F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Production Timeline Info
GetBMWParts

09-17-2014, 07:17 AM   #1
DocB
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Production Timeline Info

Does anyone know if there is a number that you can call to obtain information regarding the timeline of new builds? I have had a 435GC on order now for 3 weeks and the BMW website only says that the order has been received. I have a production number but not a VIN #. I see many on this site that place an order and seem to know right away their expected production and delivery dates.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
cashewnut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Does anyone know if there is a number that you can call to obtain information regarding the timeline of new builds? I have had a 435GC on order now for 3 weeks and the BMW website only says that the order has been received. I have a production number but not a VIN #. I see many on this site that place an order and seem to know right away their expected production and delivery dates.
Speak to a live person on the 1-800 number, or your dealer, and ask for the "production week". All accepted orders that haven't yet entered production have an estimated production week on when production is scheduled to start at the factory. It will be a number like 37, 38, which indicates the week of the year it's supposed to start. That's the only prediction you can get before production starts, you can't tell the exact day.
Appreciate 0