F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Iphone keeps disconnecting
Studio RSR

03-08-2024, 11:37 AM   #1
Ageispolis
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335xi

Iphone keeps disconnecting

I have my iphone set up via bluetooth. I always plug it in as well to charge, and then I'll put some music on via youtube or whatever. But I always seem to lose disconnection. Idk if it's freaking out between the bluetooth and hardwired connection or what, but it happens regularly. Anyone deal with this? I tried searching without success.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2024, 02:20 PM   #2
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
I recently switched to an iPhone 13 Mini. Since I got it, I've had this problem. Randomly the car has lost connection to the phone the next day. Might work for a day or two, then it's disconnected. It is then required that I restart the phone. Sometimes it takes like 5 minutes to connect. I never had this problem on Android. So far I'm unable to find any answers.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 11:24 AM   #3
NxTH
AH3 Owner
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i ActiveHybrid 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageispolis View Post
I have my iphone set up via bluetooth. I always plug it in as well to charge, and then I'll put some music on via youtube or whatever. But I always seem to lose disconnection. Idk if it's freaking out between the bluetooth and hardwired connection or what, but it happens regularly. Anyone deal with this? I tried searching without success.
Finally figured this out by rummaging various forums. Someone said one of the latest iOS updates messed something up for some of the iPhones. The solution is to rename your phone from your phone's settings to a one word name.

1. Unpair and forget the car from your phone
2. Check it's not there in iDrive
3. Change your phone's name to a one word name, like "Mini" instead of "Steve's iPhone"
4. Pair again.

Been a few weeks since I renamed my phone and it has been connected without problems.
Appreciate 1
Pauloxxi339.00