F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > BMW Center Employee Leasing Question! (New Employee)
GetBMWParts

10-22-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
AMT92
Lieutenant Colonel
Iran
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

BMW Center Employee Leasing Question! (New Employee)

Hi all,

So I just started working at a BMW dealer that is part of PAG (Penske Automotive Group) and I was checking the rates on a 335i for employee leases and I'm told I can get roughly $4500 under invoice with additional incentives. I'd be looking at leasing a 60k MSRP 335i (fully loaded, 2014 if it's still around).

A couple of questions:
1) What month would I receive the best incentives on? November? December? January? I have to wait 3 months to get the car under the pricing, but I can lock in my rate between any of those months.
2) What would invoice typically be? I've heard 8% under MSRP, and I've heard there's no real way to tell.
3) Has anyone done a Employee Lease before? Do you know if there is a contingency stating that if I leave my job my rate will go up?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ?????

with your incentives, your actually better getting a 2015 car. I have a buddy who also worked at a dealership before. he says they give the same incentives for the current year. also when regular customers make negotiations on an older year we get more than $4500 under. your incentives are more for the newer car which is way harder to get $4500 under invoice as you stated. same year models I personally have been offered $1000-$2000 under invoice plus any incentives. so your not really getting any deals on the older years.

the 2014 is already depreciated vs the current 2015 models before you even buy it.

hope that helps you out a bit.

don't let your supervisor/coworker yank you, get the newer year or make an order for one that has the stuff you want on it. youll still get the incentives either way you do it even on the newer years. its your incentive for working there, don't get screwed.

also to boot the 2015 M3 base invoice is only $63,610. (per Edmunds.com)
so if your in the 60k range why not the M3 and its a 2015. with your discount you can get it under $60k.

Last edited by 949; 10-23-2014 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
AMT92
Lieutenant Colonel
Iran
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 949 View Post
with your incentives, your actually better getting a 2015 car. I have a buddy who also worked at a dealership before. he says they give the same incentives for the current year. also when regular customers make negotiations on an older year we get more than $4500 under. your incentives are more for the newer car which is way harder to get $4500 under invoice as you stated. same year models I personally have been offered $1000-$2000 under invoice plus any incentives. so your not really getting any deals on the older years.

the 2014 is already depreciated vs the current 2015 models before you even buy it.

hope that helps you out a bit.

don't let your supervisor/coworker yank you, get the newer year or make an order for one that has the stuff you want on it. youll still get the incentives either way you do it even on the newer years. its your incentive for working there, don't get screwed.

also to boot the 2015 M3 base invoice is only $63,610. (per Edmunds.com)
so if your in the 60k range why not the M3 and its a 2015. with your discount you can get it under $60k.
Thank you so much for that information. I was actually considering a near base M3 after I made this post considering most packages are standard and I can get $6,200 under invoice

Would you happen to know if incentives on newer year models are better in November/December/January? Based off of that I would most likely just order the car that has all the options I want (if they don't have it in inventory....which they probably won't lol).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 11:02 PM   #4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker330i View Post
Thank you so much for that information. I was actually considering a near base M3 after I made this post considering most packages are standard and I can get $6,200 under invoice

Would you happen to know if incentives on newer year models are better in November/December/January? Based off of that I would most likely just order the car that has all the options I want (if they don't have it in inventory....which they probably won't lol).
holy crap batman! $6500.00 off under invoice??!!

dude! pick up a new M3/M4/M2 (M2... is coming really soon!!!) 2015. M2 should be the cheapest out of all the M series this year.
screw with anything else that is on the current lots. most of anything old will have mileage anyways, from test drives and salesman taking cars for lunch breaks. while on a test drive I found a 335 sedan 2014 and there was a food wrapper in between the drivers seat and transmission hump. I guess the person forgot to clean up after himself. lol I mentioned it to the sales person I was with and he tried to cover it up.

order the car the way you want.

as for the incentives, if you order yours now and any incentives that comes and goes during the waiting period, your supposed to get those too. they will accumulate and add up even if they expire before your ordered car comes to the states. remember this is the job of the sales person, so your boss or who ever is taking the order must do this for you. im not sure exactly how the paperwork goes with an employee but I assume its the same procedure.
from what I understand those months are pretty slow for sales. not too many go car buying for black Friday or Christmas, as everyone wants electronics or stocking stuffers. so the incentives are good. just be patient and order the dream car and collect those incentives while you wait.

Last edited by 949; 10-24-2014 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 11:32 PM   #5
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

so does this deal apply to BMW geniuses? I could do that on weekends and literally the savings alone would be worth it...lord knows I know more than the geniuses I've interacted with. Well, at least with respect to the mechanicals of the car...I'll have to bring along a teenage boy to talk about the tech gizmos, but I know a basic rule of thumb is "I'm sure the car can do that, but at BMW you'll have to pay for that option."
Appreciate 0