F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 2012 335is or 2012 335i?
ARMA SPEED

09-17-2015, 07:56 AM   #23
mediapimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Yeah, I know this is the wrong section of the forum. I've learned a lot since getting the car!

So it's been a slightly bumpy road these last 3 weeks since getting the car.

The first week, the charge pipe blew at the throttle body. Thankfully the car is still under warranty, so I took it to BMW. Got a new charge pipe and also had them fix a few other minor things. Ended up getting new brake pads, rotors & sensors on the dealer's dime as well!

Then last week, someone door dinged me in the worst possible place (see pic). It was right on the rear wheel arch through the middle of the body line. I took it to a paintless dent repair place and they minimized it a little but couldn't get it out. They also noticed that the same wheel arch area was damaged from a different incident. The whole front part of the wheel arch is pushed in slightly and bowed out at the top. I can't believe I never noticed it and wish they never pointed it out as now it's driving me nuts. I'm going to take it to another paintless dent place and get another opinion. If they can't do anything, I guess I need to decide if I can live with it or pay a body shop to fix all of it.

I know these are relatively minor issues, but my perfectionist nature is getting the best of me!

But aside from all that, I really do love the car and am happy with my purchase.

I've already replaced the orange reflectors on the front fender with paint matched ones and got the car tinted. I've ordered an aftermarket charge pipe and will be getting the Cobb AP soon.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in to help me make my purchase decision! See you in the e90 forums!

Here are a few pics the day I got it (other than the ding of course)!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #24
BRBM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediapimp View Post
Yeah, I know this is the wrong section of the forum. I've learned a lot since getting the car!

So it's been a slightly bumpy road these last 3 weeks since getting the car.

The first week, the charge pipe blew at the throttle body. Thankfully the car is still under warranty, so I took it to BMW. Got a new charge pipe and also had them fix a few other minor things. Ended up getting new brake pads, rotors & sensors on the dealer's dime as well!

Then last week, someone door dinged me in the worst possible place (see pic). It was right on the rear wheel arch through the middle of the body line. I took it to a paintless dent repair place and they minimized it a little but couldn't get it out. They also noticed that the same wheel arch area was damaged from a different incident. The whole front part of the wheel arch is pushed in slightly and bowed out at the top. I can't believe I never noticed it and wish they never pointed it out as now it's driving me nuts. I'm going to take it to another paintless dent place and get another opinion. If they can't do anything, I guess I need to decide if I can live with it or pay a body shop to fix all of it.

I know these are relatively minor issues, but my perfectionist nature is getting the best of me!

But aside from all that, I really do love the car and am happy with my purchase.

I've already replaced the orange reflectors on the front fender with paint matched ones and got the car tinted. I've ordered an aftermarket charge pipe and will be getting the Cobb AP soon.

Thanks again to everyone who chimed in to help me make my purchase decision! See you in the e90 forums!

Here are a few pics the day I got it (other than the ding of course)!
Sweet! Glad you're happy..........door dings notwithstanding. They tend to &%$#ing piss me off, too, but I've learned to let go & just fix 'em or live with 'em. Just no controlling idiots that don't care about your - and probably their own........frickin' property. Punk asses.

Ain't nothing wrong with your nature, so mod on, Pimp.

You're good to go on the warrantied stuff. Got your front fender clear corners. Your tinted widnows, as well. Wheels look great; no need to replace them unless you'd like to.

So, while we may all love what we have, we're still jealous of the 'is'. Respect!

Stay safe and enjoy the ride. (You guys got those 85 mph highway stretches in Texas, dontchu? Aw man!)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2015, 01:15 PM   #25
mediapimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Thanks BRBM!

Yeah, we've got some fairly liberal speed limits in places out here. It's pretty nice!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2015, 10:51 PM   #26
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Congrats on your 335is i cant stop looking at it!

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0