F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > AirCon Fan Noise?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
Splaaat
w00t
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

AirCon Fan Noise?

So, in November last year a brainless cucumber decided to pull off some James Bond styled stunts on my car - rammed me from the back at a speed of 60kmph, while the car was parked on the side of a road, flew into the air, landed on top, rolled across the sun-roof onto the bonnet and in front of the car! - Well the rest is not relevant here, he survived with minor injuries and I had to pay for his piece of shit bike, unfortunately. In these parts, order of preference (for public and police support) goes from pedestrian > biker > normal car owner > fancy car owner

So BMW took the car in for almost a month and a half. The bumper had to be replaced and the top had to be patched, covered by insurance. The F30 had only been recently launched and the parts weren't in yet, hence the long wait.

Once I picked up my car, I noticed almost everything was exactly the same, had a control check error which disappeared on restart. But, on hitting the 'Max' for the A/C, I can hear a huge motor kind of sound. The sound isn't audible in any of the lower settings and is silent. But, on the top three fan speed levels it resonates like a giant booming motor! Very very loud.

Anyone else experienced this issue? I initially thought, it could be due to dust accumulation since the car was left with BMW for over a month and a half. Before I take it back in, I wanted to check here if there are any solutions.
Appreciate 0