F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Upgrading my basic CIC iDrive?
Extreme Powerhouse

06-17-2018, 06:48 AM   #1
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Upgrading my basic CIC iDrive?

Hello there

I currently have a '13 BMW 316i that has the small CIC iDrive without navigation or anything, and I have been considering upgrading the iDrive because I cannot afford a new car for a while and that upgrade should really make things a lot better and different.

I saw the NBT Evo and the latest iDrive that comes in the 2018 340i and 320i and I don't really understand the difference between them because the interface looks very similar, although I believe the iDrive controllers are?

Can someone explain the differences between NBT, NBT Evo, and then the latest iDrive 5.0 or whatever it is called?

A good friend of mine does these retrofits (iDrive, headlights, rear cameras, PDCs, etc.) and of course they're expensive so I am looking to do one that will truly chance my experience with the car.

Driving with that basic iDrive for years without nav, enhanced bluetooth, and such is really a pain as I keep looking for different accessories to fulfill that, so it would be nice to have it all in one, and of course a nice and better looking screen.

Do you guys think that's worth it?

Last time I checked the NBT Evo would have cost me around $1300 and the latest one a bit more but not by much. Is the difference in price actually worth it? And I am assuming if I am going to be spending money then I should avoid the old NBT altogether, correct?

Thank you for your advice in advance.
Appreciate 0