F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 - Folding Mirrors & Take Me Home Lights
ARMA SPEED

11-06-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

F30 - Folding Mirrors & Take Me Home Lights

Hi All,

I have an F30 specced with folding mirrors - when I drove a demo car, the mirrors folded & unfolded when opening and locking the car using the remote.. I can not figure out how to do it....

Secondly, I don't have the visibility pack but that shouldn't have an effect (have xenons anyway) how do I operate the Take Me Home lights... On the E46 & E93 was pretty simple, you just flashed your lights... On the F30?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Alkidrew
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325d M Sport GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA View Post

Secondly, I don't have the visibility pack but that shouldn't have an effect (have xenons anyway) how do I operate the Take Me Home lights... On the E46 & E93 was pretty simple, you just flashed your lights... On the F30?

Thank you
The same, turn off the engine then flash your lights
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkidrew
Quote:

Thank you
The same, turn off the engine then flash your lights
Hmm.. Am sure I've tried that. Btw, when I turn off the engine, the navigation screen stay on, until I exit the car and lock it with the remote.. Possible, the problem is the car not shutting down properly?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #4
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Hmm.. Am sure I've tried that. Btw, when I turn off the engine, the navigation screen stay on, until I exit the car and lock it with the remote.. Possible, the problem is the car not shutting down properly?
They all do this.. It does't bother me anymore.. But if you want everything turned off before you exit, then you need to turn the ignition off by pressing the starter button a second time. Make sure you do this with the car in park (auto) or without the clutch depressed (manual) so that the second push does not simply start the engine again.

Relating this back to the old "turn the key in ignition" days, the first push of the button stops the engine and moves the "key" into accessory mode. The second push moves the key into the "off" position from where you could withdraw it.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #5
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I have an F30 specced with folding mirrors - when I drove a demo car, the mirrors folded & unfolded when opening and locking the car using the remote.. I can not figure out how to do it....
When you lock the car, keep the remote button pressed until the mirrors fold. The windows will raise, also, if they are open.

Quote:
This should occur automatically when you switch off the car and exit. I suggest that you check the settings to see how long the delay is set to keep them on for..

HTH
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #6
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Have you set the follow me home function in Idrive? I seem to recall it's under settings>lights.

The car is switched off in two stages. Press the start stop button once and it turns off the engine. Press it again and it turns off the car's electrics. It's akin to having the 2/3 stages on an old ignition barrel with the first stage allowing you to run the car's electrics without the ignition being primed or the engine running.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Have you set the follow me home function in Idrive? I seem to recall it's under settings>lights.

The car is switched off in two stages. Press the start stop button once and it turns off the engine. Press it again and it turns off the car's electrics. It's akin to having the 2/3 stages on an old ignition barrel with the first stage allowing you to run the car's electrics without the ignition being primed or the engine running.
Wow.. We must have been typing the same thing at the same time.. spooky.. and was I the echo of your post, or was it the other way around..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #8
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Ha ha. Great minds I guess!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 03:02 AM   #9
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Ha ha. Great minds I guess!
I'll have that.. Great minds.. Yes, indeed..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #10
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Haha! Thank you all, the lights issue has been fixed! Guess I was switching off the engine with one press not two.. Just tried it with two presses and the home lights are on!

Just tried the mirrors with holding the key button down for 2 seconds and that has worked too!

Thank you all! Love this forum!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #11
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Through coding you can change the delay to either zero so that the mirrors fold immediately or to 0.2 seconds so anything but the briefest press folds the mirrors.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 01:22 AM   #12
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Through coding you can change the delay to either zero so that the mirrors fold immediately or to 0.2 seconds so anything but the briefest press folds the mirrors.
I would love that Richard, used to have it set like that on my E46 M3, years ago..

Its quite annoying actually having to keep holding the button to fold them.. And if you fold them manually, they won't open with the remote!

Mercs ( He who must not be named ) for years have had the set up of mirrors folding/unfolding with one press of a button. Perhaps one day bmw will catch up..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #13
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I prefer them folding straight away too, that's why I changed mine. It's a great visual indicator the car is locked.
Appreciate 0