F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Re-assemble side mirror for F30
ARMA SPEED

02-07-2023, 11:40 AM   #1
scottxp
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Re-assemble side mirror for F30

Does anyone have suggestions for re-assembling the right side passenger mirror for my 2018 340i?

I had to remove the star lock washer that holds the spring in place. This was in order to repair the plastic piece that holds the gears that swivel the mirror against the body of the car.

I have put on a new star lock washer to hold the spring in place. However, now I'm having difficulty fitting the mirror back onto the base. It appears the spring needs to be compressed in order to re-attach the mirror and lock it into place. The spring is incredibly strong and difficult to compress. Do I need a special tool of some sort? Or am I just missing something else?

Thanks for any help!

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 03:08 PM   #2
Robin_BMW
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i f31

Did you ever figure this out ?
I am planning to convert my manual foldable mirrors to automatic. I found some cheap F20 mirrors, but discovered that the base mounting is different from the F30 model, altough the mirror itself is the same, so wapping it should be possible.
Appreciate 0