F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > Christmas surprise - failed delivery:/
Studio RSR

12-16-2015, 05:15 PM   #1
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep
Drives: '16 F34 320d luxury

Christmas surprise - failed delivery:/

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to post some pictures of my long-awaited 320d GT, but as it turned out someone messed up big time and a 318d with the same specs ( luxury black sapph, saddle brown int.) was delivered to the dealership.

My dealer told me that they did everything fine, but someone at BMW AG logistics made some mistake in the administration... the new estimated delivery date is the 2. week of February.

I've already got insurance + Casco for the previously received VIN number. Do you have any suggestions, what should I do in this situation?

Thanks in advance! I'm on holiday from tomorrow, since I was planning some fun time with the GT, but now I'm totally knocked out...

Last edited by Skald; 12-16-2015 at 07:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #2
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Disgusting. If it was not your fault obv, then it's someone else's fault, and guess who has to pay...BMW.

In this situation. I would have your dealer let you drive around in a Demo whatever (3, 4, 5, X5, X3) until Jan 16th, and then a loaner until it finally arrives. If they can bless you with that or something of equal value, then you should be happy.

Let us know what happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skald View Post
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to post some pictures of my long-awaited 320d GT, but as it turned out someone messed up big time and a 318d with the same specs ( luxury black sapph, saddle brown int.) was delivered to the dealership.

My dealer told me that they did everything fine, but someone at BMW AG logistics made some mistake in the administration... the new estimated delivery date is the 2. week of February.

I've already got insurance + Casco for the previously received VIN number. Do you have any suggestions, what should I do in this situation?

Thanks in advance! I'm on holiday from tomorrow, since I was planning some fun time with the GT, but now I'm totally knocked out...
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2015, 06:49 AM   #3
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT 330D M Sport Plus

Terrible
      12-17-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
sushkr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i xDrive GT

Have you considered accepting 318d (what they delivered to the dealer)? May not be a bad idea to drive it for a year or two. Ask them to offer you say an additional 10% discount over what you had agreed to pay, because they messed up. They might agree.. So you will get a good deal.

Trade it in for a new one in 2 years...

Last edited by sushkr; 12-17-2015 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #5
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
Disgusting. If it was not your fault obv, then it's someone else's fault, and guess who has to pay...BMW.

In this situation. I would have your dealer let you drive around in a Demo whatever (3, 4, 5, X5, X3) until Jan 16th, and then a loaner until it finally arrives. If they can bless you with that or something of equal value, then you should be happy.

Let us know what happens
We have came to an agreement with my dealer today:

I will have demo cars to use until I recieve my 320d on jan 29 + they have offered hifi, navi + tech package with no cost.

I've got a 218d grand tourer demo for now and it seems that I will have another car from next monday. I guess that's the best I could get as a deal for now. Thank you for your tips and for your solidarity.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2015, 05:58 PM   #6
Skald
Private
Hungary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushkr View Post
Have you considered accepting 318d (what they delivered to the dealer)? May not be a bad idea to drive it for a year or two. Ask them to offer you say an additional 10% discount over what you had agreed to pay, because they messed up. They might agree.. So you will get a good deal.

Trade it in for a new one in 2 years...
Yes, I was thinking about this solution too, but I was so satisfied with the 320d test car's performance - it just felt very optimized for this weight,totally all together - I didn't want to trade that in for 1,5-2 years.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #7
allachie9
Grumpy Old Man
Scotland
Rep
Drives: G30 520i

Quote:

I will have demo cars to use until I recieve my 320d on jan 29 + they have offered hifi, navi + tech package with no cost.

I've got a 218d grand tourer demo for now and it seems that I will have another car from next monday. I guess that's the best I could get as a deal for now. Thank you for your tips and for your solidarity.
It sounds like the dealer (and BMW) have worked out that because whoever was at fault, it wasn't you, you should be compensated. I think you have managed a fair result in the circumstances. By waiting the extra 5 or 6 weeks you will end up with a much better specified car at no additional cost.
Well done, good luck with the new car when it arrives.
      12-19-2015, 11:59 AM   #8
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT 330D M Sport Plus

Quote:

Yes sounds like a result.