F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > NAV Traffic
Studio RSR

11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

NAV Traffic

Okay, so I put in my work address, and from computing my average speed over different routes over the past year know that it should keep me off the freeway.

It indeed does and puts me on a major boulevard parallel to the freeway. However it takes me there different ways on different surface streets. Does real-time traffic also include surface streets in addition to highway?

One other question: the default setting is EconPro or some such thing. One evening driving on the Hollywood Freeway, it kept telling me to exit even though traffic flow was good. I stayed on the freeway the whole way and not one slow down. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

TIA
      11-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Decepax
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive; Z4; X3

I think the default being set to ECO mode for navigation is the main reason so many folks in various posts are complaining about circuitous routes generated by the computer. I changed the setting early on to fastest and have been very pleased. I knew I could make this change from reading the manual and I readily admit it would otherwise not be obvious. With regards to the ECO route I have read that it factors in several things including elevation changes. It would be a tedious but interesting experiment to compare gas consumption on various routes
Appreciate 0