'm in driver sport mode, and then also use the DTC/DSC to shut the system completely off.

I so wish BMW will upgrade the DH sport settings so that we can pick and choose what items we want in sport without having to choose a set grouping.
For example, I'd like to have the firmer steering effort, sport suspension setting, higher throttle response, and comfort for trans mode.
That would be ideal for my daily driving.
As the options are now, I can't get that setup even on a $52K MSRP 335i with DH pkg.
BMW please FIX THIS!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #27
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
V, have you been into the "sport configuration" settings in iDrive?
When you get the adaptive suspension option you also get an additional settings screen for how "sport" mode should set things up for you.
You can set it to "drive train" only, which affects only the throttle response and trans shift mode, not the suspension which will remain in "comfort" along with the steering effort.

"Chassis only" affects only the suspension, and steering effort by putting it in it's sport mode.
In this mode, throttle response is left in "comfort" and trans shift mode is also in "comfort" mode.

"Both drive train and chassis" will put sport mode into full sport for all items; steering effort, throttle response, trans shift mode, and suspension.

I hope I got those right.
I'll test my 335i with DH later to see what happens to my throttle response when I'm in driver sport mode, and then also use the DTC/DSC to shut the system completely off.

I so wish BMW will upgrade the DH sport settings so that we can pick and choose what items we want in sport without having to choose a set grouping.
For example, I'd like to have the firmer steering effort, sport suspension setting, higher throttle response, and comfort for trans mode.
That would be ideal for my daily driving.
As the options are now, I can't get that setup even on a $52K MSRP 335i with DH pkg.
BMW please FIX THIS!
I do have it and I often set it to sport suspension/steering with comfort on the drivetrain

I hear you on the wish for a possibility to set each n every item, that would be perfect cause there are times when Id like to have the steering ONLY set to sport n the rest in comfort.

But that's life, no matter how much u have u always want more

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #28
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Holding down traction control button for a few seconds - that equals TRUE power slide mode.
Sport+ just turns dynamic traction on - a little more slip but you're not gonna be sliding all over the place.

As far as feeling like its back in comfort mode when turning traction off completely, its just the throttle. And when you are sliding like that, you want to be able to feather the gas a lot more than basically having an on/off switch of a gas pedal. Maybe its just safety.
Hmm, haven't been able to try much, but does the steering setting stay in Sport?

This would make much more sense in DSC off/TRUE power slide mode: Throttle in comfort setting, Steering in sport, with all the nannies OFF.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #29
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Assuming the throttle response of Comfort mode is the most linear map, with Sport having a more aggressive curve, and Eco having a regressive curve; it makes sense to revert back to the most linear setting when turning off traction control/ETC.
      02-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #30
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC
Assuming the throttle response of Comfort mode is the most linear map, with Sport having a more aggressive curve, and Eco having a regressive curve; it makes sense to revert back to the most linear setting when turning off traction control/ETC.
Agree. But does the steering stay in the stiffer/sport setting with traction completely off?
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #31
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism
Quote:
Agree. But does the steering stay in the stiffer/sport setting with traction completely off?
Yes it does.

Dont have car anymore but my memory says yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #32
mhanism
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhanism
Quote:
Yes it does.

Dont have car anymore but my memory says yes.
Thanks PKim!
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0