F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Iphone4s and 328i Bluetooth
Extreme Powerhouse

05-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
Frankisme
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Alpine White

Iphone4s and 328i Bluetooth

When I try to use Siri on the iPhone 4s when connected to car Bluetooth it dials my voicemail. Any ideas for a workaround or a solution other than turning the Bluetooth off?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

I have a similar problem. When I use talk to text, it starts dialing numbers.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

So, you're connected via bluetooth with the phone and are trying to use voice commands to send a text, and the car dials numbers?

Isn;t this something that shouldn't be a problem if you have BMW apps?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #4
Frankisme
Private
Rep

I have a non Nav 328 and no BMW Apps. I use the Y cable when I want to play music from my iPhone.
This occurs when I use my iPhone and bluetooth is connected. I push the home button on iPhone when I want to use SIRI and the car starts to dial my voicemail.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Works in my E90, I hope you get this figured out soon.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
glitched79
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankisme
I have a non Nav 328 and no BMW Apps. I use the Y cable when I want to play music from my iPhone.
This occurs when I use my iPhone and bluetooth is connected. I push the home button on iPhone when I want to use SIRI and the car starts to dial my voicemail.
Are you certain it's actually dialing your voicemail?

I also have a non-nav F30 and an iPhone 4S. Whenever I do something on my iPhone that requires voice input, the iDrive display makes it look as if it's dialing my voicemail, but in reality, it's just sitting there waiting for me to start taking. Anything I say gets sent via Bluetooth to Siri. When I close Siri, the iDrive display goes back to normal.

I think the iDrive display just appears as if it's getting a call from my own phone number.

What I would LOVE is if somehow the voice control button on the steering wheel (which currently serves no purpose because I have a non-nav system) could be mapped to activate Siri. That would be great.

Or even if some sort of key combination could be stored as a contact, and dialing it actually activates Siri.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
_BMWnEwBiE_
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched79 View Post

I also have a non-nav F30 and an iPhone 4S. Whenever I do something on my iPhone that requires voice input, the iDrive display makes it look as if it's dialing my voicemail, but in reality, it's just sitting there waiting for me to start taking. Anything I say gets sent via Bluetooth to Siri. When I close Siri, the iDrive display goes back to normal.

I think the iDrive display just appears as if it's getting a call from my own phone number.

What I would LOVE is if somehow the voice control button on the steering wheel (which currently serves no purpose because I have a non-nav system) could be mapped to activate Siri. That would be great.

Or even if some sort of key combination could be stored as a contact, and dialing it actually activates Siri.
Yes on my after market panasonic with touch screen when ever i start using siri looks like i am using voicemail on the screen but there is no dialing voicemail.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Frankisme
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BMWnEwBiE_
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitched79 View Post

Yes on my after market panasonic with touch screen when ever i start using siri looks like i am using voicemail on the screen but there is no dialing voicemail.
I looked closer and it looks like the it is dialing. It actually isn't. It's just a nuisance.
Siri actually talks over the car speakers.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
dmontic71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

Garage List
Probably not the workaround you are looking for, but I just leave an old iPod permanently connected, so that I don't have to plug in my iPhone.....
      05-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
Frankisme
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmontic71 View Post
Probably not the workaround you are looking for, but I just leave an old iPod permanently connected, so that I don't have to plug in my iPhone.....
Thats a good workaround idea. I end up plugging my phone most of the time to charge the battery.
Appreciate 0