F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Protruding Side Skirts
ARMA SPEED

02-22-2024, 05:32 PM   #1
Jind
Registered
Rep
Drives: F30

Exclamation Protruding Side Skirts

Hey everyone,

I recently noticed both of my side skirts protrude from where you're supposed to jack up the car. I bought my 2014 f30 this fall with 30k km on it in perfect condition and have only taken it to the same mechanic so I know that it hasn't been hoisted up incorrectly. I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight on how this happened and any potential ways to fix the issue without replacing the side skirts.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 10:18 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

It looks like they were bent, and since it's next to the jack point I'd say the mechanic did it. I'd bend them back again. I permanently attached 'hockey pucks' to my jack points, using stainless steel screws. Why BMW still uses those is bizarre. The rectangular socket is there to accept the top of the BMW jack, but BMW hasn't included jacks since the E series.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 04:15 AM   #3
scubajim
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F33

I agree it was probably caused by the shop that jacked up the car. Clean up the area really well. Heat up the area with a hair dryer, be careful not to overheat and damage the paint. With a glove or oven mitt form it back into place. Maybe pick up some jack pads like bill did and leave in car for the next time.