F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > passenger head rest
GetBMWParts

01-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

passenger head rest

I had my car in for the service bulletins a few weeks ago and they supposedly "fixed" the headrest.

However I have noticed that the drivers headrest is flush with the seat, but the passenger headrest is about an inch above the seat and I cannot adjust it lower. Has anyone else experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

See this thread:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...57&postcount=6

You can easily do this without removing the seat back like the original poster shows.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

Thanks, I don't see the torx screw that the poster is talking about, but Ill have a look. Im also wondering why the passenger seat headrest isn't flushed like the driver's side.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

You shouldn't need to unscrew anything.

The 1 inch level is the minimum set by BMW. If you lift the driver side headrest up, you won't be able to drop it down to flush again either.

Here is the procedure I followed, copied from another forum:

"On the head rest rotate the round cover clock wise and counter clock wise back and forth on the right post until you can lift the round cover ever so slightly, on the opposite side of the notches with a puddy knife or something thin like that. When you lift the cover you will see a mechanical spring loaded mechanism. press that to wards the post while pressing in on the release button on the other post and press down on the head rest
Before you press the head rest all the way down just in case you lifted the cover a little to high make sure you press it down. This is a temporary fix until somebody raises the head rest again Good luck
cheers"
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
jzcrna
Captain
Rep

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
vern
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 335i Sport 2006 X3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
You shouldn't need to unscrew anything.

The 1 inch level is the minimum set by BMW. If you lift the driver side headrest up, you won't be able to drop it down to flush again either.

Here is the procedure I followed, copied from another forum:

"On the head rest rotate the round cover clock wise and counter clock wise back and forth on the right post until you can lift the round cover ever so slightly, on the opposite side of the notches with a puddy knife or something thin like that. When you lift the cover you will see a mechanical spring loaded mechanism. press that to wards the post while pressing in on the release button on the other post and press down on the head rest
Before you press the head rest all the way down just in case you lifted the cover a little to high make sure you press it down. This is a temporary fix until somebody raises the head rest again Good luck
cheers"
It has to be one of the easiest fixes on the F30.Less than 5 minutes.
Good luck
cheers
vern
Appreciate 0