F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 435i GC MPPK, looking to mod it, need help, im new to this
Extreme Powerhouse

12-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
drskmd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435i GC

435i GC MPPK, looking to mod it, need help, im new to this

Hey all,

I have a 435i GC Carbon Black MPPK/MPE/Diffuser/M-sport line/DHP/Black kidney grills on the way....estimated build 2/13/15 for South Carolina pickup.

Im looking to mod, it will be my first time modding. Ive read the the possible choices are the following

1. Juice Box 4 - Stage Two - $Price: $ 529.95

source: http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?par...FUwS7AodPDUARg

2. DINANTRONICS™ Performance Tuner Stage 1 for BMW F32 F33 F36 435i (MPPK) $2000

source: http://dinancars.com/product/d440-16...ries&mid=1219/

3. Can you stack MPPK + JB4 + Dinan?
4. I see you can stack MPPK + Dinan
5. Can you stack MPPK + JB4 only?
6. Does JB4 void warranty?

7. Im also thinking of adding the DINAN® Shockware – EDC Suspension Tuning for BMW F32/F33/F36 435I, its $400

I still got time to think about it....im no expert, please assist.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #2
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by drskmd View Post
Hey all,

I have a 435i GC Carbon Black MPPK/MPE/Diffuser/M-sport line/DHP/Black kidney grills on the way....estimated build 2/13/15 for South Carolina pickup.

Im looking to mod, it will be my first time modding. Ive read the the possible choices are the following

1. Juice Box 4 - Stage Two - $Price: $ 529.95

source: http://www.bavauto.com/fland.asp?par...FUwS7AodPDUARg

2. DINANTRONICS™ Performance Tuner Stage 1 for BMW F32 F33 F36 435i (MPPK) $2000

source: http://dinancars.com/product/d440-16...ries&mid=1219/

3. Can you stack MPPK + JB4 + Dinan?
4. I see you can stack MPPK + Dinan
5. Can you stack MPPK + JB4 only?
6. Does JB4 void warranty?

7. Im also thinking of adding the DINAN® Shockware – EDC Suspension Tuning for BMW F32/F33/F36 435I, its $400

I still got time to think about it....im no expert, please assist.
Lots of various questions here. I can't speak for the Burger product obviously but I can answer a few of the general questions. I'm guessing you are going through Reeve's in Tampa? They will be able to answer most of these questions as well...

I will first say that both tuning solutions are great mods and each has their own set of benefits / weaknesses. Obviously I bat for one team so I may be a bit biased so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

1.) JB4 and Dinan do not stack.
2.) MPPK and Dinan stack and you do get an increase of torque stacking them. MPPK and the JB4 don't necessarily stack in the same way meaning a 435 with and without MPPK arrive at the same end performance number. The 2 are not distinguished from one another. Correct me if I am wrong here Mike but that is how I understand it.
3.) The JB4 and the Dinan both technically void the warranty. The difference is Dinan offers a parallel warranty to the manufacturers new car warranty that will cover you in the event of something failing as a result of the tune.
4.) Shockware is a great add-on (particularly with the 435 which is incredible soft suspension wise in my opinion). I still would recommend driving the car without the shockware for a bit to see what exactly you want to improve. Shockware may solve your desires, or if you want the car lowered as well for even more reduced body roll you may be better off with just doing new springs or a combination of both. Regardless, drive the stock car first so you have a basis on what you want to change handling wise, and then go from there.

In general, the community on these forums, I am sure will help you decide which option is best for you. There are numerous threads discussing the virtues and pitfalls of both and even direct comparisons so the information you may want to know is here. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Terry says the JB4 and MPPK don't stack at all. Obviously they do, because a few guys are running both, but what exactly happens, I have no idea.

Apparently when on MAP 0 you're at regular MPPK power, and it goes up from there. I would guess that the power curves would be very similar to the Dinantronics, since both basically do the same thing (increase boost and timing). I would be very reluctant to stack the JB4 and MPPK though, simply because I wouldn't know what was going on with the timing in the piggyback unit. Since the MPPK advances it already, advancing it further could lead to some nasty surprises.

Plus, with it splicing into the CAN wires, removing it for service gets messy. Every time you install and remove it, you're piercing the 2 wires. Each hole is a possible short circuit when its removed. Thats an instant warranty killer. Mag-Moss can help you with a lot of things, but if you short out the computer with a piggyback, no law is gonna help you.

At this point in time, I think the Dinantronics is probably a smarter way to go, especially if its a lease or your dealer isn't mod friendly. That could change if Burger comes up with a better way to get into the CANBus, like they have for the N54.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #4
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

How come no one is considering the ECU Tuning Kit?
      12-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp_Cai View Post
How come no one is considering the ECU Tuning Kit?
He already has it ordered. Thats what MPPK is, M Performance Power Kit.
Appreciate 0