F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > White 320d LCI with Supernatural Hybrid Nano
Extreme Powerhouse

09-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
Damocell
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90 M3, Saab V6

White 320d LCI with Supernatural Hybrid Nano

I post on Detailing World and other car forums but on Friday I took delivery of a lovely 320d M Sport LCI in Alpine White. Not only is it my first BMW but it is my first brand new car! I'm over the moon with it!!

Last week Dodo Juice sent me some of their new Supernatural Hybrid Nano wax which contains Si02.... here is a review I put on Detailing World. Hope you like it:

I was lucky enough to receive a sample of Supernatural Hybrid Nano this week so thought I’d give it a go on my new car that arrived yesterday.

The sample was in one of the 30ml pots, great branding and I love the logo/writing

The wax seemed a little grainy

I’m a huge fan of Supernatural Hybrid but have found it a little difficult to use sometimes, maybe it’s to cloths I use, maybe I don’t leave it long enough….who knows

This morning I washed the car and clayed it using a Dodo Juice clay pad and QD, no time to polish it today and as I won’t be able to for a couple of weeks I decided to go straight to LSP. I wanted to test a couple of things one being the filling ability. You’d have thought that a brand new car had no swirls….wrong! The black gloss trim around the doors was the perfect candidate for the test.

I applied it to the trim using a soft applicator, it spread with ease and wasn’t grabby at all.

About 5 minutes later I removed it using a microfiber to leave the following finish

Definitely looks better and the marks have been reduced.

Following this I applied to the whole car….this is the first time I’ve detailed a white car, it was a little difficult to see where I’d been but it spread so easily that it was easy to cover each panel fully.

Shot of Nano on the bonnet

After 10 minutes I removed. A couple of passes and the car looked great, very easy to remove, no grabbiness, great shine, reflections and a glassy finish. Here are the finished shots:

The reflections were pin sharp and the wax seemed to add depth to the paint

Sprayed a little water on the car to check the beading, super tight as expected

A few hours later I used a quick detailer to remove the dust and applied a second coat to the bonnet, roof and boot lid leaving the following finish and reflections

I know in the blurb they say it is a little harder to use than Hybrid but I found the opposite today as it was easier to remove but I guess I ought to reserve judgement until I try it on the wife’s black Audi.

So on solid white it left a very glassy finish, filled minor swirls, gave superb reflections, great beading and was easy to use, almost perfect….just don’t smell it!! Overall very very happy with it, if it beads better than Hybrid it will be my new go to wax.

It has now rained so here are the first beading shots:

Light rain:

Heavier rain

Nice, super tight, tall beads overall really happy with this :thumb:

Any comments/questions welcome

2010 BMW e90 M3 Jerez Black

2006 Saab 9-3 2.8 V6 tuned to 420bhp
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
mcleod52
Private
United_States