F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2012 F30 3-series: Let's say BMW wants your opinions
Studio RSR

12-05-2009, 11:58 PM   #177
princefemi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silverstone F80

- Integrate the front headrests with their seats.

- Increase legroom in the rear, but not at the cost of increased weight.

- Add on/off button for AC controls. I hate having to cycle the fan down whenever I want to turn off the AC.

- Automatically turn headlamps on when wipers are on. In most states it is the law that when wipers are on your head lamps must be on.

- Please, Please, Please do not follow the design language found on the fronts of the new 7 and 5 series. While I love the rear end of both cars, the front end design is horrendous (the 7er is the worst of the two). The snub nose, over-sized kidney front design they have gone to likens the new BMWs to something Dodge would build, and it is not cool at all.

Last edited by princefemi; 12-06-2009 at 02:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #178
DarkRider23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 201 335i xDrive

Do we know the specs of the F30 or not? Did some searching, but I can't find anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #179
MenTul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
2007 X3  [8.00]
Across the range:

new gen iDrive standard w Nav across the product range. I cannot believe that BMW still tries to justify a $2000 upcharge for Nav with iDrive when BMW nav isn't better than a $200 Tom Tom.

Get rid of the CDV on stick.
Limited slip diff std with manual, optional with auto
RFTs optional.
Anti-theft standard.
A2DP bluetooth for stereo
Bring back the glovebox flashlight and the ashtray - don't nickel and dime us

Oh, and fix the goddamn HPFP on the 335. Direct injection is how diesels work at 40,000PSI for the last 30 years. Its not rocket science to make a reliable fuel pump.

E90 6MT ZSP ZPP 322 522 LCCZ 688 TTGO730 BLACKLINES
E83 6AT ZSP ZPP 522 508 4AS 191M LUSW A35 NUVI755T BLACKLINES
Donzi ZR

Last edited by MenTul; 12-06-2009 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: 335 engine complaint
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 01:17 AM   #180
NoSurrender
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Ok here we go,
-Make the seats comfortable to sit in for over 30 miles.
-cooling seats
-less/no throttle lag. (that .5 seconds can get you into some deep shit)
-no more run flats (they compromise handling so much)
-Stock xenon headlights. (they're bmw trademarks, why not?)
- Double clutch gearbox
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #181
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

um make it a baby 5..that should do it..let it have every option a 5 can get and I want HUD, and back up Cam....and a V8
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 08:42 AM   #182
Queenskid24
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: With 1 Fly Girl shotgun.

hmm...id have a few suggestions/ like to haves...

Back up Camera
Sports Seats standard
19 inch wheels standard
Spare/Jack included
LSD
Euro packages to avaliable for US customers .
For coupes, a faster way to get in the rear seats
Black Headliner option!!

thats all for now...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #183
Jeef
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdmaxx View Post
lol.. Because instead of ultimate driving machine those people want: ultimate help me back it up machine.
if you were atleast a decent or good driver you wouldnt really need back up cameras... i mean come on people is it that hard just to look back?

and yes bmw should cut back on the vehicle weight if possible without ruining safety and all that
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 09:55 AM   #184
detrick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 550xi M-Sport/Dinan S2

Please give us...

(1) An aesthetically pleasing electronics suite, not a Navigation system and satellite radio system that looks 1980's vintage. BMW's have great electronics, but they are presented in an archaic manner.

(2) Get rid of the orange gauge cluster lights...nice during it's hay day, but let's move on to something new. That's what people decided to do with disco.

(3) Do not attempt to fix iDrive, just kill it and start over again. Use ATM designers, as I can get money out using less buttons than trying to find a radio station on iDrive.

(4) Why have two digital temperature knobs while still retaining the adjustable temperature wheels adjacent to the vents? This redundancy results in incorrect digital temperature readings most of the time.

(5) Think with your dip stick, Jimmy! Electronic dipsticks belong in smart, driverless cars of the future. Until that time, I want a dipstick to actually see and touch the oil to judge its adequacy.

(6) Spare tire standard, RFTs as an option. Unless BMW can ensure prompt delivery 24/7 of RFTs through BMW Roadside Assistance, who dares to drive in remote areas using RFTs?

(7) The time has come to make BMW's a little lighter....not as light as Porsche, but certainly a weight problem has been becoming evident over the years.

(8) Is it asking too much to have an interior a grade higher than a Volkswagen? If I wanted a nice Audi interior, I would buy an Audi.

Last edited by detrick; 12-06-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #185
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Keep it simple.
Supersprint/M-sport model offered at initial release.
Optional LSD
Turbo boost gauge
Offer lighter, simpler, less expensive M3; 320d; and 4 cyl turbo model under 3000 lbs.

Cater to luxury/techno junkies, but not at cost of compromises to core performance identity. Continue to offer Navi, CA, power seats, etc. etc. etc. as options. Don't alienate enthusiasts by smothering base car with complex and heavy gizmos.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #186
srim3
V8 M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4

Standard equipment

1) Heads up display ( Option to integrate radar detector too ). Atleast make this standard on M models
2) Universal garage door opener/Home link ( c'mon these things cost less then $100, why buy a premier package worth $2000 to get this option )
3) Folding mirrors when parked ( Again, don't have to buy premier package to get this )
4) 4-Cylinder engines ( Euro engines )
5) Diesel engine for wagons / 335i wagon , or 4 cylinder Diesels ( Euro engines )
6) Hybrid technologies ( Engine start/stop at traffic lights, brake regeneration systems )
7) Lose some weight ( carbon fiber roof for 335i )
8) Better voice recognition for idrive
9) M DCT type Paddle shifters on regular automatics ( if not please make sure the driver can set the paddle shifter controls as he/she wants to use. + for right and - for left, for the dual control paddle shifters that are available on regular automatics)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 10:04 AM   #187
demosthenes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i 6MT

Garage List
2008 328i sedan  [0.00]
1. Drop RFT's, add spare
2. Offer DCT option
3. Equip 328 with water or oil temperature gauge
4. Add 3 stage intake manifold to 328 to bump torque & HP

I understand why they went with RFT's in Europe (great roads and higher speeds), but we need non-RFT's in the U.S.

They probably don't offer DCT on U.S. 328's and 335's because the vast majority of 3 series buyers are not enthusiasts, they don't need it and they don't want to pay $1600 extra for it. BMW doesn't want to offer 3 trannies.

They probably don't give 328 owners a temp gauge because most aren't enthusiasts and are more concerned about gas mileage, but we need a temperature gauge!

It was probably a marketing/public relations decision to limit the 328 because of the 2006 330/325, but why not give the N52 more power when it's so easy? It would still be way slower than the 335 and maintain differentiation.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #188
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
  1. Fix the HPFP issue ASAP...no, NOW!
  2. RFT optional.
  3. Robust, i.e., Quaife, LSD as an option.
  4. More than three interior leather colors -- a darker gray, a darker brown (not that awful terra-cotta but a brown brown).
  5. iDrive system as standard with the SatNav as option. But make the cost appropriate.
  6. Bigger hard drive for the iDrive partitioned for more music storage. Better yet, delete the hard drive and put in a solid state drive.
  7. Make the three-blink signal a user specified number.
  8. Windows go up with the lock. Screw the damned lawyers. Other marques have this feature and we don't hear of them being sued.
  9. Folding exterior mirrors. Couple this with the windows up on lock.
  10. Standard oil cooler.
  11. Less weight.
  12. Reinstate the REST button/function.
  13. Standard alarm system. And make it LOUDER!
  14. Use the gauge in the lower right on the instrument cluster as a user selectable gauge: volts, amperes, boost, oil temperature, water temperature, turbo temperature, pressure, vacuum, etc.
  15. Add sections to the iDrive menus where the user can select different gauges in various formats (thermometer, needle, bar graph, idiotlight).
  16. Separate volume settings for satnav, warnings, stereo, etc.
  17. Selectable hourly chime (I miss that in my 2009 E90).
  18. Physical dipstick. Electronic devices are subject to failure. How do I know the sensor hasn't failed while showing me I have a full crankcase when I really have none?
  19. Lights on with wipers.
  20. Headlights on at the first switch setting.
  21. Nuisance alarm when vehicle is in motion with the parking lights on.
  22. Perspective map screen with time coherent sky.
  23. Auto dimming iDrive screen
  24. Lower pricing on accessories. The costs of these are absurd and are paramount to gouging!
  25. Power outlets in the trunk.
  26. Power outlets for the back seat standard, i.e., Happy Robot mod.
  27. A section in the manual with a concordance of all warning icons.
  28. A fuse map that doesn't use hieroglyphics
  29. Fully comply with the Bluetooth standard -- at the least team with two or three phone makers so all of the cell phones of these companies are fully compatible across the BMW model spectrum. Make snap-in adapters available for all compatible phones.
  30. Chiller/warmer in armrest compartment.
  31. Light in armrest compartment.
  32. Bring back the trunk lid keyhole.
  33. Ensure the sales staff at all dealerships are fully knowledgeable of the features of each model and their derivatives.
  34. Provide brochures for each model in each model year BEFORE production begins, not like the 2009 model year.
  35. Selectable regional or national speech accents for voice command and sat nav voices.

Did I miss anything?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #189
BimmerGuyFL
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 BMW 535i M-sport

-Make Runflats a no cost option and bring back a full sizespare or spare as standard equipment
-iDrive should be standard/Make Nav optional like the 5-series or the X5
-Xenons standard
-17" rims Standard on base models
-Comfort access standard
-Base stereo should be no less then 12 speakers (2 subs) standard with a good quality equalizer.
-Bluetooth standard.
-Auto transmission a no cost option.
2013 F10 BMW 535i Alpine White / Oyster Dakota Leather / Anthracite Wood Trim / Steptronic transmission / M Sport Package / Premium Package / Technology Package / Rear-view camera / Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #190
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Many have been addressed already. On LSD, i'd like to see just that, not the more expensive safety orientated torque vectoring thingy which will likely spoil everything you expect from a LSD

others:
1) redesign radiator/intercooler front section to have a real intercooler, and intake trunking that at least looks right.
2) Nissan GTR style user programmable i-drive screen for boost and anything else (=BT diagnostics in neat format)
3) I like my closed cabin air circulation LED to go red when selected so it's obvious when on or off
4) redesign cabin airflow. Ridiculous the fan needs to be on minimal and audible 3-4 bars to get some airflow. Too much heat pick up in whole system
5) lower cost M-sport package with lowest cost steel rims, so customer can decide on wheels
6) a pin coded, significant BHP/rpm reduction you can unlock with a code only available to the end user. Avoid all abuse during transport..or service
7) phone call up function to be able to let engine die slowly after theft, car jacking etc, or roll down windows; and/or other user configarable functions.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #191
integrale4wd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 328I coupe

my two cents

Put the michelin runflats as standards instead of the those crappy Bridgestones...let's face it they will never go back to regular radial tires on any of the series...to me the suspensions on these cars work better with regular radial tires...

Improve or infact get rid of the clutch delay valve...

Add a temperature guage, how do we know the car is overheating?

Add rear fold down seats as standard equipment

offer the M colors as an extra option...

Have an option to have cup holders or not, I had seeing two slots for cup holders on my dash...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #192
MalM3
4 pot warrior
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 318I

Garage List
2006 e90  [10.00]
1) Heated seats and steering wheel.. standard on all european models
2) Headlightwash standard
3) Rainsensor / Autolights
4) PDC standard (Idrive optional)
5) Move window switches to mid.consol / Not doors
6) Split backseats as standard
7) Better cupholder positioning.. as standard
8) Electrochrome sunroof.. (same idea behind the autodip mirrors)
9) Autofold mirrors as standard
10) Lower the instep height, lower the panel height?..
11) CA as standard
12) Remove "foot on clutch/brake" start headache......
13) remove the locking "pimples" on the inner door pannels.. no one uses them anymore??
14) BMW radio with SD card interface.
15) Cruise control back on the steeringwheel.
16) For non-Idrive models, a better intergration of aftermarket GPS systems.
17) 12V supply back in the ashtray/storage area.
18) Illuminated gearknob á la E36 in both M perforated, and sport gearknobs.

Been there, done that, wanna do it again
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #193
fwmcb
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i X-drive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
Ventilated seats, heads up display, an optional leather dash and a shed a few pounds and keep the twin turbo power plant!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #194
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Selectable regional or national speech accents for voice command and sat nav voices.
In english I only want the Irish female accent otherwise text will do..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #195
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Great idea for a thread. I think BMW can get a good consensus of what BMW enthusiasts desire from this thread. Here are my thoughts:

Make some of the BMW performance parts available as factory installed options. Either bundle them in a performance package, add them to the M-Sport package (with increased cost) or separately a la carte. Use the E46 performance package as a model. Importantly, make this available to both the 328 as well as the 335. Frequently, performance packages are targeted at the larger more powerful motor. However, many people prefer the characteristics of a normally aspirated high revving motor (the better gas mileage is nice too). They, too, would like the option of a sport exhaust, short shift kit, carbon fiber interior trim, etc. Make a Limited Slip Diff an option. I was able to order one on my 1995 318ti Club Sport. It would be nice if standard, but I understand the economic reality of the plunging dollar, so at least make it an option. Okay here's my list:

-Make performance parts available in a package or a la carte for all models not just the model with the most powerful motor.
- Make a limited Slip Diff available as an option.
- Get rid of run flat tires or make them optional. If BMW is going to keep the RFTs at least make the Michelin tires the standard RFT.
- It would be nice to have the dipstick back but if BMW can't, for emissions reasons, then so be it. It would be nice to have one, so you can visually inspect the quality of the oil as well as the level.
- Have a water temperature gauge
- Get rid of CDV
- This last item is a "nice to have". Don't hide the engine under a huge piece of plastic. Spend the extra couple of bucks to make the engine look good. My little 318ti had nice aluminum valve covers. Like I said this would be a "nice to have" item.
- Have some sort of performance bucket seat available. I understand that the performance bucket seats, that were shown in the tii concept car, would've been $4,000 each if offered here in the U.S. There has to be some other option. Porsche now offers these outrageous (in a good way) performance bucket seats for $3,350 for the pair. BMW should be able to at least match that price.

"Pie in the sky" is to have the car configurable the same way Mini can be configured.

Leif W.

Last edited by LeifW; 12-06-2009 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #196
Kalize
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3/E90 330i/E82 128i

half the things u guys have listed won't show up on the E30

EUROFORUMS.CA
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #197
MalM3
4 pot warrior