F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Need Views on CeramicPRO Protectant
Extreme Powerhouse

10-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
sirdrebin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY2013 335xi sedan ordered

Question Need Views on CeramicPRO Protectant

I'm looking for a proven, multi-year sealer/protectant for a new car I'll be getting in the next few months. I've used Opti-Coat 2.0 before on a couple of cars and have been well satisfied with it.

Recently, I've seen some very favorable reviews of what I think is a pretty new product which originated in Sweden: "CeramicPRO 9H". A couple of the reviews by supposed professional detailers said that it's as least as good, if not better, than the Opti-Coat.

Being my usual skeptical self, I'd welcome any views/experience that my fellow real world drivers on this site can share. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
Ganxxta
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: F32 4er Coupé

Can't give you any view yet as my car is just getting the Ceramic Pro 9H treatment this week.

Car needs to "harden" at least 72 hours afterwards with no rain or other influences, so I'll let it in the shop over the weekend

Personally I was also considering OptiCoat at the beginning, but as I didn't want to do something wrong on a new car and here was no professional detailer in germany, I found Ceramic Pro.

From my detailer I have a guarantee that for at least 3 years the coating will stay the same, but theoretically it should last longer as:

"9H can only be removed by abrasion making it a highly durable protective coating to protect your paint work for damaging contaminants."

Lets see if the money I spent is worth it
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 10:25 PM   #3
sirdrebin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: MY2013 335xi sedan ordered

Smile Reply to Ganxxta

Thanks for your initial info. If you have anything to add in the future, I'd welcome hearing it.

Hope you get MORE than you money's worth out of the 9H and, or course, enjoy your new Bimmer!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:39 PM   #4
OdinAutoDetailing
Glorified Car Washer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

I have a very good friend in Washington state that is a certified pro installer for Ceramic Pro. Speaking with him, and seeing what I've seen, it is definitely up (9H at least) with any of the other high end coatings on the market, and you should be very satisfied with it, if the installer knows what they're doing.
Appreciate 0