F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > AU F30 Pricing
MINHS Auto Care Center

11-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #727
feng
Private
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2014 F31 328i M-Sport AW

oooo not long to go for me (excuse my excitement).

They supplied me the VIN to get insurance quotes etc and it turns out, mine's built in Munich on 11/9/15. I thought AU market was South African built? Or am I reading old information? (not that mind... just curious).

Speaking of insurance... how many of you use BMW insurance (underwritten by Allianz?). I was originally going to go with NRMA (who I've been with for a while), but they can't even get the model of the car right :|
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 12:06 AM   #728
Chuckbuster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i Estoril Blue

I thought long and hard, but stuck with AAMI. I've had to use them for a claim in the past and they were great and less than half the price of BMW/Allianz. Yes, they don't guarantee genuine parts, but on the off chance I do need to claim I don't think that will bother me.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 01:11 AM   #729
feng
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
I thought long and hard, but stuck with AAMI. I've had to use them for a claim in the past and they were great and less than half the price of BMW/Allianz. Yes, they don't guarantee genuine parts, but on the off chance I do need to claim I don't think that will bother me.
Yeah AAMI is cheaper. Not by an awful lot though, so I'm wondering whether I just go with BMW.

Still can't get over NRMA's responses.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #730
ontheway
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: F31 MSport 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by feng View Post
oooo not long to go for me (excuse my excitement).

They supplied me the VIN to get insurance quotes etc and it turns out, mine's built in Munich on 11/9/15. I thought AU market was South African built? Or am I reading old information? (not that mind... just curious).

Speaking of insurance... how many of you use BMW insurance (underwritten by Allianz?). I was originally going to go with NRMA (who I've been with for a while), but they can't even get the model of the car right :|
The F31 is built in Munich - it is a long wait!

I went with NRMA mainly for choice of repairer - cost difference was surprisingly only a couple of hundred dollars. I used to have 6 policies (now 1) with NRMA but their price hikes just got unbearable.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 05:58 AM   #731
feng
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
The F31 is built in Munich - it is a long wait!

I went with NRMA mainly for choice of repairer - cost difference was surprisingly only a couple of hundred dollars. I used to have 6 policies (now 1) with NRMA but their price hikes just got unbearable.
Ah right.. didn't know that. Luckily mine was already on a boat!

Yeah BMW insurance was only $100 more per year compared with NRMA. Can always change it next year.

Who did you change to?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #732
pmunger
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Drives: 335i F30 M Sport

I would also look at GIO Platinum - lots of nice features like Lifetime new car replacement.

As tedious as it is you really need to read the PDS of each when comparing - Example - what does Choice of repairer mean (who's choice is it)?

I had a experience when I chose a repairer, but insurance company said they were too expensive and I couldn't use them. Ended up getting a cash settlement on the amount that their repairer had quoted them.
      11-26-2014, 08:30 PM   #733
feng
Private
Australia
Rep

yay i just took delivery of my F31! Love wagons!

Ended up going with BMW insurance. When I priced up the others with the same cover, they were much of a muchness in price with guaranteed oem parts and obviously choice of repairer. My dealer has a full body shop etc too so all repairs would be done at my dealer.

Thanks everyone for their input.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #734
kommy
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i msport estoril blue

Hey guys, just thought I'd say hi.

Anyway, got the following over the weekend:
  • Brand New 328i (August Build) in Estoril Blue
  • M-Sport package
  • Innovations package
  • Bi Xenons headlights
  • Sunroof
  • Digital Radio
  • Tints
  • 3 years extended BMW new car warranty (6 years total)
  • free servicing on BMW Corporate
All for $74268, now the wait.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #735
jeffreyfreeze
Registered
Rep

Drives: BMW 320i

I bought a BMW F30 320i last Sunday.

62K driveway, we got the sports line 2015 model which Xenon headlight, Adaptive M suspension, 18" wheels and Innovation stuff ( HUD/Birdview/Lane changing/Sat Nav etc. except Comfort Access and Assist Parking) becomes standard.

I am looking for a comfortable, young and sporty sedan to replace my Corolla. BMW 3 series, Audi A4 and Mercedes C classes are on my list.

At first we three of us has test-driven F30 316i. Turning on the air-con to the max, it is alright for a smooth acceleration and corning under comfort mode. Only with sports mode you can really feel being pushed by the car. Next we tested out 320i it's much more fun with a better engine and more standard features such as leather upholstery and electronic memory seating. Its acceleration in comfort mode can be on par with Sports mode of 316i.

Driving experience on A4 and C200 are not as fun as BMW. It feels like driving a truck with C200 while its acceleration is not as quick as 320i. Mercedes got the best and most quiet interior however it's the car for age 40s-50s. Audi A4, on the other hand, is not bad with All wheels drive system. It's look and interior however is dated and you should wait for the next generation A4 coming next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 09:44 PM   #736
Bris64
Australia
Rep

Drives: 435i M Sport GC Carbon Black

My understanding from someone who owns and runs a car repair business is that he understood BMW uses different welding method to many other manufactures, so, in Brisbane for example, there would be only a limited number of repairers with the equipment /ability to repair a BMW properly in the event of sig damage.
Is this correct?
If true, would having choice of repairer with specific insurance agency assist or not?
Have 1 car insured with BMW insurance, other through Allianz - just wondering if any specific benefit in swapping the latter to BMW insurance.
Very topical issue at present in Brisbane! I have several friends with BMWs with hail damage so will be interested to see how they all get on with their claims - will be asking them who they are insured with and how things went
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 10:57 PM   #737
328ihp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Drives: 328i sapphire black sportline,

Garage List
2014 bmw 328i  [0.00]
2012 bmw 328i  [0.00]
I had a silly accident a month ago that required a fair bit of front panel replacement as well as new headlights.I am insured with Allianz and they went through a bmw certified repairer and the the repair was excellent ( they gave me a few choices since its sydney but I just chose whatever was close ). Do tick the option for hire car in your policy though.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #738
chopshop
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i M Sport Estoril Blue

I'm with lumley insurance through a car club. They let you send it back to a bmw dealer to replace/repair, never had any issues. But you need to be an affiliated member to take out a policy.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 05:09 PM   #739
Ian_F30
Rep

Drives: F30 328i

Hi Everyone

I pick up an Orion Silver 328i today (12/12/14) it is a Sportline. This my first BMW, I have had 4 new MINI's and my JCW Clubman is being traded on the BMW.

The car has the Innovations options which what we wanted after seeing in action in a loan car. That car was a 320i we did think about buying that car but I thought it was a bit down on power.

I would have liked a Melbourne Red car but there were none around in a 328i.

I still own a MINI that one is a MINI Inspired by Goodwood that car has Rolls Royce Diamond Black Paint and Rolls Royce grade leather it is based on a Cooper S

There is also a Land Rover Discovery 4 that serves as our caravan tow vehicle.

Edit:

Price on road was $63k (Demo Car)

Last edited by Ian_F30; 12-11-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #740
Chuckbuster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 2014 328i Estoril Blue

Congrats Ian_F30, can you share details on price to help out others who are looking?
Appreciate 0