F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > I Want This So BAD! iDrive "Mirroring"
proTUNING Freaks

10-28-2012, 07:30 AM   #23
Haarschmerzen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320i xdrive

I want to know the same. Is there even a display or HDMI input?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #24
Ccrc2001
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 528i xDrive

[u2b]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Kapwf4tk-LQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #25
brian99997
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slowly

Very cool demo, from that parts list they're listing out lvds to the head unit it seems so that means you could build a lvds to hdmi unit for maybe $20 in parts since the car basically already handles the phone calls. i'm not sure how it would treat the display, like a second input on a monitor or is there only the one and would have to be split by that main box?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #26
f1champ
Rep
Drives:

there are a bit more info here:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...d%3D1346764511

also, there's a H30 english manual if anyone can make anything out of it.
http://hanlim2.subnara.info/blog/Man...8Ver.EN%29.pdf
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #27
BRM6
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 328/335/M235i/M4 - Current M6

Interesting! Has anyone here installed this? Thanks for those links!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #28
odessa91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F36, E84, E30

MimicsX2

Has anyone tried MimicsX2?
http://www.customgadz.com/store/prod...p?id_product=1
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #29
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

If it allowed you to control the entire BMW iDrive System via touch screen instead of the knob it would be even better.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #30
swifty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80, Levante & Tesla 100D

It's 2014 now... has anyone here in North America been able to mirror their phone on idrive?
Past: Alpine white e46 323i, Jet Black e39 530, Saph Black e60 530, Space Grey N54 e92 335, Mineral White N55 e92 335
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:08 PM   #31
baracat
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty View Post
It's 2014 now... has anyone here in North America been able to mirror their phone on idrive?
I'd be willing to spend like 400 bucks on a system like that, I would just mirror my BlackBerry Z10 Screen via HDMI and have the best infotainment system ever, assuming that I could output audio + video to iDrive.

WHY ARE WE NOT FUNDING THIS??
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:04 PM   #32
vitchie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Garage List
For the guys with Nav, don't you have a video in function? I have HU_ENTRY, so no go without video interface box. Was thinking video interface box + apple tv with mirroring
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #33
robgutie328i
Private
Rep
Drives: Mel Red 2014 BMW 328i MSport

. Here is another video. Looks really cool but no idrive control
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 06:10 AM   #34
FZynkThirtyLover
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i(N20)

I'm Korean.
Someguy sent PM tranlate language or something,
Can I help you?

That is mirroring system. Connect your smartphone using Wi-Fi
Ofcause, If you want to use Mirroring function, you have to install another extra device for mirroring.

Usually called "Interface device".

That's all.

If you buy this stuff in Korea, the price of "interface device" for F30, Maybe 162.5 US dollors.

Please let me know what you wanna know.!

Last edited by FZynkThirtyLover; 01-24-2014 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #35
baracat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZynkThirtyLover View Post
I'm Korean.
Someguy sent PM tranlate language or something,
Can I help you?

That is mirroring system. Connect your smartphone using Wi-Fi
Ofcause, If you want to use Mirroring function, you have to install another extra device for mirroring.

Usually called "Interface device".

That's all.

If you buy this stuff in Korea, the price of "interface device" for F30, Maybe 162.5 US dollors.

Please let me know what you wanna know.!
Hi my friend, I was the one who sent you the email.

I was looking to contact this seller, but I cannot find any contact info. I want to mirror my BlackBerry Z10's screen onto my iDrive screen via HDMI, but I need to know what will the quality of the image and sound be, and of course how much that would cost.

Can you help?

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #36
FZynkThirtyLover
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by baracat View Post
Hi my friend, I was the one who sent you the email.

I was looking to contact this seller, but I cannot find any contact info. I want to mirror my BlackBerry Z10's screen onto my iDrive screen via HDMI, but I need to know what will the quality of the image and sound be, and of course how much that would cost.

Can you help?

Cheers!

This is seller's E-mail address, Try to contact them.

acidop@naver.com

And, I review their whole home page, and I think this interface device only supports iOS and Android. So, I think you can't use this system.

If you have iOS or Android device, then you can watch any display of phone via HDMI or wireless Wi-Fi.
Supported resolution of this system via HDMI is 800*480 as their web page's description.

I think you better send email them to get more detail info.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #37
baracat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FZynkThirtyLover View Post
This is seller's E-mail address, Try to contact them.

acidop@naver.com

And, I review their whole home page, and I think this interface device only supports iOS and Android. So, I think you can't use this system.

If you have iOS or Android device, then you can watch any display of phone via HDMI or wireless Wi-Fi.
Supported resolution of this system via HDMI is 800*480 as their web page's description.

I think you better send email them to get more detail info.
Thank you so much for the answer.

I have sent them an email, I hope they answer soon enough.

The only thing I dont get is why I could not mirror my BlackBerry' screen on iDrive given that its an HDMI out, but lets see if they answer.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 09:28 PM   #38
FZynkThirtyLover
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Thank you so much for the answer.

I have sent them an email, I hope they answer soon enough.

The only thing I dont get is why I could not mirror my BlackBerry' screen on iDrive given that its an HDMI out, but lets see if they answer.

Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Can you see phone's contents via your home TV or PC's Monitor using HDMI ?
(In this case, this maybe MHL)
Then I think blackberry is also possible, too.
Anyway, If you just install interface system, you have to control phone using only phone command, like touch or buttons on your Blackberry.
So, In Korea, If someone install that system, most also change iDrive's
panel for touch controlling.
This is what they only supports iOS and Android.
I really hope you understand what I'm saying.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 04:51 AM   #39
Thlian
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: 320d XDrive AT Touring M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue12 View Post
This should be standard, cars can't keep up with the technology turn over in mobile devices. If you could simply plug in your phone you would have the most up to date technology all the time.
If cars had followed the same technology development as phones, we all have to change cars once a year as well
      01-25-2014, 06:27 AM   #40
lab_rat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

Hi everyone,

I had this 'mirroring' mod installed on my US spec 320i (no nav/no extended BT/no BMW apps) about 4 months ago. Since I live here in Seoul, I went directly to the IndiWorks shop - only a 20 minute drive from my house. The install process took about 4 hours total.

Phone used:
US Verizon iPhone5 (iOS-7) I brought here to Korea, with an SKT sim card for service. Cellular service works flawless, and took only swapping the card to work overseas. This phone is truly global.

Interface/Wireless Dongle chosen:
The NET H-30 box serves as the seamless interface between iDrive and wireless device. (It is installed in the dash directly under the radio unit.)

I chose the APCast wireless HDMI dongle, since it is 'universal', and can be used with both Andriod and Apple Operating Systems.* (It is installed in the glove box and sits in the cupholder's netting).

Results:
A flawless and trouble free integration of my iPhone's capabilities into the iDrive's screen.

I use it daily for wireless enabled:
1-music (SiriusXM/iTunes Radio/etc)
2-videos (YouTube)
3-movies (Netflix/Amazon Prime)
4-navigation (iMaps/Waze)

Music:
When I am listening to music via wireless connection and I receive a phone call via car's standard BT, the music pauses while I answer the call. The music then resumes once the call is complete. Perfect!

The wireless quality of the music is largely based on source (SiriusXM notoriously has horrible SQ), but is very near the level of SQ as if the phone was connected directly to the AUX input.

Video:
The quality of video playback is also source based, as I have noticed that HD quality videos on YouTube show very clear picture, where other videos are horrible (just as they would be on your laptop/desktop at home). I will concede that the stock screen's resolution is not the highest quality possible, and does contribute to a slightly decreased video quality overall.

Conclusion:
In my opinion, this is truly better than the stock navigation. I base this opinion with regards to the vast number of phone based apps available, the consistent updates to those apps. Not to mention the new apps that become available all the time!

This is in direct contrast to the number of apps available to the Navigation/Enhanced BT optioned F30s, which BMW is slow to update their maps, there is no choice but to use BMW maps, and there is only a small handful of interfaced apps that connect to your F30 iDrive (FB/Twitter/Stitcher/etc).

The aftermarket solution that IndiWorks offers will allow the F30 owner to truly exploit the full potential use of the cell phone of their choice as an integrated and seamlessly connected in-car tech tool.

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

-Steve

*[NOTE: The wireless dongle is largely based on which OS you have (Android or iOS). Also be aware there are some older Androids that will not work via wireless connection, and must use the wired connection. I also have a Korean Galaxy S2 and tried the wired connection, and it works fine - I just personally prefer the convenience/clutter-free look of wireless in the car. ]
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #41
robgutie328i
Private
Rep
Drives: Mel Red 2014 BMW 328i MSport

now the real question who can install this in the US . preferably in Texas
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #42
henryeeex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Someone please take my money!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #43
baracat
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lab_rat View Post
Hi everyone,

I had this 'mirroring' mod installed on my US spec 320i (no nav/no extended BT/no BMW apps) about 4 months ago. Since I live here in Seoul, I went directly to the IndiWorks shop - only a 20 minute drive from my house. The install process took about 4 hours total.

Phone used:
US Verizon iPhone5 (iOS-7) I brought here to Korea, with an SKT sim card for service. Cellular service works flawless, and took only swapping the card to work overseas. This phone is truly global.

Interface/Wireless Dongle chosen:
The NET H-30 box serves as the seamless interface between iDrive and wireless device. (It is installed in the dash directly under the radio unit.)

I chose the APCast wireless HDMI dongle, since it is 'universal', and can be used with both Andriod and Apple Operating Systems.* (It is installed in the glove box and sits in the cupholder's netting).

Results:
A flawless and trouble free integration of my iPhone's capabilities into the iDrive's screen.

I use it daily for wireless enabled:
1-music (SiriusXM/iTunes Radio/etc)
2-videos (YouTube)
3-movies (Netflix/Amazon Prime)
4-navigation (iMaps/Waze)

Music:
When I am listening to music via wireless connection and I receive a phone call via car's standard BT, the music pauses while I answer the call. The music then resumes once the call is complete. Perfect!

The wireless quality of the music is largely based on source (SiriusXM notoriously has horrible SQ), but is very near the level of SQ as if the phone was connected directly to the AUX input.

Video:
The quality of video playback is also source based, as I have noticed that HD quality videos on YouTube show very clear picture, where other videos are horrible (just as they would be on your laptop/desktop at home). I will concede that the stock screen's resolution is not the highest quality possible, and does contribute to a slightly decreased video quality overall.

Conclusion:
In my opinion, this is truly better than the stock navigation. I base this opinion with regards to the vast number of phone based apps available, the consistent updates to those apps. Not to mention the new apps that become available all the time!

This is in direct contrast to the number of apps available to the Navigation/Enhanced BT optioned F30s, which BMW is slow to update their maps, there is no choice but to use BMW maps, and there is only a small handful of interfaced apps that connect to your F30 iDrive (FB/Twitter/Stitcher/etc).

The aftermarket solution that IndiWorks offers will allow the F30 owner to truly exploit the full potential use of the cell phone of their choice as an integrated and seamlessly connected in-car tech tool.

Any questions, please feel free to ask!

-Steve

*[NOTE: The wireless dongle is largely based on which OS you have (Android or iOS). Also be aware there are some older Androids that will not work via wireless connection, and must use the wired connection. I also have a Korean Galaxy S2 and tried the wired connection, and it works fine - I just personally prefer the convenience/clutter-free look of wireless in the car. ]
Steve,

I sent you a PM with a few questions but forgot to ask the main thing:

How much did you pay for it?

I see that we might have demand for that product here in the forums, if we organize a group-buy, would you be able to help us contacting the seller?

Cheers mate!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #44
lab_rat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is (#5 of 586)

Quote:
Steve,

I sent you a PM with a few questions but forgot to ask the main thing:

How much did you pay for it?

I see that we might have demand for that product here in the forums, if we organize a group-buy, would you be able to help us contacting the seller?

Cheers mate!
Hi baracat,

I can contact the shop owner and see if he'd be willing to do a group buy. There are some challenges with orchestrating/facilitating a GB like this; I'll do what I can, but it's ultimately up to the shop.

As far as price, I'm sure depending on the number of committed buyers, the price you pay will be less than what I paid (~$600 total, including installation).

You can surf the website to see prices for relevant parts, and use the rough conversion of $1.00 = 1,000 Korean Won.

There are other modifications and retrofits, including backup cameras, navigation (although it appears to be only Korean GPS), etc.

These guys have done numerous of cars, so they know what equipment works the best with each make/model and equipment level.

As far as a GB....are we allowed to submit for a group buy if the shop is not an active vendor?

If this Group Buy could go active/approved, let's use my installed cost as a very rough payment point; how many of you would seriously be interested in participating in a GB?

I'll say a cutoff of two weeks from now - thru the end of 14 February - to allow enough time for word to spread.

Let me know if you have questions, and I'll try to have them answered as quickly/accurately as possible

-Steve
Appreciate 0