F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > HID PROBLEMS. Please help.
GetBMWParts

11-19-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
shortkyle
Registered
Rep
Drives: EB2 328i X

HID PROBLEMS. Please help.

Hey guys,

So I purchased the Innovited HID kit for my F30. The kit is high quality and the price is killer. I also got Kensun cancellers. When I first installed them, they both turned on and then the left one shut off. I swapped the cancellers and the same problem started with the right one. I can turn the car off and back on and both lights will light up but the one(with the seemingly faulty canceller) turns off after a bit. If I turn the lights off and back on the right one will flicker then go out. Is this an issue with the car still? Or do I need another canceller?

Really need some help, sick of getting brights flashed at me for riding with mine on.

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

please tell me you didnt put these in halogen reflector bowls.. thats your first problem. you are getting flashed because you put an HID kit in your halogen reflectors..... thanks for scattering light all over the road and blinding on coming traffic.
      11-21-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
Mr.Apo11o
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2130 F30 N20 328i

Talking Better than any HID Kit | Halogen Headlight Adjustment

**If you are installing any HID or LED Kits on Halogen Headlamp Housing, remember that light is being reflectively scattered, you must adjust and level the bowls accordingly or else this could result in light loss and extreme glare to other drivers. We have to recall that we are not dealing with light projection which is ultimately one of the best choices for upgrading headlights.*

From my own personal take;

I have used HID kits before and have had issues with all brands, either flickering or fitment, ballast to big ect...

Found these and was a little skeptical at first but honestly the best Kit I have ever owned.

First of all the price is not bad at all comparing them to any quality HID Kit and in addition has a great warranty. They fit perfectly with no wobble on both H7 headlights/high beam and H8 Fogs.

The color is fantastic, the best way to describe the color is like the older Lexus and Infinity headlights, white with a small/tiny hint of blue, not "ghetto" by far. They turn on instantly with no need to warm up, No errors.

they fit perfectly into the headlight housing, the difference from Halogen to these LED's are incredible, I drove from Orlando to Miami 3.5hr drive at night and these lights gave me great confidence on the road, visibility is phenomenal and did not get any drivers flashing their lights at me, so in conclusion the glare is minimal.

I stopped next to a new 2016 Mercedes CLS equipped with their new LED adaptive headlights and the color was exactly the same.

i have to admit angel eyes and projection HID looks and performs the best, but if you are not in the market to spend a check on headlights, I highly recommend these. They do bring a pair of resistors that will not get hot at all, they basically eliminate errors.

Ill be making a post with before and after pictures & videos.

PM me if you have any questions.

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...og-Light-Bulb/
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 05:29 AM   #4
hakisalapaki
Private
Rep
Drives: BW 2012 F30

Hid kit for reflectors

Hi,
There is a new item calls H7 R with anti glare solution for refletor based bmw.
Did some one used this xenon bulbs?

regards
Appreciate 0