F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Instrument cluster not showing in BimmerCode
Extreme Powerhouse

02-20-2024, 02:37 PM   #1
RageDemon
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport Touring

Instrument cluster not showing in BimmerCode

Hi all

First time posting and first time owning a BMW so new to all this coding and unlocking hidden features thing. I have BimmerCode and wanted to code in the digital speed ont the dash. Unfortunately when I connect to the car through the Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth it doesn’t show the instrument cluster module. I have contacted BimmerCide support and they say there is no way for them to help on this and when I asked they recommended I connect to the car through E-Sys and if tge ECU is missing then I need to fix that. My problem is I haven’t the first clue what I’m looking for. I have downloaded E-Sys and bought an ENET cable but cannot find any info to help from there. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as this is doing my head in as I am wondering if that’s why I also cannot set the time on the system.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 09:05 PM   #2
dengpeng
Rep
Drives: 2020 G38

First of all, what's your bimmercode version and what's your car's iLEVEL?
If bimmercode version is far lower than supported iLEVEL, something wrong is common.

And then:
You installed e-sys. Did you also download the BLP(psdz coding file) and put it in right folder?
If all are done correctly, you could connect the car with enet cable, using read ECU function in coding or tal caculation to find whether the KOMBI is correct.
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2024, 02:18 AM   #3
RageDemon
United Kingdom
Rep

I am running ID6 and my BimmerCode app is on 4.3 (when I check for updates it says there isn’t any.

As for the E-Sys question, I got the PSDZData file and made sure that had what it needed and was in the right place according ti the read me file that was in the ZIP file.

I haven’t connected E-SYS to the car yet as I have never done it before so didn’t want to do anything without getting advice on here so I can at least know what I am looking for.

I used this guide to install and set up E-SYS:
https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/c...-2023.1455722/
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 10:23 AM   #4
RageDemon
United Kingdom
Rep

Got it working now. Turns out the car didn’t like that I had upgraded the head unit so I put the old one back in and now all is fine, except the part where I had to go back to the tiny screen. Android head unit on order now.
Appreciate 0