F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Just got my new 435! Few questions
Studio RSR

06-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
KMANUEL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: varies

Just got my new 435! Few questions

Hello!

I just picked up a 435xi yesterday.

Mineral Grey / Black
Executive Package
Premium Package
M Performance Package (Adaptive M Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, etc)
M Performance Package II ( M Power Kit & M Performance Exhaust)
Connected Drive Package
Park Assistant

I'm just getting used to the car and its a blast to drive but I had a couple of questions.

1) Is there any way to make the performance exhaust sound the same on all modes (ECO PRO, COMFORT, SPORT) I noticed that the exhaust sounds significantly better when in sport or sport+.

2) Since I have the MPPK, my sport gauges should read 400 for HP and 400 for TQ; it still says 320. Is this something that should be fixed by the dealer?

3) New iDrive-
How do you guys get it to read your e-mail and texts when its connected via bluetooth? Is that even possible?

I have traffic info, does the navigation system automatically route based on traffic?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

Do you have the auto or manual box?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #3
KMANUEL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Auto
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Congrats. I just got mine 3 weeks ago. As for messages, if there's a way connected with iPhone I don't know as I haven't found it yet. As for the NAV and RTTI, you set the route and it shows you the traffic issues if there are any and it will tell you the delay and if it recommends an alternate route.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

1) No. By the way, after installing MPPK mine sounds almost the same in all programs... Are you sure they installed MPPK correctly?
2) As a matter of fact, if you don't see in your sport gauges the new levels of power and torque I think that something went wrong with the installation! Did you notice a remarkable increase in performance? Because new MPPK gives a noticeable increase in power
3) It's my problem. The reason is that maybe you (like me) didn't buy a particolare option concerning BT extended functions... I'm sorry

PS enjoy!!!!
      06-08-2014, 12:44 PM   #6
KMANUEL
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
1) No. By the way, after installing MPPK mine sounds almost the same in all programs... Are you sure they installed MPPK correctly?
2) As a matter of fact, if you don't see in your sport gauges the new levels of power and torque I think that something went wrong with the installation! Did you notice a remarkable increase in performance? Because new MPPK gives a noticeable increase in power
3) It's my problem. The reason is that maybe you (like me) didn't buy a particolare option concerning BT extended functions... I'm sorry

PS enjoy!!!!
Hey,

The MPPK and the MPE was installed in Germany, it was a package option on the car called M Performance Package II - nothing aftermarket.

Is something going on?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
Gio72
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMANUEL View Post
Hey,

The MPPK and the MPE was installed in Germany, it was a package option on the car called M Performance Package II - nothing aftermarket.

Is something going on?
Oh... So you've got the same MPE version of mine, the UE version (code product ending with "339"): terrible... It's sounds like stock or just a bit more... Money wasted for me! The US version (ending with "340") sounds deeper and louder
Anyway, your sport gauges must visualize increased power (400ps) and torque (480nm). Otherwise, maybe something went wrong with the installation.
      06-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Gio72
Captain
Rep

PS all products by BMW M Performance are after-market installation! Even if you ordered them with the car: it's always the dealer who installs them after reciveing the car
      06-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #9
Halsifer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS7

Quote:
1) Is there any way to make the performance exhaust sound the same on all modes (ECO PRO, COMFORT, SPORT) I noticed that the exhaust sounds significantly better when in sport or sport+.

2) Since I have the MPPK, my sport gauges should read 400 for HP and 400 for TQ; it still says 320. Is this something that should be fixed by the dealer?

3) New iDrive-
How do you guys get it to read your e-mail and texts when its connected via bluetooth? Is that even possible?

I have traffic info, does the navigation system automatically route based on traffic?

Thanks!
To answer your questions:
1. Nope, Sport Mode is the only way to get the more aggressive exhaust sounds. (Engine down rev burble, Sport Auto Shift grunt, etc.)

2. Sounds like an improper install, take back to the dealer, it's their fault and they should fix it.

3. If you have an iPhone, open Settings in your iPhone, go to bluetooth, hit the little blue arrow or blue (i) next to your BMW connection, and turn on "Show Notifications". That will allow you to read iPhone messages from the car. Emails work sometimes, you have to close the Mail app once you step in the car in order for it to work. I have no idea about Androids though.

4. In your Navigation, go to Route Preferences and turn on Dynamic Guidance. That will change your route based on traffic situations actively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warmtoes View Post
Congrats. I just got mine 3 weeks ago. As for messages, if there's a way connected with iPhone I don't know as I haven't found it yet. As for the NAV and RTTI, you set the route and it shows you the traffic issues if there are any and it will tell you the delay and if it recommends an alternate route.
Try what I said above for your iPhone, it should work.
2014 BMW 335i xDrive M-Sport [Sold]
2010 Audi A6 3.0T [Sold]
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
simarddominic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435i XDrive M Sport MPPK+MPE

Mine (435 with M pack. I & II) will be here at the end of the month.

It don't have navigation than it will not have the sport display with HP an TQ.

How I will know that my MPPK is correctly installed ???
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 12:00 AM   #11
Gio72
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post
1. Nope, Sport Mode is the only way to get the more aggressive exhaust sounds. (Engine down rev burble, Sport Auto Shift grunt, etc.)

2. Sounds like an improper install, take back to the dealer, it's their fault and they should fix it.

3. If you have an iPhone, open Settings in your iPhone, go to bluetooth, hit the little blue arrow or blue (i) next to your BMW connection, and turn on "Show Notifications". That will allow you to read iPhone messages from the car. Emails work sometimes, you have to close the Mail app once you step in the car in order for it to work. I have no idea about Androids though.

4. In your Navigation, go to Route Preferences and turn on Dynamic Guidance. That will change your route based on traffic situations actively.

3. If you don't have the optional "BT extended functions" (or something like that) you won't have "show notifications" button....
      06-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #12
Gio72
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simarddominic View Post
Mine (435 with M pack. I & II) will be here at the end of the month.

It don't have navigation than it will not have the sport display with HP an TQ.

How I will know that my MPPK is correctly installed ???
You can check (after break-in period, of course) your accelerations time 100/200kmh: if it takes 13" approx the MPPK is NOT installed
      06-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #13
warmtoes
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: EBII 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsifer View Post

Thanks, I'll give it a try later.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #14
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Hello!

I just picked up a 435xi yesterday.

Mineral Grey / Black
Executive Package
Premium Package
M Performance Package (Adaptive M Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, etc)
M Performance Package II ( M Power Kit & M Performance Exhaust)
Connected Drive Package
Park Assistant

I'm just getting used to the car and its a blast to drive but I had a couple of questions.

Thanks!
YES, there is!
NEVER use ECO "PRO", and use comfort sparingly.

You bought a 435i Msport. Drive it in the SPORT modes.

You're welcome.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #15
BimmerBoomer
demoted
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi S5 Sportback

Check your engine cover...

And your air box. Your car is practically the twin of mine. My car was shipped without the MPPK installed and the dealer missed it. If you don't have the M Performance engine cover, the MPPK has not been installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #16
KMANUEL
Enlisted Member
Rep

I have the engine cover; but not the sport display! I emailed my SA with the issue. Will keep you updated. I suspect an improper software tune; I feel as if they installed the intake and engine cover & exhaust- but not the software tune haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 04:45 PM   #17
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
You can check (after break-in period, of course) your accelerations time 100/200kmh: if it takes 13" approx the MPPK is NOT installed
Gio72...what time should we be looking for 100-200 kmh if we DO have the MPPK? I'm kind of in the same position (no Nav, so no power gauges). Also, do you simply mash the pedal when traveling at 100 kmh? Or....do you select a certain gear and/or mode?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #18
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #19
Gio72
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nerd View Post
Gio72...what time should we be looking for 100-200 kmh if we DO have the MPPK? I'm kind of in the same position (no Nav, so no power gauges). Also, do you simply mash the pedal when traveling at 100 kmh? Or....do you select a certain gear and/or mode?
Here's a video of my 435i MPPK on German highway: 100/200kmh in 11" vs 13" stock
      06-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #20
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats !!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #21
The Nerd
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Here's a video of my 435i MPPK on German highway: 100/200kmh in 11" vs 13" stock
Thanks for the info Gio72. Out of curiosity....is there an "unwritten" rule (or maybe its written somewhere) regarding posts pertaining to breaking the speed limit? I ask because your suggestion of testing my MPPK has me accelerating from approx. 62 mph to 124 mph in 11 seconds. I'm fine with your suggestion and grateful for your advice.....but a few days ago, I posted something about having fun with an S4 on the highway. In my post, I mentioned that I let off at 120mph (trust me, I RARELY do anything dangerous like that on the highway), and everyone got all huffy and puffy about the fact I went 120 on a highway. In fact, everyone dwelled on my speed instead of my anecdotal story about out-accelerating an S4.....in fact the post got deleted. Why??

No offense....but why aren't people getting their panties in a bunch about you suggesting to me (I live in the US) that I run my car from 62-124?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #22
Lost Horizon
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 435 MPPK+1970 XKE OTS

Quote:
Hey,

Is something going on?
Ah... no... The install for the packages are done at Port post unloading in Halifax, or at your dealer. My guess is that the PPK is not installed, as it will definitely show as 400x400 on the gauges.. Are you sure you even have the Exhaust upgrade?

Sounds like BMW owes you...