F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Alignment question
GetBMWParts

05-15-2018, 07:40 AM   #1
wantafastone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Alignment question

I got my wheels aligned this weekend. It was not at the dealership but at express tires. They said they used a brand new machine that was state of the art etc etc. They charged me 150 for it.

The report they presented to me showed that one of the values (I think it was toe out) was 0.05. the others were 0 or close to it. While driving the car today I noticed it pulls just ever so slightly to the right requiring a small adjustment every 5 seconds or so.

Is this something I should go back to them about or is that kind of slight deviation normal?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Hello BMW Experts!

You have to try & get the printout of your alignment. Crapping out on this seems epidemic around here. My last two times I got no printout, one place telling me at payment time that I should have asked before because their printer was broken & I could have taken a photo....

Murf
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
wantafastone
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
Hello BMW Experts!

You have to try & get the printout of your alignment. Crapping out on this seems epidemic around here. My last two times I got no printout, one place telling me at payment time that I should have asked before because their printer was broken....

Murf
I will get it but should I also mention getting it realigned?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

If you can get the printout, you will see if any specs are in the red. If any are, ask why, they may be able to tell you. It could be you have a real problem like a bad bushing or bent arm.
And then post the info here & see what we all think!

Murf
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2018, 11:24 AM   #5
wantafastone
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
If you can get the printout, you will see if any specs are in the red. If any are, ask why, they may be able to tell you. It could be you have a real problem like a bad bushing or bent arm.
And then post the info here & see what we all think!

Murf
I will, there was one number in red 0.05 that was the toe out on the right front wheel. He told me I'll never notice that in real life.
Appreciate 0