F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
GetBMWParts

08-03-2012, 12:27 AM   #485
chip2058
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirenz2006 View Post
Is there anyone in MA, CT or RI who is doing this who could help me out? I'll supply beer. I'm not sure I want to try this.
I've just started dabbling (in Somerville MA), I got Comfort Access/Key Fob Mirrors, No Legal Disclaimer, TPMS actuals, DVD in Motion, Close windows with Key Fob, Unlock on Engine Off and ASS Memory.

I'd be willing to provide guidance and the cord if you need it, but I'd hate to be responsible if shit blew up :-)
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #486
chip2058
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Sportline

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertck View Post
Hi Guys, I just tried coding the closing mirrors when you lock the door, either by Key Fob or by Comfort Access, but it doesn't seem to work.

I have the 328i Luxury Line, with Comfort Access, so I assume there is a motor in the mirrors, but how do I confirm this?

I know for one, I do NOT have a button to fold the mirrors in manually, near the side mirror controls on the arm rest, which I noticed in an X5 is there.

Any help would appreciated.

Other than that, I have successfully coded other features like no more disclaimers, the WeatherBand, and the Sports Display Units changing to HP and Ft-Lbs.
haven't tried DVD in Motion, but it is coded, and the elimination of the turn signals when not using them to turn or turn on hazard.
As others have mentioned, you have to have the auto-folding mirrors to begin with. This is really easy to verify. If you have a button next to your mirror switch (the one that goes left right) and you push it and your mirrors go in then you have it. If not, no amount of coding will help you here :-) If you do, you have to make sure you're holding down the ridges for 2-3 seconds after locking to activate.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #487
Seyfeichai
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

need help on wiper coding

hi peeps,

i have a big problem here.
While trying to code the adaptive headlights setting, i must have messed up with some other configuration such that the wiper is haywire now.
I only noticed when it rain today.
1) when set to auto mode, the wiper stop at the exact position when i release the auto button (it does no longer complete a full cycle and reset at the resting place).
2) when i push the wiper stock downward (for manual), the wiper will stop the moment i release. Again it will not reset to the resting position.

Has anybody experience the same thing?
Appreciate if someone can point me to the right parameters.
Thanks for helping!

Last edited by Seyfeichai; 08-03-2012 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #488
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyfeichai View Post
hi peeps,

While trying to code the adaptive headlights setting, i must have messed up with some other configuration such that the wiper is haywire now.
1) when set to auto mode, the wiper stop at the exact position when i release the auto button (it does no longer complete a full cycle and reset at the resting place).
2) when i push the wiper stock downward (for manual), the wiper will stop the moment i release. Again it will not reset to the resting position.

Has anyone appreciate the same thing?
Thanks for helping!
If you saved a copy of your original CAFD files as the instructions say you should, then try restoring the originals. That *should* revert you back to the factory settings and restore your wipers.

Every time I code something, I save the whole set of CAFD files to a new directory as a backup in case I screw something up later.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #489
Seyfeichai
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
If you saved a copy of your original CAFD files as the instructions say you should, then try restoring the originals. That *should* revert you back to the factory settings and restore your wipers.

Every time I code something, I save the whole set of CAFD files to a new directory as a backup in case I screw something up later.

Good Luck!
Hi Frogman,

unfortunately, i did no back up.
do u have the original fem_body setting?
can send to me at chucs75@yahoo?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #490
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyfeichai View Post
Hi Frogman,

unfortunately, i did no back up.
do u have the original fem_body setting?
can send to me at chucs75@yahoo?

Thank you.
That's probably not a good idea as mine is specific to my build and would probably mess your car up even more.

Another thought: One time while coding I pressed Code instead of Code FDL. Doing that caused my previous changes to be reverted, kind of like a reset.

You might try this, but I don't know if there are any other side-effects of doing this.

You also might ask shawnsheridan, he seems much more experienced with E-Sys and coding than I am.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #491
Seyfeichai
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
That's probably not a good idea as mine is specific to my build and would probably mess your car up even more.

Another thought: One time while coding I pressed Code instead of Code FDL. Doing that caused my previous changes to be reverted, kind of like a reset.

You might try this, but I don't know if there are any other side-effects of doing this.

You also might ask shawnsheridan, he seems much more experienced with E-Sys and coding than I am.

Hi Frogman,
thanks for your help.
Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #492
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyfeichai
hi peeps,

Has anybody experience the same thing?
Thanks for helping!
I too have been changing various settings trying to activate AHL but no luck yet.
I've recorded details of changes so if you changed some settings and don't know the originals I might be able to help.
Hope you get it sorted!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #493
tukerstown
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Any issues coding a June 2012 production F30?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 03:24 AM   #494
Seyfeichai
Singapore
Rep

Hi,

i think i know how i ended up in this state.
There was a previous occasion that i pressed "code" instead of "Code FDL". The settings must have reverted to the default based on the PSD files (my guess).

I have since made a copy of my friend's 328i.
Can somebody advise how i could load the whole CAFD files for "Fem_body" into my car?

thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #495
BimmerBoy79
bimmaboy
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 Sapphire Black X5 M50i

Soo. I think I may have messed something up with corner sidemarkers delete.. In looking at the cheat sheet, it states the new value should be 'off' however E-Sys doesn't like that. So i put '00'. Well it worked!.. only problem is now I can't shake the 'Adaptive Headlight Malfuction' error and fog lamps don't work. Should I have put a different value?? I could use some help! Thanks, guys.

UPDATE: Coronas ate also out.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 05:18 PM   #496
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip2058 View Post
I've just started dabbling (in Somerville MA), I got Comfort Access/Key Fob Mirrors, No Legal Disclaimer, TPMS actuals, DVD in Motion, Close windows with Key Fob, Unlock on Engine Off and ASS Memory.

I'd be willing to provide guidance and the cord if you need it, but I'd hate to be responsible if shit blew up :-)
Hey, if you guys get together, may I join you? My car isn't here until September. But while I was on ED, I plugged in the cable (in Geneva, Switerland) and tried to download the current configuration. I connected OK, but got errors. I'd like to see how it works from someone who's done their car.

It wasn't my intention to change anything on ED; I thought that was too risky. Instead, I wanted to have the configuration data to look at while I was awaiting redelivery.

I have a cable I can contribute. Are either of you planning to be at the BMW Club Concours next Sunday in Brookline? PM me and we can meet up.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 08:11 AM   #497
G30Spida
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M Sport Individual

OMG this is awesome, I gotta go find me an OBD cable and start soldering, that's stupid disclaimer has got to go!!!

thanks for all the efforts

F10 528i M Sport - Carbon Black

F30 328i Sports - Mineral Grey
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #498
SmoothSteeringHopeful
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i

Any new links to the 46.6 files? The ones posted on page 16 arent working for me on rapidshare pro. Downloads start quick then slow to nothing half way through.

I wanna work with the FEM BODY!! lol
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #499
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobe121 View Post
Any new links to the 46.6 files? The ones posted on page 16 arent working for me on rapidshare pro. Downloads start quick then slow to nothing half way through.

I wanna work with the FEM BODY!! lol
Use mine here:

https://www.rapidshare.com/files/177...ata.part01.exe
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/352...ata.part02.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/331...ata.part03.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/299...ata.part04.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/332...ata.part05.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/128...ata.part06.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/639...ata.part07.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/535...ata.part08.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/153...ata.part09.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/376...ata.part10.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/360...ata.part11.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/423...ata.part12.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/331...ata.part13.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/255...ata.part14.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/320...ata.part15.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/391...ata.part16.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/181...ata.part17.rar
https://www.rapidshare.com/files/412...ata.part18.rar

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #500
BimmerBoy79
bimmaboy
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 Sapphire Black X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoy79 View Post
Soo. I think I may have messed something up with corner sidemarkers delete.. In looking at the cheat sheet, it states the new value should be 'off' however E-Sys doesn't like that. So i put '00'. Well it worked!.. only problem is now I can't shake the 'Adaptive Headlight Malfuction' error and fog lamps don't work. Should I have put a different value?? I could use some help! Thanks, guys.

UPDATE: Coronas ate also out.

BUMP!!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #501
Quelque
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F30 330e

Sport display for basic screen + soft_on of fog lights

First of all: Again many thanks Svache for pointing us to this ! I really enjoy this kind of stuff

After I coded ASS long time ago when this thread just started, I now found time to work on it more during my PTO. Today I enabled the Sport Display on my basic screen (the car has Navi Business). This worked and it is quite cool to see the peak hands going up fast and down slowly for the torque and power.
The coding I did for this was in HU_CICHB, 3000 HMI, EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID. I switched it from nicht_aktiv --> aktiv

I found it really cool together with the Digital speed in BC which was earlier explained by BMWs being in the F10 cheat sheet.
KOMBI | 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration | BC_DIGITAL_V | aktiv / Werte=01 | ( default = nicht_aktiv / Werte=00 ). When enabling this, it gave an error, but it was just a matter of configuring the time and then the yellow triangle error icon was gone.

Also I added the fog lights to the welcome lights, although I find it a little odd to have Xenon headlights with (gently turning on) halogen fog lights. What I am actually looking for is how the timer for shutting down the lights can be extended when closing the car using the remote. Anyone tried this already?

What I am also looking for is how the radio can be turned off automatically when the car is switched off. Isn't it just weird that the radio is loud when opening the door to step out the car?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #502
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Smile Much Thanks to Frogman !!!

Well i would like to Thank Frogman for his help and support!!

This past weekend, i was able to meet up with this young Man !!
He was very very cool and made the whole process very easy and pain free!

1)
So now my car's ASS is off (except when i switch to Eco-mode, then ASS is working) (if anyone of you want to turn ASS completely off, even when in ECO-Mode, you need to set the value to "Permanent"! You would still be able to use ASS, but you would just have to push the button)

2) No more disclaimer!

3) My windows can be rolled up and down via the remote.
4) The Side view mirrors fold with the remote.

5) No more reminder when i "forget" to fasten the driver seat belt.

6) tire pressures and temperature accessible on i-drive!
this is one of the most helpful re-code !!! no more messy fingers! LOL

7) We missed out on another setting that i wanted:
automatic roll up of the windows when doors ajar..
Maybe i will do this another time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Spida View Post
OMG this is awesome, I gotta go find me an OBD cable and start soldering, that's stupid disclaimer has got to go!!!

thanks for all the efforts
Again, this is very easy to do when you have the hardware and software...
there were tons of settings to play with... we have barely scratched the surface of it !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelque View Post
First of all: Again many thanks Svache for pointing us to this ! I really enjoy this kind of stuff

After I coded ASS long time ago when this thread just started, I now found time to work on it more during my PTO. Today I enabled the Sport Display on my basic screen (the car has Navi Business). This worked and it is quite cool to see the peak hands going up fast and down slowly for the torque and power.
The coding I did for this was in HU_CICHB, 3000 HMI, EFF_DYN_SPORT_CID. I switched it from nicht_aktiv --> aktiv

I found it really cool together with the Digital speed in BC which was earlier explained by BMWs being in the F10 cheat sheet.
KOMBI | 3000 Anzeige_Konfiguration | BC_DIGITAL_V | aktiv / Werte=01 | ( default = nicht_aktiv / Werte=00 ). When enabling this, it gave an error, but it was just a matter of configuring the time and then the yellow triangle error icon was gone.

Also I added the fog lights to the welcome lights, although I find it a little odd to have Xenon headlights with (gently turning on) halogen fog lights. What I am actually looking for is how the timer for shutting down the lights can be extended when closing the car using the remote. Anyone tried this already?

What I am also looking for is how the radio can be turned off automatically when the car is switched off. Isn't it just weird that the radio is loud when opening the door to step out the car?
I knew there would be a setting for this!!!
Next time, i am going to add this in Thanks for the info!

Here are a few photos after my meeting with Frogman, unfortunately we didn't have the occasion to take pictures of our cars together.

Frogman's red luxury 328i is gorgeous !!!!
clean as new!!

and btw: i got my first speeding tickets with my F30 on my way to see Frogman !!

Thanks Frogman for all your tips!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #503
Puri1
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelque

I don't think the F30 has a Kombi named module in it. Could you give instructions on how you got the Digital Speedo in there? Thanks
      08-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #504
Quelque
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puri1 View Post
I don't think the F30 has a Kombi named module in it. Could you give instructions on how you got the Digital Speedo in there? Thanks
Maybe it depends on the model and options. I drive a European F30 320iA, Exec. Options I took are for example the Sounds System (not B&O), Lighting Package and some other.

Here is a screen shot of E-Sys:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #505
Puri1
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quelque View Post
Maybe it depends on the model and options. I drive a European F30 320iA, Exec. Options I took are for example the Sounds System (not B&O), Lighting Package and some other.

Here is a screen shot of E-Sys:
Thanks for the screenshot.. I'll try finding it.. hopefully it works..
      08-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #506
Quelque
Netherlands
Rep

Some pics of Speed in BC and Sport Display

The speed in the BC can be switched between km and mph from the menu, which would have been useful when I was in Southampton, UK the previous weekend. No idea how fast I was driving there...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0