F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW warranty choices...
proTUNING Freaks

09-23-2016, 04:16 AM   #1
Twenty2Three
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i M Sport

BMW warranty choices...

Well shes coming p to nearly 4 years old now and my AUC warranty expires in 2 weeks... I know I will have to extend this but any advice on the best option.
There appears to be 3 choices
Comprehesive
Named component
Driveline
Ideally I want the one that covers the major stuff and is parts n labour included?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #2
BMdriver
Bus Media, Xenons, Spt Auto, Sun Pro Black Panel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420i M Sport Coupe (Pro pack)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three28iman View Post
Well shes coming p to nearly 4 years old now and my AUC warranty expires in 2 weeks... I know I will have to extend this but any advice on the best option.
There appears to be 3 choices
Comprehesive
Named component
Driveline
Ideally I want the one that covers the major stuff and is parts n labour included?
Comprehensive, clearly - if you want the highest level of cover.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 01:23 PM   #3
Grimmy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 3 Series Luxury

I looked at this the other day out of interest, although my cars not out of AUC until Feb. I banged in another reg from auto trader to get an idea on the price, I think it was around £300 for the drive line cover based on my mileage of 27,000 so far. I can foot the bill for small stuff, but the N20 does seem to suffer the odd terminal engine failure which I think is worth extending the cover for. Although driveline covers engine and major drive components, it's got a 5k£ limit. I'm not sure that would cover a full engine replacement. That said, it might cover it after a manufacturer contribution for failing on a relatively young car with full dealer service history? I'd be interested to hear what sort of deals they offer you on the different plans. Typically I think extended warrantys are a mugs game, but some cover if the price is reasonable is well worth considering when there's a history of issues with chain guides and oil pumps on the 328i
Appreciate 1