F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bluespark Tuning Box Review and Tech info
Studio RSR

01-20-2018, 04:20 AM   #287
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLuKE View Post
Mine has the red dot on the box.

My confusion here is, they list Map 1 and Map 2 twice as you can see.

So unsure, does moving the jumper from 1 to 2 make a difference? Or does the fine tuning jumpers make the difference.

I don’t want to mess with it to much, and then cause a problem.

Luke
As you have the red dot your settings are as per the left description, map 1 for economy and low end torque, map 2 for maximum power.

I’d recommend map 1, then play with the adjustments. No point in position 1 & 2, but 3, 4 or 5 should all be tried.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:35 AM   #288
PLuKE
Private
Rep
Drives: n/a

I just swap between Map 1 and Position 5, and then Map 2 and Postion 5.

Map 2 postion 5 feels slightly better. There seems to be no difference in low end torque between the maps.

I guess Postion 5 is the maximum fine tune/power for the given Map?

The higher model boxes seem easier to understand, and give different gains.

Oddly people don’t try them on maximum fine tune on each different map?

Luke
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #289
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:

Map 2 postion 5 feels slightly better. There seems to be no difference in low end torque between the maps.

Luke
Yes they should both have the same low end torque but map 2 adds extra fuel rail pressure higher up, which should mean more fuel use and shorter life expectancy for the fuel rail and/or injectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #290
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Quote:

Luke
These boxes increase power by increasing rail pressure, whether the cheap CR tech or more expensive Pro version.

I believe the Pro version provides more aggressive states of tune and one of the reasons those of us who ran them previously stayed away from maximum settings was due to fuel cut issues. We all experience instances where the car would cut or limit power due to the box asking too much of the injectors and fuel pump as Teaston alludes to above.

One of many reasons I went for a remap, but you should be ok if you're not pushing things too much.
      02-04-2018, 03:53 PM   #291
PLuKE
Private
Rep
Drives: n/a

Thanks.

I did look at changing it for a CR2 box, or the Pro. But for £90 its working fine, no issues running it on max.

I wouldnt want to have a Pro box, and not having it on full, would seem you are better with a CR1/2 box on max, than a Pro box on medium?

Luke
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #292
Duterte18
Registered
Rep
Drives: 3 series 320d F30 2014

Tuning Box

Hi
I Just want to make a second opinion about this tuning box CHIP TUNING BOX BMW 3 320D 163 cv THEITALIANBOX REMAPPING ECU..does anybody tried this product before? cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #293
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duterte18 View Post
Hi
I Just want to make a second opinion about this tuning box CHIP TUNING BOX BMW 3 320D 163 cv THEITALIANBOX REMAPPING ECU..does anybody tried this product before? cheers
Save your money and either get a DTUK 3 channel box or a proper remap
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 06:47 AM   #294
Dan08
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Can someone help please

BlueSpark box??? https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1618335
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2019, 07:02 AM   #295
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan08 View Post
Can someone help please

All the info is in the thread mate.

In a nutshell, all diesel tuning boxes work by fooling the ECU into increasing fuel rail pressure thereby injecting more fuel into the cylinders. On a diesel, more fuel = more power. The more advanced boxes might alter boost pressure and vary the amount they increase rail pressure at any given point in the Rev range to deliver a smoother tune.

A remap can alter several other parameters, such as injector timing, to achieve increase in power and alter the characteristics of power delivery.

Now that remapping can be done over OBD using a laptop, there's little to recommend a tuning box instead unless you're still under warranty (tuning boxes will be harder to detect, though not impossible) or running a lease car or something.
      05-29-2019, 03:29 PM   #296
Dan08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCH1984 View Post
Quote:
Can someone help please

In a nutshell, all diesel tuning boxes work by fooling the ECU into increasing fuel rail pressure thereby injecting more fuel into the cylinders. On a diesel, more fuel = more power. The more advanced boxes might alter boost pressure and vary the amount they increase rail pressure at any given point in the Rev range to deliver a smoother tune.

A remap can alter several other parameters, such as injector timing, to achieve increase in power and alter the characteristics of power delivery.

Now that remapping can be done over OBD using a laptop, there's little to recommend a tuning box instead unless you're still under warranty (tuning boxes will be harder to detect, though not impossible) or running a lease car or something.
Right okay thank you, well I think I'm more scared that a stage 1 remap may bring problems to the engine etc. That's what's putting me off a remap.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 03:43 AM   #297
KCH1984
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can someone help please

Right okay thank you, well I think I'm more scared that a stage 1 remap may bring problems to the engine etc. That's what's putting me off a remap.
Go with a reputable tuner and you should be fine. If anything, the additional strain a tuning box puts on the fuel pump (as evidenced by some of the fuel cut issues talked about in this thread) is worse than anything a well written remap will give you.

I went tuning box to remap and the engine was definitely a lot happier with the remap. If you're really worried about something going pop, I'd avoid either!
      05-30-2019, 05:12 AM   #298
Dan08
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Can someone help please

Appreciate 0