F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 13' 335i M Sport vs 13' Audi S4
GetBMWParts

10-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #67
ocso1606
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M

Garage List
2007 BMW 525xi  [0.00]
2010 Volvo  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i M-Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
      10-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #68
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

I test drove both the S4 & S5 Audis before driving the 335i M sport. Between all three cars, I find the engines very comparable and fun to drive but in the end the styling of the 335i was just more to my eye. I think the Audi's look great from the front and back but from the side, they seem one dimensional.

Here were some other factors for my decision:

1. Equally equipped S4 or S5 is roughly $4,000 more than the 335i.

2. Gas mileage is better in the 335i.

3. I've looked at the specs of all three cars and they look virtually identical but I found the legroom in the back seats much better with the 335i.

4. Audi dealers aren't dealing as much as the BMW dealers. Try getting an S4 or S5 at invoice...Isn't going to happen.

5. 335i is lighter, Audis are heavier.

6. Interior's are fairly comparable but the 335i looks a little more "sporty" to my eye.

7. Didn't want to pay $30 a month to Google for the Nav system. This just was like...WTF??? No.....

Audi's are great and originally I thought that I would buy one but in the end I just liked the look of the 335i and the EB ll just sealed the deal. Audi makes a great car, no doubt. Someday, I may own one.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #69
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo1 View Post
hello all. I bought a 2011 335i xdrive coupe in may of 2011. msport package, premium audio, navigation, etc. 6 speed. at the time I was debating between the 335 and an S4. I ended up choosing the 335 because of some aesthetic concerns, as well as a sort of emotional loyalty to BMW. my first car that I cared about was a 1974 2002. the next car I cared about was a 2002 325 wagon. I still miss that car. even with the turbo the 335 reminded me of the balance and poise that I loved so much in both of my other bmws and honestly the S4 felt artificial and too.. insulated. evn the exhaust sound seemed like it was faking. the steering felt like an arcade video game from when I was 12. I could tell with my eyes that the car was handling well but I didn't feel anything.

these past few months I realized I need four doors and I thought maybe I would take the opportunity to switch brands and try a new engine rather than just get a 335i sedan. so I tried the S4s again. now this is not a comparison between the new 335's and the 2013 S4, so perhaps irrelevant to this thread. but from what the rest of you are saying, many of the strengths of the 335 were lost in the new iteration. what I can say tho is that my first testing of the S4 was an unfair comparison to the 335 because the cars I tried didn't have the sport differential or drive select. what I can say now is that if you are considering an S4 you MUST drive it with these options. the adaptive suspension is cool too but I think a little unnecessary as I plan to lower my suspension and have it set up to be in responsive sport mode all of the time. if you need to be able to adjust it to suit other situations perhaps it's a good option for you.

what I feel now, after 19 months of owning and loving a 335, and now owning an S4, is this:

they are very different cars. but set up properly, the S4 is WAY more fun to drive it sounds better, the power delivery has a much more pleasing (to me) arc, the brakes are better, the navi and iPod interface are better and make more sense, the leather is nicer, the steering wheel is better, and the handling is much better than the xdrive. my complaints are these:

the looks are perhaps less consistent thru the car as the bmws are. the front and rear look slightly menacing and burly while the profile is a little too 'grocery getter' for me.

the suspension is super competent and doesn't sway the car around but I'd like a little bit more road feedback. it feels slightly numb. hoping lowering it a bit will help this. and perhaps some bigger rims with low profile tires will help too. that being said I have to say I now know for sure that I HATE run flats and really recommend swapping them out if you do go with the 335.

the steering is taking some serious getting used to. this will likely be an issue with the 2013 bmws too.. I can't say I don't like it, but the lightness at low speeds makes the car feel cheap. once the revs go up tho and I get to speed it is one of the best steering inputs I've ever had. I guess my only point on this applies to both BMW and Audi: don't be too quick to judge the electronic/mechanical steering. it's just different NAND perhaps those of us who feel loyal to the hydraulic just need to give it a little time.

and last: I still think the comparisonv is unfair. properly set up (and I must repeat: an S4 without sport differential and drive select isn't an S4), the price difference is almost $10k. the HP is NOT an inconsequential difference. my S4 feels and is much quicker on the street than my 335 was. and the engine is the same in the '13s. the looks are totally different. only people who know what an S4 is look at my car. to anyone else it's a family sedan and not exciting. almost everyone looked at my 335. with the 19" IS rims it was undeniably eye catching. frankly that's part of what I like about the S4 but this is a totally personal thing. so, if you like the aesthetics, an the money difference is not an issue, I think the S4 is a better car. but $10k is nothing to sneeze at and I think if you aren't going to go for prestige package and all the bits that the BMW may be a better choice. and to echo many people on these kinds of forums: they are both excellent cars. I feel very very happy about both, and I hope that my opinions are helpful to you guys as I've been able to drive the 335 for a year and a half and now two weeks into my S4 I feel like I have a handle on what the differences mean TO ME. maybe not to you.

drive safe but fun.

N
I like Audi's. I had an 06 A4 w/sport and APR software that added some much needed zing. Nothing like the S4, but even that 2.0T quattro was a lot of fun to drive, especially in the snow.

I did test out the newest A4 2.0T 8spd AT and the S4 with dual clutch.
The 2.0 uses the same ZF AT, but wasn't tuned as nicely as it is in the F30.
The S4's dual clutch is very sweet, and yet my sport AT in my 335i is nearly just as good and as quick.
The S4 is a awesome machine, but I couldn't get comfortable in it. The seats feel as if I'm sitting 'on' the car rather than in it. Surprisingly, The 2.0T was more comfortable as the seats seem to sit lower.
That is a major reason why I opted for my Msport, comfortable sport seats.

I like the F30 dash and interior layout, great style, but the A4/S4 has a roomier feel, except for the S4 seats.

The one thing I will disagree with is that a BMW X drive isn't the best comparison to the S4. I know that sounds odd as both have AWD.
The reason I say that is because the best handling Audi's are the ones with Quattro, and the best handling BMW's are RWD, imo.
The X drive's only advantage is off the line traction, but over all the handling feel of an X drive is not as good as a RWD BMW.

Other than that, I agree the F30 is a softened 3 series. Even with the dynamic handling pkg with adaptive suspension, My Msport is softer than what a SPORT optioned 3 series should feel like.
It's softer than my 135i and even feels softer than my 03 325i sport felt like.
Even the F30's brakes are UN-sport sedan like. There is too much travel before the brakes bite, and then there is too much pedal travel to increase brake force. It all conspires to give an over all too soft feel to a braking system in a "sport sedan". To make it even worse, when I let go of the brake pedal quickly it 'thunks' against it's stop, sounding more like a Pontiac than a BMW.

I still love my 335i Msport. I know that the F30 is using the same N55 as in the E90, but I still feel BMW tuned it to be stronger than before. My 335i is quite surprisingly powerful and fast, and I'm comparing it to my former
N54 135i.
3yrs from now the new A4/S4 will be on the short list along with the ATS.
I think with the F30 BMW left the door open a bit too much than in the past.
The steering vibration issue isn't helping.
I think the mid run "face lift" will need to do more than just some cosmetics.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 10:58 PM   #70
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T111 View Post
The funny thing is that I'm a BMW fan, I owned f30s before I turned them in because I believed steering vibration to be unacceptable for 50K plus vehicles. I've owned multiple BMWs in the past and quite enjoy the brand. I just can't stand people saying BMWs are "better" when the evidence on the performance data says otherwise. Even the reviewer in Head2Head comments that the S4's steering and feel is better. It just bothers me when people on trash talk the S4 as some piece of crap when it is not in the slightest because they own BMWs and refuse to give other cars a chance. I own an S63 AMG and I'll be the first to say it doesn't really handle well at all because that is the way it is. I'm not convincing myself that just because I bought the sedan that doesn't perform as well as the competitor that my car is still better. I bought the AMG because its a hotrod and sounds amazing, if I had wanted a handler I would have purchased a panamera turbo. It would be better if there was no trash talking competitors that make really great vehicles.
Wait both the F30s you had, had steering vibrations that couldn't be fixed?
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #71
T111
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, Aud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Wait both the F30s you had, had steering vibrations that couldn't be fixed?
Correct - First one was a 2012 335i Sportline that I had ordered in March, delivered in May, noticed vibration about 200 miles in. No fix, had PUMA case and all. Dealer traded that vehicle for a 2013 335i M sport that was in bound. Drove the car for 100 miles, steering vibration, then dealer bought it back due to my longstanding relationship with them. I found both counts unacceptable, thus I am no longer in the vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2012, 11:43 PM   #72
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I like Audi's. I had an 06 A4 w/sport and APR software that added some much needed zing. Nothing like the S4, but even that 2.0T quattro was a lot of fun to drive, especially in the snow.

I did test out the newest A4 2.0T 8spd AT and the S4 with dual clutch.
The 2.0 uses the same ZF AT, but wasn't tuned as nicely as it is in the F30.
The S4's dual clutch is very sweet, and yet my sport AT in my 335i is nearly just as good and as quick.
The S4 is a awesome machine, but I couldn't get comfortable in it. The seats feel as if I'm sitting 'on' the car rather than in it. Surprisingly, The 2.0T was more comfortable as the seats seem to sit lower.
That is a major reason why I opted for my Msport, comfortable sport seats.

I like the F30 dash and interior layout, great style, but the A4/S4 has a roomier feel, except for the S4 seats.

The one thing I will disagree with is that a BMW X drive isn't the best comparison to the S4. I know that sounds odd as both have AWD.
The reason I say that is because the best handling Audi's are the ones with Quattro, and the best handling BMW's are RWD, imo.
The X drive's only advantage is off the line traction, but over all the handling feel of an X drive is not as good as a RWD BMW.

Other than that, I agree the F30 is a softened 3 series. Even with the dynamic handling pkg with adaptive suspension, My Msport is softer than what a SPORT optioned 3 series should feel like.
It's softer than my 135i and even feels softer than my 03 325i sport felt like.
Even the F30's brakes are UN-sport sedan like. There is too much travel before the brakes bite, and then there is too much pedal travel to increase brake force. It all conspires to give an over all too soft feel to a braking system in a "sport sedan". To make it even worse, when I let go of the brake pedal quickly it 'thunks' against it's stop, sounding more like a Pontiac than a BMW.

I still love my 335i Msport. I know that the F30 is using the same N55 as in the E90, but I still feel BMW tuned it to be stronger than before. My 335i is quite surprisingly powerful and fast, and I'm comparing it to my former
N54 135i.
3yrs from now the new A4/S4 will be on the short list along with the ATS.
I think with the F30 BMW left the door open a bit too much than in the past.
The steering vibration issue isn't helping.
I think the mid run "face lift" will need to do more than just some cosmetics.
135 is nice, but its showing its age, and i thought i would get in to much trouble with it lol
      10-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #73
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosz View Post
Audi S4 interior is really dated. I mean even the E90 interior is still pretty fresh looking with nice flowing curves and lines.. But Audi's interior layout and the dashboard design is very box looking. It looks like something you'd see on a dodge caravan or something..

Also, they Navigation system and the display in general is so old school looking and the graphics and such is so 2D. I think style wise interior, Bmw wins with simplicity and the iDrive which feels and looks very high tech compared to Audis. Even the A7 has a terrible interior with that flimsy screen that pops out so awkwardly, looks so cheap and plasticy, what were they thinking!

On the exterior, I obviously think the F30 looks way more aggressive (since I own one lol). The only nice thing with audi is that LED in the front headlights, which is sort of out played now. Actually, I still prefer the 4 BMW corono Rings..which are symbolic of a bimmer from miles away.

However, I think the S4 performance wise is ofcourse much better than the M sport 335, which is just a regular 335 with some cosmetics but no power bump. Also the S4 sounds pretty nice from the inside.

But I'd still take a regular 335 over an S4 any day, because with a $379 tuning chip, my regular 335 can push 350 Horses just like that!

I hope the next gen audis will have a total interior make over...interiors are very important to me, as important as exterior!

I would actually strongly consider the A5 over the F30..don't know if its very comparable but yep the A5 is sexy, and the face lift even sexier
I dont know about dated. The a4/s4 interior is pretty sharp IMO. ANd yes you can get a piggyback for $379 that puts you at 350hp, but the F30 mods are limited due to being new, and audi s4 already has a ton of ECU flash options that put the car at 420 plus hp. AWE, APR, Stasis. They all offer similar performance. I saw an APR audi run last year and it rips. THey're no joke. Low 12's.
      10-22-2012, 04:27 AM   #74
nsquared
[Versatile]
Rep
Drives: (S)LOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T111 View Post
Correct - First one was a 2012 335i Sportline that I had ordered in March, delivered in May, noticed vibration about 200 miles in. No fix, had PUMA case and all. Dealer traded that vehicle for a 2013 335i M sport that was in bound. Drove the car for 100 miles, steering vibration, then dealer bought it back due to my longstanding relationship with them. I found both counts unacceptable, thus I am no longer in the vehicles.
Thats pretty darn scary. What was the vibration like?!
'20 AW F87 X3MC - Sold
Current: `23 Chalk G80 M3CX | Ordered: '24 M3CS - Week37 build.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #75
MaX PL
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurro View Post

6. Interior's are fairly comparable but the 335i looks a little more "sporty" to my eye.
so you find the audis seats, steering wheel, and carbon fiber trim as less sporty than the 335i?

okayyyyyy...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #76
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
so you find the audis seats, steering wheel, and carbon fiber trim as less sporty than the 335i?

okayyyyyy...
S4 seats and steering wheel are nice. I actually like the leather/alcantara combo and wish BMW would bring that over to the US.

Brushed aluminum trim is standard. The carbon fiber trim is a $500 option. There's also a perforated aluminum trim option that's $750.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #77
ocso1606
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M

Garage List
2007 BMW 525xi  [0.00]
2010 Volvo  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i M-Sport  [0.00]
335i M-sport....is sportier. My opinion
      10-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #78
WilliCO
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 535 xDrive MSport

The S4 is a fantastic car - a top choice in its segment. Fast, looks great, nice inside.

The 335 is a fantastic car - a top choice in its segment. Fast, looks great, nice inside.

Buy the one that speaks to you - you can't go wrong with these two cars!
      10-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #79
stactum
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M-Sport

Let me first say - I am not brand loyalist for either, so I won' be standing here screaming BMW or Audi; the only thing I'd say, BMW has a headstart since just recently I got X3 for my wife, and it is hands down better than Q5 imho.

However when I started my own research on 335i xDrive M Sport/Sport and S4 - It tookme quite some time to come to a decisive conclusion, and in my case I choose S4.
If it was between A4 and 328i it would probably be Bimmer, depending also on price difference.
In my case 335i xDrive was a little over $57K and S4 about $56,400 which is not all that important.
In terms of driving pleasure I always returned to Audi. I rereay wanted to love 335i, but every time there was something about Audi that stood above. Don't get me wrong, both are fantastic cars, but from brand-unbiased point of view S4 seemed better for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #80
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by stactum View Post
Let me first say - I am not brand loyalist for either, so I won' be standing here screaming BMW or Audi; the only thing I'd say, BMW has a headstart since just recently I got X3 for my wife, and it is hands down better than Q5 imho.

However when I started my own research on 335i xDrive M Sport/Sport and S4 - It tookme quite some time to come to a decisive conclusion, and in my case I choose S4.
If it was between A4 and 328i it would probably be Bimmer, depending also on price difference.
In my case 335i xDrive was a little over $57K and S4 about $56,400 which is not all that important.
In terms of driving pleasure I always returned to Audi. I rereay wanted to love 335i, but every time there was something about Audi that stood above. Don't get me wrong, both are fantastic cars, but from brand-unbiased point of view S4 seemed better for me.
One of the problems is the S4 is a true performance offering and uses Quattro and the sport diff etc to take advantage of the AWD traction.

The M-Sport X-Drive actually takes away from the sporting nature of the RWD version instead of amplifying it. So I can see how in terms of performance an S4 can trump an X-Drive.

'98 Dinan/RMS stage 2+(VAC cams, CES Cutring etc)
'15 Buick Regal "T"(wife)
'06 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt (full suspension, LSD, clipped turbo etc)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #81
sean10mm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i xDrive 6MT ZDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by stactum View Post

Out of curiosity, did the xDrive you drove have the Dynamic Handling Package? If not you were comparing the soft base suspension up against an S4 since the xDrive Sport/M Sport still has the base soft suspension and not the sport suspension of the RWD models unless you spring for the DHP.

S4 would win on pure performance either way but I imagine comparing the soft base suspension to an S4 would just be brutal. Especially if the S4 had the sport diff and/or Audi's adaptive suspension too.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #82
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

I compared the 2, picked the 335i M sport for the following reasons...They are in this order on purpose

1. No local Audi Dealer - service = 350 miles one way
2. Exterior, BMW is prettier
3. Interior, BMW is prettier
4. Price - roughly same
5. Truedelta resutls - BMW beats Audi.
      10-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #83
aceking4u
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Audi & BMW

Quote:
I test drove both the S4 & S5 Audis before driving the 335i M sport. Between all three cars, I find the engines very comparable and fun to drive but in the end the styling of the 335i was just more to my eye. I think the Audi's look great from the front and back but from the side, they seem one dimensional.

3. I've looked at the specs of all three cars and they look virtually identical but I found the legroom in the back seats much better with the 335i.

4. Audi dealers aren't dealing as much as the BMW dealers. Try getting an S4 or S5 at invoice...Isn't going to happen.

7. Didn't want to pay $30 a month to Google for the Nav system. This just was like...WTF??? No.....

Audi's are great and originally I thought that I would buy one but in the end I just liked the look of the 335i and the EB ll just sealed the deal. Audi makes a great car, no doubt. Someday, I may own one.
I owned an Audi S5 and have been inside an S4. So I'm going to shed some light on this debate.

1. Price difference is for the most part, AWD. The car comes more equipped (such as real leather), so these add ons are going drive it up. This also answers the weight question, because AWD cars are heavier.

2. Weight + HP is a factor, but 335i gas mileage is amazing.

4. Some people may choose an S4 over a 335i due to exclusivity. A lot of college girls are choosing a White 328 or 335i out of school. 3 series are very common in LA. Not so much with Audis. BMW is mass producing vehicles for good reasons, but not so much w Audis.

6. Interior of an Audi fully equipped vs a 335i or 328i doesn't even come close. An audi gives you the option of adding carbon fiber trims from the front seat all the way to the back seat. Something BMW, and Mercedes definitely lack. Flat bottom steering wheel and Standard Real Leather and Alcantara.

7. Can't speak for the google per month...but I would say Sirius / Satellite Radio is free and comes with a free subscription.

I don't consider myself bias and I mean it when I say this. If i had to choose I would choose

A 328i over an A4 easily.
An S4 over a 335 semi-easily.

Also another thing to consider, look at a used equipped S4 vs a used equipped 335. The 335 will depreciate a lot more than an S4 (2012 MY and before).
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #84
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post

okayyyyyy...
I don't recall any carbon fiber trim but I literally test drove each for 15 minutes or so because I didn't have much time. The steering wheel was nice but I don't remember it as significantly better than the M Sport steering wheel. The dashboard in the Audi's were less appealing to me but it's subjective.

In the end, my opinion is they are very close in most aspects, people will just be splitting hairs with regard to which one is better in any category. I just ended up liking the lines of the BMW more with most other things being equal.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #85
azzurro
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceking4u View Post
I owned an Audi S5 and have been inside an S4. So I'm going to shed some light on this debate.

1. Price difference is for the most part, AWD. The car comes more equipped (such as real leather), so these add ons are going drive it up. This also answers the weight question, because AWD cars are heavier.

2. Weight + HP is a factor, but 335i gas mileage is amazing.

4. Some people may choose an S4 over a 335i due to exclusivity. A lot of college girls are choosing a White 328 or 335i out of school. 3 series are very common in LA. Not so much with Audis. BMW is mass producing vehicles for good reasons, but not so much w Audis.

6. Interior of an Audi fully equipped vs a 335i or 328i doesn't even come close. An audi gives you the option of adding carbon fiber trims from the front seat all the way to the back seat. Something BMW, and Mercedes definitely lack. Flat bottom steering wheel and Standard Real Leather and Alcantara.

7. Can't speak for the google per month...but I would say Sirius / Satellite Radio is free and comes with a free subscription.

I don't consider myself bias and I mean it when I say this. If i had to choose I would choose

A 328i over an A4 easily.
An S4 over a 335 semi-easily.

Also another thing to consider, look at a used equipped S4 vs a used equipped 335. The 335 will depreciate a lot more than an S4 (2012 MY and before).
Thank you for pointing out the price differential being attributable to AWD, something that I meant to post as a difference but forgot. That price differential is wasted on me because I didn't want an AWD car, call me old fashion.

The exclusivity point is interesting which is why I was going to buy the Audi originally. I live in SD and it's like LA, lots of BMW's & Mercedes everywhere, especially where I live.

In SD these days, I see more and more Audis (granted most are A4's) but more and more A6's, A7's, A8's and getting to a point where they are becoming as visible as BMW, Mercedes, Lexus etc. This exclusivity is not apparent around where I live.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to bash the Audis because they are fine cars and right there technology wise (or more) than BMW. The decision to buy one over the other was very close & I could have easily bought the Audi. I love those LED's.

Even though there are lots of BMW's, there are NOT a lot of F30's in Estoril Blue. I just spent an entire week in downtown Los Angeles, drove to San Luis Obispo & back to SD and have STILL never seen an EB ll F30 on the freeway or driving around town. In Cali, I call THAT.....exclusivity.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #86
T111
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, Aud

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Thats pretty darn scary. What was the vibration like?!
Poor enough to return BOTH of my vehicles. Plain and simple it is unacceptable for any car, especially models of such value, to have an issue like this. Thus they are now back with BMW to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #87
Tsuvoi
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:

I agree with all your points and this is also what's steering me towards the 335 as well.

About your point #7 I also was very annoyed at the $30 charge to use google search in the nav and not being able to use your cellphone connection for that. But is BMW even offering Google search in their nav? And is it free?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #88
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1337 View Post
I agree with all your points and this is also what's steering me towards the 335 as well.

About your point #7 I also was very annoyed at the $30 charge to use google search in the nav and not being able to use your cellphone connection for that. But is BMW even offering Google search in their nav? And is it free?
Yes and no it's part of the 200/yr susbscription based on what the guy @ the P.C. told me. I don't need a concierge, etc...so I didn't opt for that. However he did mention something about google searches. I stopped listening when he told me it wasn't included in the purchase price.