F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dinantronics Stage 1 being installed Now on my 435i!
Studio RSR

10-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #67
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Why are you getting MPPK if you plan on adding additional tunes / mods ?
A few reasons, the change in the intake (yeah I know not a big difference) and I want to test and see if there's really any notable difference between it and the stock car, and can I live with it (probably not). It's a mod BMW allows / promotes so not a problem in the long term with them and the car. Also as you know there are piggybacks that can stack on the MPPK, so by getting it on the car I don't exclude anything else to boost performance. The negative side of that of course is its cost vs return.

Or perhaps all of that is BS and I just wanted to pay A LOT of money for a couple of cool M Performance stickers to put on my car. I think each sticker generates 10HP to get the 20HP the MPPK is supposed to provide . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch View Post
Why spend all that dough? You've experienced both mppk and Dinan. I'd recommend Dinan stage 2, without the CAI (drop-in filter instead).
Haven't driven on the MPPK yet. Included in purchase, but set to install after I get the car broken in and dyno'd stock. But if I do chose to go with Dinan again they have something for the MPPK so not a problem.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged

Last edited by CIWS; 10-05-2015 at 08:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #68
JNMiller
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword View Post
OP, how was your experience with Momentum BMW with regards to the Dinan purchase and install? Were they knowledgable about the product? Offer a loaner?
Momentum was good. Ask for Delila if you end up there. I waited as they did the install so no loaner needed. They were knowledgeable enough for some but honestly not enough for me. I learned more from a few other people, including on these forums and calling Dinan directly.
Appreciate 0