F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Taking a look at this '13 335i tomorrow, thoughts? Recommendations? Input?
GetBMWParts

07-31-2015, 04:51 PM   #1
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Cool Taking a look at this '13 335i tomorrow, thoughts? Recommendations? Input?

New to the board, looking to become a full card-carrying member very soon.

I'm heading down tomorrow morning to take a look at this beaut:

http://www.autoconnectionseast.net/3...-M-Sport-Sedan

Is there anything I should be on the look out for when driving or visually inspecting it?

Price, to me, seems a bit high for west coast, specifically when comparing to CA. But the gap narrows quite a bit when I factor in shipping to WA state. Either way, will see where they're at in terms of willingness to deal.

Thanks in advance!

***EDIT***

Trigger has been pulled on this beaut:

https://www.beepi.com/Buy/bmw/3-seri...3A9C51DF477087

She was posted here in the classifieds as a lease takeover. Seller ran out of time, and listed it with Beepi. Solid price and free delivery.

M Sport Package
Technology Package
Premium Package

And, the M Performance Power Kit

Last edited by codeyf; 08-08-2015 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 05:08 PM   #2
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeyf View Post

Is there anything I should be on the look out for when driving or visually inspecting it?

Price, to me, seems a bit high for west coast, specifically when comparing to CA. But the gap narrows quite a bit when I factor in shipping to WA state. Either way, will see where they're at in terms of willingness to deal.

Thanks in advance!

The price does seem high, especially since its not a BMW Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle.

I checked cars.com and found a 2013 335 m-sport for $39k with less miles. So, you should negotiate hard on price so you can get a proper extended warranty. I just checked 250 miles around the Seattle area. If you are willing to fetch it or have it shipped, there are many more 335 CPO cars from which to choose.

Good luck!

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1573/overview/
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Also, did you test drive a 328i m-sport? The engine sound is not the same but it is plenty fast for most. If not, at least test drive one before you make your choice. The N55 is a great engine, but the N20 is also amazing and you will find a much larger selection and lower pricing. Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Also, did you test drive a 328i m-sport? The engine sound is not the same but it is plenty fast for most. If not, at least test drive one before you make your choice. The N55 is a great engine, but the N20 is also amazing and you will find a much larger selection and lower pricing. Just a thought.
I did not, and I am hesitant to. While it'd still be an overall upgrade car-wise, I can't help but feel like it'd be a downgrade from my current 3.5L 280hp V6.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #5
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
I did not, and I am hesitant to. While it'd still be an overall upgrade car-wise, I can't help but feel like it'd be a downgrade from my current 3.5L 280hp V6.
The n20 dynos about 240hp and 250tq, that means the power at the rear wheels, the 3.5 v6 would be lucky to dyno anywhere near that much tq. As an example, the Subaru sti with its "300" hp dynos about the same hp and slightly less tq. Not only that, but the tq is available at super low rpm, compared to having to wring the v6 up to 5000rpm. I think you'd be fine. The Japanese are falling behind due to their resistance to turbocharged engines (ironic given the history). Even Cadillac and Gm get it, with their 2.0 turbo engine being a better and more torque rich engine than the v6 option.

Last edited by RM7; 07-31-2015 at 06:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2015, 06:11 PM   #6
phoshizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2012 328i white coupe

definitely ask for the history of the car. salvaged title? etc
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoshizzle View Post
definitely ask for the history of the car. salvaged title? etc
Title is clean, have checked in to that (also linked in their listing).

That being said, they're not willing to move on the price at all apparently. Even though they've had it for at least 3 weeks, and dropped it once by $1k.

I offered just shy of $41k in cash/trade ($35k + $5.7k). They came back saying it needed to be $38k + trade. Considering sales tax here is a terrible 9.5%, plus registration, they maybe came off a couple hundred bucks.

For $43-44k gross, I can get a Cali CPO shipped to me, and have money left over.

The search continues.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Msport 13 335is are best left alone. I had one which BMW helped me replace with a 14 a year ago. 13 msports were the first F30 msports and they are different from the other lines.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 10:24 PM   #9
Portimao Blues
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Title is clean, have checked in to that (also linked in their listing).

That being said, they're not willing to move on the price at all apparently. Even though they've had it for at least 3 weeks, and dropped it once by $1k.

I offered just shy of $41k in cash/trade ($35k + $5.7k). They came back saying it needed to be $38k + trade. Considering sales tax here is a terrible 9.5%, plus registration, they maybe came off a couple hundred bucks.

For $43-44k gross, I can get a Cali CPO shipped to me, and have money left over.

The search continues.
At that price, that car is gonna sit on the lot. If you can't find anything comparable, go back at the end of August and make another offer. You should be under $40k all-in.
2021 M340i xDrive Sedan | Portimao Blue Metallic | Cognac Vernasca Leather | Maple Matte Finish Wood Trim | 19-Inch 792M Wheels | Red Brake Calipers | Premium Package | Driving Assistance Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman/Kardon Surround Sound | Painted Rear Spoiler (Z50)
2014 335i xDrive Sedan | M-Sport | Estoril Blue Metallic | Venetian Beige Leather (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #10
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Blues View Post
At that price, that car is gonna sit on the lot. If you can't find anything comparable, go back at the end of August and make another offer. You should be under $40k all-in.
Yeah, it's been sitting for about a month, if not longer as it is. Was at $41k before they dropped it just over a week ago. If it was AW with all packages, I'd consider stretching the budget. But for this one, nah.

I like the EB, but AW is actually my first choice.

Thanks much for the input guys.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 01:31 AM   #11
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Definitely can get a better deal...

I got a 13 335i with the same specs except 6MT for 39k at 9k miles back in May before the 340i was released.

Wouldn't be surprised to get something like that for 37k
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 09:05 AM   #12
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
+1

There are a lot 3-series out there so I'd suggest keep looking.

This is one reason I gave up buying and went to leasing. As a previous seller of a 3-series I thought I'd have better luck getting more value out of selling a half bag of opened potato chips. Blue, Red, Blackbook or whatever used car buying guide used, buyer's moto was 'cut the price to ribbons'. Take it to the dealer? Saw one offer $4500 for a 2003 M3 in great condition. I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud.

I had heard of a potential issue with California cars and out of state buyers. Someone mentioned even out of state buyers had to pay CA state tax and could get it back in a refund. Guess what they never got back? I'd ask about that.

Have you tried Ebay? Not always stellar pricing but lots of feedback.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #13
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menncars View Post
+1

There are a lot 3-series out there so I'd suggest keep looking.

This is one reason I gave up buying and went to leasing. As a previous seller of a 3-series I thought I'd have better luck getting more value out of selling a half bag of opened potato chips. Blue, Red, Blackbook or whatever used car buying guide used, buyer's moto was 'cut the price to ribbons'. Take it to the dealer? Saw one offer $4500 for a 2003 M3 in great condition. I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud.

I had heard of a potential issue with California cars and out of state buyers. Someone mentioned even out of state buyers had to pay CA state tax and could get it back in a refund. Guess what they never got back? I'd ask about that.

Have you tried Ebay? Not always stellar pricing but lots of feedback.

Good luck.

I have been watching eBay, and there is a nice silver Sportline with the 19" M Sport wheels on everest gray interior that looks pretty sharp. Oddly enough, the online inventory, as well as my local, is a bit on the low side right now. Unless I want black on black, in which case there are 4-5.

The deal with Cali cars is, if it is driven on CA roads at all, you have to pay CA sales tax. So if I want to buy a 1 way ticket for a couple hundo, and spend the 17 hours driving home, in lieu of the ~$1200 shipping, then I'm subject to the 9.5% sales tax.

THEN, when I go to register it here in WA, I will be subject to the WA sales tax, which is ANOTHER 9.5%. So, double whammy.

Long Beach has a AW on black M Sport CPO for $37k, but it's missing both Premium and Cold Weather packages. I'd be ok if it were one or the other, but don't want to settle for neither.

First world problems, for sure! I'm sure I'll be posting here as a new driver within the month, so not losing too much sleep over it.

There is actually a REALLY nice one in the member classifieds, for lease take over / buyout. I've responded to the thread a couple times, as well as direct through their CL ad which I found, but no response.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 03:10 PM   #14
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Alright, arranging to have a friend that is local to this give it a discerning once over:

http://www.cotroneoautogroup.com/web...exas/23045417/

Has all the packages I'd want, and I'm ok with Sportline in lieu of M Sport. The 403M wheels help ease that compromise quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 05:26 PM   #15
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
The greedy stealers probably got the car from someone for $33k and now trying to rip the next guy off.

OP, have you considered the Beep Inc. (beepi.com)?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #16
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Checked Beep, nothing catching my eye. Might try that for selling the G35 though.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2015, 10:00 PM   #17
Portimao Blues
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive Sedan

Quote:
Alright, arranging to have a friend that is local to this give it a discerning once over:

http://www.cotroneoautogroup.com/web...exas/23045417/

Has all the packages I'd want, and I'm ok with Sportline in lieu of M Sport. The 403M wheels help ease that compromise quite a bit.
I like it! This car looks very clean and in great condition. Silver is one of the easiest colors to maintain. I also love that it has the optional 19-inch rims. If you can get this car for $35,000 or less, do it!
2021 M340i xDrive Sedan | Portimao Blue Metallic | Cognac Vernasca Leather | Maple Matte Finish Wood Trim | 19-Inch 792M Wheels | Red Brake Calipers | Premium Package | Driving Assistance Package | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman/Kardon Surround Sound | Painted Rear Spoiler (Z50)
2014 335i xDrive Sedan | M-Sport | Estoril Blue Metallic | Venetian Beige Leather (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 12:27 AM   #18
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

Damn that's a good price.... Looks like it has all the upgrades...
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 01:09 AM   #19
Gastoys
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BWM 335i M Sport sapphire

Wow! BMW's have the worst resale value, that car lost $20k in 24 months - sad!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 02:31 AM   #20
F48_Driver
First Lieutenant
Rep

That's why I buy used... I thought a got a decent deal few months ago... Guess not lol
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #21
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I have been watching eBay, and there is a nice silver Sportline with the 19" M Sport wheels on everest gray interior that looks pretty sharp. Oddly enough, the online inventory, as well as my local, is a bit on the low side right now. Unless I want black on black, in which case there are 4-5.

The deal with Cali cars is, if it is driven on CA roads at all, you have to pay CA sales tax. So if I want to buy a 1 way ticket for a couple hundo, and spend the 17 hours driving home, in lieu of the ~$1200 shipping, then I'm subject to the 9.5% sales tax.

THEN, when I go to register it here in WA, I will be subject to the WA sales tax, which is ANOTHER 9.5%. So, double whammy.

Long Beach has a AW on black M Sport CPO for $37k, but it's missing both Premium and Cold Weather packages. I'd be ok if it were one or the other, but don't want to settle for neither.

First world problems, for sure! I'm sure I'll be posting here as a new driver within the month, so not losing too much sleep over it.

There is actually a REALLY nice one in the member classifieds, for lease take over / buyout. I've responded to the thread a couple times, as well as direct through their CL ad which I found, but no response.

You wont get hit with double tax. When you go to register your car in WA you will get credit for the sales tax you paid in CA or whatever other state. When I just purchased a car from OR and residing in CA the OR dealer charged me CA sales tax and sent all of the necessary paperwork to the DMV near my house. When I went to the DMV my license plate and reg paperwork was waiting for me.

Check out the link below from the WA Dept of Revenue regarding the tax credit:
http://dor.wa.gov/content/getaformor...evehicles.aspx
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 10:18 PM   #22
codeyf
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
You wont get hit with double tax. When you go to register your car in WA you will get credit for the sales tax you paid in CA or whatever other state. When I just purchased a car from OR and residing in CA the OR dealer charged me CA sales tax and sent all of the necessary paperwork to the DMV near my house. When I went to the DMV my license plate and reg paperwork was waiting for me.

Check out the link below from the WA Dept of Revenue regarding the tax credit:
http://dor.wa.gov/content/getaformor...evehicles.aspx
Ah, interesting. Clearly the CA I was talking to at Long Beach didn't know how thing worked. This changes things!
Appreciate 0