F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canadian F30
proTUNING Freaks

04-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #177
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335rwd Dinan S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post

Work your way UP from the invoice price and NOT down from MSRP!
True that.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #178
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
Thank you, that is very helpful.

I am led to understand (by the dealer) that perhaps when my car arrives I can have the passive suspension fitted at the dealership for the same $400. Is that true?
I wouldn/t know, but understanding the standard hourly rate for service, I'd be surprised if they would change your springs for stiffer ones, adjust the shock dampening and lower the body for $400. Let us know how it works out for you.
So far the dealer is working with BMW Canada to see about ordering me the sport suspension to be installed at the dealer. Dealer is under the impression that sport suspension is just springs and nothing else. Can anyone confirm if it requires different shocks etc.?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #179
Wild M
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M SuperCharged

Garage List
On another subject, I'm still trying to figure out if BMW mobile apps like 'My BMW remote' work in Canada. One of its functions is to remotely lock or unlock your car. There is info on the BMW US site about this but nothing on the Canadian site.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #180
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild M View Post
On another subject, I'm still trying to figure out if BMW mobile apps like 'My BMW remote' work in Canada. One of its functions is to remotely lock or unlock your car. There is info on the BMW US site about this but nothing on the Canadian site.
Amazing how little the dealers seem to know considering that they're wanting us to buy $60-$70k cars from them eh....
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #181
Raspartan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds View Post
Amazing how little the dealers seem to know considering that they're wanting us to buy $60-$70k cars from them eh....
In fairness the car is new to everyone, but I would have hoped that the dealers would have received some kind of advance training or familiarization. Instead I found that the resources and average level of fanaticism on this forum seem to exceed that of the sales people. Perhaps not surprising and it's a situation that is bound to get better.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #182
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

@ Jtuds:

Yeh ur rite!

I called my dealer today regarding the sport suspension and he's like it's an extra $450 option.

I was thinking is it $450 or $400 for the passive suspension?

I mean it's like only $50 but considering the overall price tag of the car, I don't want to pay anything extra. Even if it's only $50...

I'm considering a luxury line now. I might as well get the luxury line with the saddle brown interior and then do the mods when I get the car. At least I'll save $1900 by not going for the sport line...

Decisions, decisions and more decisions...
      04-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #183
Photoman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30, 2013 E70

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
2012 BMW 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
@ Jtuds:

Yeh ur rite!

I called my dealer today regarding the sport suspension and he's like it's an extra $450 option.

I mean it's like only $50 but considering the overall price tag of the car, I don't want to pay anything extra. Even if it's only $50...

I'm considering a luxury line now. I might as well get the luxury line with the saddle brown interior and then do the mods when I get the car. At least I'll save $1900 by not going for the sport line...

Agreed... I only got luxury line so i could get the saddle brown leather.
Will be upgrading the stock rims... see my Photoshop below.
I'm going to be trying multiple combos to see which I like best.

04-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #184
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007
So far the dealer is working with BMW Canada to see about ordering me the sport suspension to be installed at the dealer. Dealer is under the impression that sport suspension is just springs and nothing else. Can anyone confirm if it requires different shocks etc.?
Pretty sure the shocks/struts/dampers/stabilisers (among other things) are different for M Sport Suspension over standard. I don't think it's just springs.

In fact, the two M Sport suspension options (passive and adaptive) appear to have more in common with each other than either of them do with the standard set-up. You can see the parts breakdown here:

http://realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?mo...12&hg=31&fg=10
http://realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?mo...12&hg=33&fg=45

I'm no expert though so hopefully someone can confirm for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #185
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoman
Quote:
@ Jtuds:

Yeh ur rite!

Agreed... I only got luxury line so i could get the saddle brown leather.
Will be upgrading the stock rims... see my Photoshop below.
I'm going to be trying multiple combos to see which I like best.

Do u plan on lowering your car too?

The rims look awesome and I'm leaning towards doing the same. I'll keep the stock rims for my winter tires and get new rims for the summer. And I get Saddle Brown...

But the Sport Line stock rims are really cool plus with the sport suspension the car is already lowered but then I get the boring interior choices...

Basically the difference is interior of luxury vs interior of sport...and if I go with luxury, I'll have to spend some money once I get the car but with sport line, I won't have to spend anything once the car arrives...

See what I'm going through guys...
      04-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #186
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
^ Maz, just imagine yourself rolling in one car and coming to a stop..... and then your other "pick" for a car stops next to you.

In which one would you regret not getting the other one?

Make your 'favorite' pick, there's no perfect one. That's because more than one setup looks good/ is appealing on the F30.

p.s. I was having a hard time with colors, etc., on my E92M currently on order. Until I did the "spotlight" test in my head.
      04-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #187
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving
Quote:
^ Maz, just imagine yourself rolling in one car and coming to a stop..... and then your other "pick" for a car stops next to you.

In which one would you regret not getting the other one?

Make your 'favorite' pick, there's no perfect one. That's because more than one setup looks good/ is appealing on the F30.

p.s. I was having a hard time with colors, etc., on my E92M currently on order. Until I did the "spotlight" test in my head.
Hey Julie,

Thanks. That's actually a cool way of looking at it; and it worked!

I realized if I go with the luxury line I get the interior of my choice. I can always change the rims and get something that would appeal slightly more but the bottom line is, I get the interior of my choice. So I'm going to be happy sitting in it every time I go out!!! The exterior can always be modified but NOT the interior. This is a huge factor for me...

I don't have to spend $1500 for the Sport line; in fact $1900 with the sport suspension. So this is a huge savings which I can spend later on the exterior once I pick up my car.

This actually works and I now feel very clear on what to order.

Thanks a lot Julie!!! I guess I'll order the luxury line in the next few weeks!
      04-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #188
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspartan View Post
In fairness the car is new to everyone, but I would have hoped that the dealers would have received some kind of advance training or familiarization. Instead I found that the resources and average level of fanaticism on this forum seem to exceed that of the sales people. Perhaps not surprising and it's a situation that is bound to get better.
Therein lies the problem. Maybe it's just me, but I hate reading an article about the NFL/NHL by someone who's never been there and done that just like I hate surrendering thousands of dollars to someone who's not as enthusiastic about the product as me.....who's not all-in as a real car guy. To me it has an air of "I'm only doing this because it's my job" about it. It's a credibility issue to me...both examples.

The only way I'm ok with that is if it gives me some sort of advantage in negotiations, which isn't the case because we all know there's someone in another office pulling the strings.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #189
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Just want to let you guys know about the M Performance Product pricing:

Carbon side mirrors: $420 each
Carbon Spoiler: $600
Carbon Kidney Grills: $80 each
Brakes: $2400

This is as per BMW of Mississauga!

I just can't digest $2400 for the brakes. I'm very dissapointed!
      04-18-2012, 09:14 PM   #190
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for the info Maz. I can't say I'm surprised.

Did they know the pricing for the M Performance suspension? I'm wondering about that one too.
      04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #191
Ashbmw
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435 xdrive

Garage List
thanks maz335i.. was it Alvin who gave you this pricing? I ordered the grills last week still waiting to hear back from them.

very true the brakes price is bit too much.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #192
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

If a person was to buy the M performance products for a 335i, especially the brakes, and a few other pieces, they'd be in M3 range....I don't get why BMW puts people who want a few performance parts into a postion to decide on a completely different car.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #193
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:

This is the service department's estimate based on the 2011 pricing for these parts, right? Because the 2012 M performance parts are not yet available or priced.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #194
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuds
Quote:

This is the service department's estimate based on the 2011 pricing for these parts, right? Because the 2012 M performance parts are not yet available or priced.
Correct!

Obviously if there are any changes between 2011 and 2012 pricing, it's going to be an increase.

I agree, this is M3 category! Why get a 335i when you can spend a little more and get the super machine!
      04-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #195
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving
Quote:

Thanks for the info Maz. I can't say I'm surprised.

Did they know the pricing for the M Performance suspension? I'm wondering about that one too.
Hey Julie,

I asked the guy and he's like there's no availability on the suspension for now. No pricing either!
      04-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #196
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbmw
thanks maz335i.. was it Alvin who gave you this pricing? I ordered the grills last week still waiting to hear back from them.

very true the brakes price is bit too much.
Hey Bud,

Nope, its not Alvin.

Yeh he's like I'm better off waiting for the M Sports package which will be available in July.

My car, fully loaded 328i is already coming out to $60K with taxes in. If I wanted a 335i instead, it would be close to $65K - $70K. This is so close to the M3...

...and I haven't included the M Sport package pricing on either of the quotes!
      04-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #197
jtuds
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Correct!

Obviously if there are any changes between 2011 and 2012 pricing, it's going to be an increase.

I agree, this is M3 category! Why get a 335i when you can spend a little more and get the super machine!
This is what's so confusing. I know they dont care as long as they well you a BMW but still, the 3 series in the bread and butter and BMW is pricing it in a way that has people looking at the possibility of an M3 or a 5-series. I don't see that logic.

You don't Chevy or Ford pricing the Camaro or Mustag so high that people are saying "I might as well get the ZL1/Boss 302"...because if peopel want those they are willing to fork out a lot of extra dough. No C-class or IS is anywhere near approaching C63 or ISF dollars.

I just don't get it. It's more BMW Canada than USA, but to me they're putting themselves into a conflict between thir own models.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #198
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

@JTUDS

I feel your frustration buddy!

So what have you decided? I'm also in between. I just got a good deal but it's on a lease. I'm thinking whether I should lease or not? Never done it before!

I'm also thinking of waiting for the 2013 model instead. If I place an order, it's going to be in May or June so I might as well wait an extra month and get the 2013 model.

Let's see...Mercedes is offering awesome rates for this Saturday and Sunday only and Audi is quite low too. I wish BMW would just look around and adjust accordingly. :